ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LARRY JOHNSON IS DONE!!!... THANKS CARL!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191564)

Molitoth 09-14-2008 06:02 PM

LJ doesn't deserve to be on this piece of shit team. I don't think LJ is a great RB, but he for sure isn't as bad as our playcalling and OL make him look.

Dayze 09-14-2008 06:05 PM

we'll be paying out the ears for him the next 2 years minimum.

Awesome.

tk13 09-14-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5019098)
He won't. He'll never be the same after the infamous 416 carries. There's evidence that backs that up, that if you break the NFL single-season rushing attempts, you won't be good again, except if you are Eric Dickerson, and to an extent, Emmitt Smith.

I was one of the people arguing that all those carries are bad for him. But it's not like his career is over immediately. It just made him more likely to be injured the next season. And shorten his career.

I bet if you put him in the backfield for the Patriots, you would be amazed at what you saw.

Coach 09-14-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 5019145)
I was one of the people arguing that all those carries are bad for him. But it's not like his career is over immediately. It just made him more likely to be injured the next season. And shorten his career.

I bet if you put him in the backfield for the Patriots, you would be amazed at what you saw.

Sammy Morris has been terrible for NE. I don't think it will work very well there, since most teams can now box 8 in the middle, and try to force Cassell to beat them with his arm.

No, I'm tired of people making excuses for LJ, when it's clearly obvious that he's done.

Programmer 09-14-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5017484)
Done by the over-use of two years ago followed by the big contract of last year. He is a fat cat who has no heart and does the very minimum of what he is supposed to do. The 1st rounder that we would have gotten from Dallas would have filled another hole. But Carl had to prove that HIS personal pick (over the wishes of his HC) was smart!

Absolutely the most ignornt football post of all time.

LJ does not have an offensive line.
Hermcuff does not allow the OC to game plan to use LJ the way he should be used.
Hermcuffs game plan never includes runs outside the tackles.
What offense we have is transparent.

Today until we were out of the gam we ran on virtually every first and second down.

Carl Peterson had no input on that. You can hate Carl all you want but the blame for LJ's lack of performance lies directly with Hermcuff Edweirds.

Gravedigger 09-14-2008 06:13 PM

You have to admit Programmer that running into the pile every time, instead of cutting to the outside, is pretty lame. Great running backs improvise and find the holes, LJ hasn't done that the entire year. Year Herm is terrible and his gameplans are almost as bad as his explanations for them afterwards, but in all honesty LJ isn't looking very good out there. If a dick like Herm or Chan call a run up the gut a good RB would see that the middle is collapsed and he needs to kick it out just a bit. Just my .02.

Frankie 09-14-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robo-Chachi (Post 5018097)
LJ is already talking to Rhonda Moss about being on his way out of KC.

HALLELUJA!!!

Frankie 09-14-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 5018142)
BECAUSE THE BLOCKING IS SOOOOO GOOD.

AH GET OFF IT! He doesn't even try.

Brock 09-14-2008 07:56 PM

There's nothing wrong with Larry Johnson that a better offensive line wouldn't fix.

Frankie 09-14-2008 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triple (Post 5018147)
this franchise made a huge mistake in giving larry johnson that big contract

I was somewhat of a CP supporter. Then when he gave the big contract to Dan Williams I jumped on the fence. When he gave LJ the big contract (instead of trading him) I jumped over to the other side. Those two contracts have been the biggest waste of Chiefs money that I can recall.

the Talking Can 09-14-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5019808)
There's nothing wrong with Larry Johnson that a better offensive line wouldn't fix.

his blocking...which is effort and concern for the team....and he cares little about either

Frankie 09-14-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Programmer (Post 5019169)
Absolutely the most ignornt football post of all time.

I can't decide if you are more political-stupid or football-stupid. Give me some time to decide. :hmmm: