ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV NBC cans 30 Rock, Community, and Parks and Rec (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259373)

Red Brooklyn 05-10-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jawshco (Post 8605435)
I don't see how the Office doesn't end at the end of this season. With so many of the cast leaving and Dwight getting a spinoff show. They should probably wrap it up now before it gets worse. Any worse than last week's episode would be unwatchable for me.

Who is leaving? James Spader, which has always been the deal. Possibly Dwight and Toby if the spin-off gets picked up. That's three (really just two, and only one of any real significance to the on-screen show).

Who else? I haven't heard.

DaFace 05-10-2012 09:48 AM

So basically, almost every show I watch on NBC. Interesting move.

Deberg_1990 05-10-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8606613)

Its not about quality. Quality shows get sacked all the time.

NBC would run 7 nights of "Ouch My Balls" if they thought it would get them to #1.

Brock 05-10-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 8606610)
Who is leaving? James Spader, which has always been the deal. Possibly Dwight and Toby if the spin-off gets picked up. That's three (really just two, and only one of any real significance to the on-screen show).

Who else? I haven't heard.

Mindy Kaling is leaving.

siberian khatru 05-10-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8606613)

Yeah, it's a bloodbath for me, too.

Pitt Gorilla 05-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8606651)
Mindy Kaling is leaving.

Any idea why? She was one of the primary writers, IIRC.

Brock 05-10-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8606671)
Any idea why? She was one of the primary writers, IIRC.

Got a show on Fox.

BigMeatballDave 05-10-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Mindy Kaling is leaving.

I hadnt heard. She does a lot of writing for it. They should wrap that show up next season.

Bump 05-10-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 8606008)
I wish they'd do a Ron Swanson spin-off. That would be neat.

was just about to post that. I'm down for a Ron Swanson spin off, the writing would have to be good and it couldn't be too much. But he's just too awesome of a character to let die.

mr. tegu 05-10-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 8606414)
I guess I won't spend much time with NBC anymore. Sunday Night Football, The Office (which I could take or leave anymore) and Grimm (which I could also take or leave) are it on their schedule.

Hell there is hardly anything I watch on network TV anymore. There will be football and -

Sunday - Simpsons (I'm a loyalist)Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Nothing
Wednesday - ABC comedies
Thursday - The Office
Friday - Grimm
Saturday - Nothing

I know my wife watches some goofball vampire shows that I never watch with her. I'll occasionally half pay attention to Once Upon A Time when she is watching that, or New Girl.

Everything else is baseball (right now), cable programming or whatever I can discover on Netflix.

I have actually found that The Simpsons have made it back to their better days in the past few seasons. For a while it, say for 3-5 years prior to these past few years, was getting pretty bad, mostly because every episode would introduce a new character that was essential to the story. But now they have reverted back to stories utilizing the characters we all know and love who are always present.

The Simpsons community is so large that there are endless opportunities with already established characters that will always be there instead of one time cameos or outside characters.

RealSNR 05-10-2012 11:13 AM

As much as I adore Community, it's really a show that just doesn't get ratings. Most of its viewers prefer to watch it on Hulu on their own time.

Which is smart, but that's how a show doesn't get ratings. And that's how brilliant television gets cancelled to make room for The Voice: Miami

RealSNR 05-10-2012 11:14 AM

At least there's still Archer.

gblowfish 05-10-2012 11:19 AM

It'll all be replaced with dirt cheap reality TV crap.

gblowfish 05-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8606630)
Its not about quality. Quality shows get sacked all the time.

NBC would run 7 nights of "Ouch My Balls" if they thought it would get them to #1.

This is actually a wonderfully insightful programming recommendation. "Ow My Balls" is one of my favorite reality shows!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_4jrMwvZ2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Red Brooklyn 05-10-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Mindy Kaling is leaving.

For sure? Or only if her pilot gets picked up?