ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News ‘Unbearable’ smelling passenger that caused plane’s emergency landing dies from tissu (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316000)

BigRichard 06-28-2018 06:47 AM

‘Unbearable’ smelling passenger that caused plane’s emergency landing dies from tissu

e necrosis

What an odd story...

Quote:

A man that caused a Transavia flight from the Spanish island of Gran Canaria to make an emergency landing in Portugal has died from tissue necrosis, Netherlands' De Telegraaf reported.

The male passenger, now identified as Russian rock musician Andrey Suchilin, allegedly smelled so strongly that others on the flight began fainting and vomiting once the plane took off from Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands. Several passengers said the smell was “unbearable” and the man was “unwashed.”

The 58-year-old reportedly had contracted an infection while on vacation in the Canary Islands that caused his body tissue to die, resulting in the odor.

As Daily Mail reported, Suchilin caught the infection in Gran Canaria. Suchilin’s wife, Lidia, wrote on Facebook, Newsweek reported, that her husband had sought medical attention before leaving Spain, but was told it was just an “ordinary beach infection” and given antibiotics.

His condition worsened on the flight to Amsterdam.

Last month, on the flight, Belgian passenger, Piet van Haut, told Express the man smelled like he had not bathed in “several weeks.”

"It was like he hadn't washed himself for several weeks. Several passengers got sick and had to puke,” van Haut said.

According to the publication, airline crew members tried to keep the man contained in the airplane bathroom while the pilot diverted the flight.

The plane landed in Faro in Portugal where the man was removed from the Boeing 737 and placed on a bus by medical personnel.

In a statement to Express from Transavia, the airliner confirmed the emergency landing was due to “medical reasons.”

"The aeroplane diverted because of medical reasons, but it is indeed right that he smelled quite a bit," a Transavia spokesperson told the news site.

Transavia later returned Fox News' request for comment with the following statement:

“We can confirm that on May 29th a stopover of flight HV5666 (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - Amsterdam) has taken place on Faro (Portugal). This was a precautionary measure in relation to a passenger for medical reasons,” a company spokesperson said via email.

“Due to privacy legislation, however, we cannot not disclose details about individual cases. What we can say is that our crew has acted correctly and carefully in accordance with the applicable procedures.”

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...-necrosis.html

Chazno 06-28-2018 06:54 AM

well that stinks.

tooge 06-28-2018 07:17 AM

What a rotten thing to do

Rasputin 06-28-2018 07:21 AM

I bet he smelled like Death Warmed Over

Red Beans 06-28-2018 08:26 AM

I heard he played second guitar on Sponge's Rotting Pinata.

Rain Man 06-28-2018 08:53 AM

That's actually kind of sad. People are making humiliating remarks about the guy and it wasn't his fault at all. He got the infection on the trip.

KChiefs1 06-28-2018 08:54 AM

I’m staying away from the Canary Islands!

Frazod 06-28-2018 09:10 AM

Sounds like the scumbags that ride my commuter train, except add curry.

wazu 06-28-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13609086)
I’m staying away from the Canary Islands!

This was my thought. “Ordinary beach infection?” What the hell?!

MagicHef 06-28-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13609084)
That's actually kind of sad. People are making humiliating remarks about the guy and it wasn't his fault at all. He got the infection on the trip.

Is "unbearable stench" one of the special factors in your gladiator tournament yet?

SuperBowl4 06-28-2018 10:13 AM

FOUL PLAY?

Beef Supreme 06-28-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 13609182)
Is "unbearable stench" one of the special factors in your gladiator tournament yet?

If the combatants have to wrestle, it could be quite a powerful weapon.

Fish 06-28-2018 10:29 AM

If I were that man's family, I'd raise a huge stink with those authorities.

DJJasonp 06-28-2018 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
why did this come to mind:

Otter 06-28-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13609084)

I knew something terrible happened on that cargo ship when I mentioned traveling and you started to cry!