ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2016 NFL Draft: Offensive Tackles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297913)

RunKC 02-25-2016 09:41 PM

Spriggs is very similar to Fisher IMO, but his bench press surprised me. He did 4 more reps than Fisher, so it seems like he's substantially stronger than Fisher was coming out.

I bet Dorsey is keeping tabs on this guy.

RunKC 02-26-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12100348)
Spriggs is very similar to Fisher IMO, but his bench press surprised me. He did 4 more reps than Fisher, so it seems like he's substantially stronger than Fisher was coming out.

I bet Dorsey is keeping tabs on this guy.

Annnnddd he just ran a 4.85 40 at 301 lbs. With Conklin and Decker most likely gone before we pick, this guy has to be our highest rated OT prospect left.

Has to be in the conversation for 28.

jonzie04 02-26-2016 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12101009)
Annnnddd he just ran a 4.85 40 at 301 lbs. With Conklin and Decker most likely gone before we pick, this guy has to be our highest rated OT prospect left.

Has to be in the conversation for 28.

Sounds like he's tearing it up at the combine. I sure wouldn't bitch at getting a RT with the potential to play on the left side at 28. Especially in the AFC west against Von, Mack, and Ingram Who all either primarily line up against the RT, or they're moved around to exploit matchups.

Sandy Vagina 02-26-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 12101059)
Sounds like he's tearing it up at the combine. I sure wouldn't bitch at getting a RT with the potential to play on the left side at 28. Especially in the AFC west against Von, Mack, and Ingram Who all either primarily line up against the RT, or they're moved around to exploit matchups.

Looked very good in the movement drills... better than Stanley, even.

Can just as easily be gone by #28. :(

RunKC 02-26-2016 01:09 PM

Spriggs coach predicted he'd do 33 bench press reps and Mayock said they disqualified 2 at the combine bc he didn't lift the bar high enough.

He's basically a stronger Eric Fisher/Lane Johnson. Him doing 33 reps at Indiana shows he's substantially stronger and more NFL ready.

He's probably gone before we pick. Mayock said the Vikings seem to love him.

kccrow 02-26-2016 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12101095)
Looked very good in the movement drills... better than Stanley, even.

Can just as easily be gone by #28. :(

Likely. He's probably the 3rd tackle off the board at this point. Much better LT prospect than either Decker or Conklin.

RunKC 02-26-2016 03:09 PM

Daniel Jeremiah was just talking about Germain Ifedi and said a lot of scouts see him as a G bc they don't think he can play LT. Also said that he could play RT immediately and be solid year 1.

With Spriggs appearing to be a long shot, this guy could be another option. He can also Play G so he's got some versatility.

Saccopoo 02-26-2016 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12101415)
Daniel Jeremiah was just talking about Germain Ifedi and said a lot of scouts see him as a G bc they don't think he can play LT. Also said that he could play RT immediately and be solid year 1.

With Spriggs appearing to be a long shot, this guy could be another option. He can also Play G so he's got some versatility.

Love Ifedi.

36" arms. 6'6", 335 lb. and ripped for an OT. Strong like reerun bull.

I think he's the easiest plug and play and perform RT in this draft, though I like Joe Haeg in a couple of years to be the most complete OT from this draft.