ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request I need help fast, guys. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270178)

bowener 02-19-2013 01:15 AM

I need help fast, guys.

I have recently suspected my brother has been into drugs (lost his job, erratic behavior, money troubles, poor hygiene...), and I just found all the evidence I need in his pocket. Two hypodermic needles and heroin (what I presume is Heroin). He is passed out in my parents living room right now. I do not know what the **** I am supposed to do. Our stepdad pretty much despises him for how he treats our mother, and I really do not want to have to tell her this. I also do not want to see him in jail, since that will pretty much ruin his future, and not to mention how it will hurt his chances of getting to have anything to do with his daughter again. I am at a complete loss right now. I have no idea what to do or who to talk to.

I emailed a friend that is a therapist to ask him for information on who to contact and how to go about this. **** this sucks. Anybody here have experience with this at all?? Please help me.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:17 AM

Call 911 get help for him. He needs help above what you can do for him He will forgive you in time but his life is what matters now.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:19 AM

The fear I have for him is overdosing on that shit & You couldn't handle that no one can when it's family. Get help now. Call somebody.

bowener 02-19-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9414775)
Call 911 get help for him. He needs help above what you can do for him He will forgive you in time but his life is what matters now.

****! What happens to him when they get him?

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9414777)
****! What happens to him when they get him?

Don't worry about it save his life then take it one day at a time.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:21 AM

They can get him treatment and you did your part. It's going be up to him to stay clean and sober but at least you can show love for him in support to stop ****ing himself up. It shouldn't be tollerated. Call hot lines to get help

bowener 02-19-2013 01:22 AM

This is going to destroy my parents. I'm going to throw him in my car and cdrive him there. I'm ****ing scared
thank you

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:22 AM

First just take a deep breath for yourself and keep cool. stay collective with what your doing.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:23 AM

Prayers sent stay calm. I'd call the ambulance.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:24 AM

they can put him in a wing at the hospital for cases like this he does need the medical help to get over the withdrawels and they can be very bad. Hang tough praying for you .

Phobia 02-19-2013 01:24 AM

Here's the rub. You don't need help. He does. You want him to be helped. He does not. You can't fix this problem. He has to fix it. Drug addicts don't want help until they hit rock bottom. The only thing you can do to "help" is push him towards rock bottom. That includes doing things that will be uncomfortable for you, him, your family, and your relationship:
1. You could notify authorities.
2. You could swipe his stash. Tough to get high when you don't have the goods.
3. You could tell your family.
4. You could call 911 and tell them he OD'ed.

You're going to be forced to do something that sucks or do nothing at all and wait for him to destroy his life even more or perhaps even kill somebody or himself. I don't envy you this position but it's probably not your fault and unless you have big brass ones, there's nothing you can do about it.

Lumpy 02-19-2013 01:27 AM

Damn. That's a tough situation. He definitely needs to get support from his family.

It's one thing if he's just high. You let him come down, (move him to a bed, put him on his side). But, like others mentioned, if you think that he has overdosed, you have no choice but to get help immediately! Try to keep as calm as possible.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:27 AM

He won't have to go to jail but he needs help regardless. What he is doing to his body is far worse than jail. He can regain dignity in time it takes time so a short time getting put in a safe place is a good idea and help keep your mind at ease too.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-19-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9414787)
Here's the rub. You don't need help. He does. You want him to be helped. He does not. You can't fix this problem. He has to fix it. Drug addicts don't want help until they hit rock bottom. The only thing you can do to "help" is push him towards rock bottom. That includes doing things that will be uncomfortable for you, him, your family, and your relationship:
1. You could notify authorities.
2. You could swipe his stash. Tough to get high when you don't have the goods.
3. You could tell your family.
4. You could call 911 and tell them he OD'ed.

You're going to be forced to do something that sucks or do nothing at all and wait for him to destroy his life even more or perhaps even kill somebody or himself. I don't envy you this position but it's probably not your fault and unless you have big brass ones, there's nothing you can do about it.

Exactly this. You have to love him enough to do something that will make him hate you in the short term.

Best of luck.

Rasputin 02-19-2013 01:31 AM

I don't know if I would tell the family anything untill he gets a few days clean and sober. Family can make things worse not that they mean too but because it's harder on them to deal with. They need to know but not right away imo. Get professional help first then let them counsel you and the family how to best help your brother.