ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345487)

TripleThreat 10-08-2022 02:38 PM

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...pjpg&auto=webp

Quote:

Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.

ClevelandBronco 10-08-2022 02:44 PM

Bulls from Pitt? Bad news.

Wisconsin_Chief 10-08-2022 02:46 PM

What an absolutely terrible story. I don’t know how I would live with myself after something like this. I honestly don’t think I could. I’d probably off myself. And you can rest assured those dogs would be dying a very brutal death themselves.

Jewish Rabbi 10-08-2022 02:47 PM

Just telling Big Daddy to go **** himself before he even makes an appearance in this thread.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 02:49 PM

Pitbulls make up less than 6% of the dog population, yet are responsible for more than 80% of dog related human fatalities in the US

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I wouldn't trust one of those ****ing dogs for one second

Bob Dole 10-08-2022 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I feel so bad about them that I own one.

Mephistopheles Janx 10-08-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16514908)
https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...pjpg&auto=webp

Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.

I have a pitty mix... dopiest boy on the face of the planet. He is about the size of a big cat but weighs 42lbs and it is ALL muscle. Well, muscle and his giant head.

As for the program where kids read to dogs... that is actually pretty awesome. The dogs get interaction with people, the kids practice reading, and they learn about empathy towards animals and the less fortunate. Glad your kid does that.

In regards to the article... it doesn't state what started the attack (we have all seen countless videos of stupid children hitting dogs and cats until they are provoked into a reaction). We also don't know if these people were shitbird dog owners of if they were well trained pups.

THAT SAID.

If you are gonna get a dog like a Pitty, Mastiff, Cane Corso, Komondor, or any type of dog that is big, muscly, and has a strong sense of preservation... you HAVE to train them. If you have kids... you HAVE to train the kids how to behave around that type of dog.

KCrockaholic 10-08-2022 02:51 PM

Crazy that they owned the dogs for 8 years with supposedly no issues and then had a girl grow up to be 2, with still no issues, then just a random occurrence of aggression happened. Not saying I don’t believe that they were pretty normal family dogs but that they’d have a sudden flip of the switch so quickly. Terrible stuff regardless.

ClevelandBronco 10-08-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16514928)
Pitbulls make up less than 6% of the dog population, yet are responsible for more than 80% of dog related human fatalities in the US

I don't give a damn what anyone says, I wouldn't trust one of those ****ing dogs for one second

Less than 6%, meaning approximately one in 20 dogs are pit bulls? Leaving aside the fatalities stat for a moment, that’s a huge percentage of all dogs.

BryanBusby 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 16514932)
I have a pitty mix... dopiest boy on the face of the planet. He is about the size of a big cat but weighs 42lbs and it is ALL muscle. Well, muscle and his giant head.

As for the program where kids read to dogs... that is actually pretty awesome. The dogs get interaction with people, the kids practice reading, and they learn about empathy towards animals and the less fortunate. Glad your kid does that.

In regards to the article... it doesn't state what started the attack (we have all seen countless videos of stupid children hitting dogs and cats until they are provoked into a reaction). We also don't know if these people were shitbird dog owners of if they were well trained pups.

THAT SAID.

If you are gonna get a dog like a Pitty, Mastiff, Cane Corso, Komondor, or any type of dog that is big, muscly, and has a strong sense of preservation... you HAVE to train them. If you have kids... you HAVE to train the kids how to behave around that type of dog.

Shot in the dark and all, but it seems like the two pits in the OP had to be trained at least somewhat if they went 8 years without incident and there's only so much you can do to train an infant and a toddler.

TLO 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

We haven't had a pitbull thread in a while.

threebag 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

Seems like they are everywhere, especially with societies shift towards normalizing thugisms

Very sad for this family and others who have had bad experiences with mad dogs

Red Dawg 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

Hate pitbulls and rots. Kill them all.

Wisconsin_Chief 10-08-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16514928)

I mean this family had them for 8 years with no prior incidents, and then one day they just both freaking snap? Like what the hell?

Clearly this breed is just unstable, end of conversation. As you mentioned, I don’t care what anyone says. Keep those goddamn beasts chained and fenced at all times if you insist on having one.

Easy 6 10-08-2022 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 16514941)
Less than 6%, meaning approximately one in 20 dogs are pit bulls? Leaving aside the fatalities stat for a moment, that’s a huge percentage of all dogs.

Make of it what you will, but my opinion of them will never change