ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Cockamamie Hog Shit that Pisses You Off (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289705)

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-04-2015 03:38 PM

Cockamamie Hog Shit that Pisses You Off

I had to buy a new battery, which normally isn't such a big deal. However, when I went to pop it out at the store (to avoid the core charge) the nut on the negative terminal was rounded off and I didn't have the tools to cut it off.

I get home and let it go for a few days, because I didn't feel like ****ing with it.

Just went outside and managed to get the 10mm rounded nut off with an 11/32 socket (didn't have to use the Dremel to cut it off, fortunately), but the metal strips that secure the battery down from the top are inveterate ****ing ****s, particularly the back strip, which is secured by a foot long rod with a hooked tip.

Trying to fit that mother****er into the back slot made me feel like one of those Apple slaves that launch themselves from the top of the factory into a better life. Of course, every time you try to tighten the front screw it moves the back post and nothing short of a ****ing voodoo spell was going to get that mother****er in.

That's the part that pisses me off about car repair. The job itself is never particularly difficult, but there is always one asshole mother****er of a fastener, nut, or screw the ends up taking 20 times longer than the ****ing job itself.

Am I the only one so enraged by such stupid shit?

Buehler445 01-04-2015 03:50 PM

This is why I'm a shit mechanic. Dad is a ****ing wizard at making shit like that work.

I can make spreadsheets do amazing things, but can be brought to my knees by a ****ing fastener.

Wife's car isn't better. She has an 11 Buick Regal. I change the oil in it because I like to check things over while I'm in there (and I'm cheap). So it has an internal oil filter, which is cool. So it's got a cap on it that takes 1-1/4. No problem. I've got a socket. Mother****er it's under a bunch of shit. No problem I've got a wrench. But you can't get to it straight, and you have to run the wrench through these ****ing wiring conduits (always a good ****ing idea). So that's the best option, and you have to fight to get maybe 1/25th of a turn at a time. It takes me 8 - 10 min just to get the ****ing oil filter out. Then I have to get the bitch back on. Mother**** GM.

TribalElder 01-04-2015 03:52 PM

I recently replaced my battery but the minions at war mart do the install for free

It was the best deal on a battery after looking around at different brands so **** it

Rain Man 01-04-2015 03:53 PM

Screws and bolts are why I work in an office.

BigMeatballDave 01-04-2015 03:55 PM

Vise grips. Use them. I've had to several times over the years when this happens.

chefsos 01-04-2015 03:55 PM

Hell, this thread is my life. I'm generally raging and cursing and throwing things when I'm working on something, because dumb shit makes me crazy, especially when I just know it's coming. I'll try to think of an interesting example. brb

jonzie04 01-04-2015 03:58 PM

lol! i know the feeling, im a shit mechanic myself, and im very impatient. these guys work amazing for getting off bolts that are round off.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51N7EFNSJ5L.jpg

lewdog 01-04-2015 03:58 PM

It's why I don't try to fix much. I get so enraged when something simple doesn't work and I spend way too much time trying to get it right. It's why I don't mind paying someone to do it. Sometimes the stress isn't worth the money you might save.

Marcellus 01-04-2015 04:00 PM

Pretty much everything that has to do with plumbing.

Need a new faucet? Get ready for 43 trips to the hardware store because nothing you had works with the new faucet even if they look identical.

Changing out a dishwasher? May as well buy a new house.

BigRedChief 01-04-2015 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11242626)
I had to buy a new battery, which normally isn't such a big deal. However, when I went to pop it out at the store (to avoid the core charge) the nut on the negative terminal was rounded off and I didn't have the tools to cut it off.

I get home and let it go for a few days, because I didn't feel like ****ing with it.

Just went outside and managed to get the 10mm rounded nut off with an 11/32 socket (didn't have to use the Dremel to cut it off, fortunately), but the metal strips that secure the battery down from the top are inveterate ****ing ****s, particularly the back strip, which is secured by a foot long rod with a hooked tip.

Trying to fit that mother****er into the back slot made me feel like one of those Apple slaves that launch themselves from the top of the factory into a better life. Of course, every time you try to tighten the front screw it moves the back post and nothing short of a ****ing voodoo spell was going to get that mother****er in.

That's the part that pisses me off about car repair. The job itself is never particularly difficult, but there is always one asshole mother****er of a fastener, nut, or screw the ends up taking 20 times longer than the ****ing job itself.

Am I the only one so enraged by such stupid shit?

Last few times I bought a battery, they changed out the battery and charged me a $5.00 disposal fee for the old battery. Seems like a good system to me.

Bearcat 01-04-2015 04:01 PM

I'm calm when shit hits the fan and big/unexpected stuff happens, and managers say they never see me stressed out.... but, stupid little shit and inefficiency can drive me crazy. Fortunately, I've learned to let it go pretty quickly, so I can scream at Outlook when it crashes, but not really give it a second thought..... well, except for those rare times when 600 small and stupid things happen all in the same minute.

KCrockaholic 01-04-2015 04:01 PM

I ****ing hate working on or even messing with my vehicle in the winter. I put it off as long as possible until Spring time if I know something is wrong. I'm a bitch about cold weather. Yet I work in it for 6 hours a day regardless of temp.

BigMeatballDave 01-04-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11242726)
Last few times I bought a battery, they changed out the battery and charged me a $5.00 disposal fee for the old battery. Seems like a good system to me.

It's a ripoff because they get paid for recycling it.

mr. tegu 01-04-2015 04:03 PM

Something annoying an unexpected like this happened to me recently. I was recently putting in a hanging light fixture in the basement. It was a plug in light that hangs from the ceiling. Instead of running an extension cord or wiring the fixture in I was just going to plug it into the existing fixture with a bulb insert adaptor. I got the fixture hung so no big deal, I was almost done.

The fixture had a pull chain and I had to turn it off to get the bulb out. Well the pull chain decided to break, but not before I pulled it, turning the fixture into the off position. Terrific. Since I was using that fixture it had to be in the on position.

Instead of ten minutes of hanging the fixture and plugging it in, I had to go to the store for a replacement pull chain fixture and install that which of course requires turning off the power, working in the pitch dark with a flash light, and doing the wiring. I should of been done in ten minutes but because the chain broke I had to spend an extra half hour on the little project.

Buehler445 01-04-2015 04:03 PM

But if you really want to get mad, go work on a Deere. They have some dumbass engineers in that joint. We demo'd a new combine a couple years ago. The deal was we could cut this tiny field of corn while they demod it to other customers if we would provide the fuel. No biggie.

Well the fuel tanks on the 70 series combines are fine. The cap is like this.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/898...n_Deere_JD.jpg

You can unlock it and pull it off with one hand, while you have the fuel nozzle in the other hand, and it has a retaining chain that runs on the inside of the cap to the inside of the tank. When you're done, you can reinstall it and lock it with one hand, while you have the fuel nozzle in the other. Works great.

So that's what I'm expecting when I haul fuel to this bitch****. So I crawl up there with the fuel nozzle in one hand and see this bitch.

http://imavex.vo.llnwd.net/o18/clien.../DAT156445.jpg

Now, some asshole has this one with a retaining chain from the top of the cap to the outside of the tank. This one unscrews instead of unlocks. So each one of those goofy ass points on that one who sucks the penis took two hands to unhook the chain from, all while I'm holding the nozzle and douching myself with diesel.

I've never been so pissed off at a fuel cap. FFS, you have to crawl up there, use two hands to get the ****ing cap off, go back down, get the nozzle, pump the fuel, take the nozzle back down, crawl up again to use two hands to reinstall the ****ing fuel cap. It's ****ing fuel people. If they can't get that bullshit right, how on earth can they expect to thresh grain. ****.