ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Nightfyre's initial QB rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264183)

Chiefnj2 01-04-2013 01:24 PM

Shaky 2nd half of the season + poor bowl game + not participating (so far) at senior bowl = big dip in Geno's stock.

It may rebound by April, but I'd suspect he falls behind a bit. Glennon and/or Wilson will show well in Mobile and jump up the board.

Tribal Warfare 01-04-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9246285)
Bray is a sure thing? ROFL

I like Bray, but he's the biggest boom or bust prospect in this draft class.

Nightfyre 01-04-2013 02:00 PM

Between Bray and Logan Thomas...

DJ's left nut 01-04-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9280717)
Shaky 2nd half of the season + poor bowl game + not participating (so far) at senior bowl = big dip in Geno's stock.

It may rebound by April, but I'd suspect he falls behind a bit. Glennon and/or Wilson will show well in Mobile and jump up the board.

He'd better play in the Senior Bowl.

The last image in GM's minds cannot be him pouting on the sideline in Yankee Stadium.

If he wants to be the first pick, he needs to go out and perform credibly in the Senior Bowl.

O.city 01-04-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

So what does Glennon's bowl game do to him? Or his games against Virginia or other ACC teams?

Chiefnj2 01-04-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9281265)
So what does Glennon's bowl game do to him? Or his games against Virginia or other ACC teams?

it would drop him, but a good Senior Bowl week can help him rebound. And while you apparently attempt to diminish the ACC - Ga Tech just beat USC, Clemson upset LSU and FSU also just won their bowl games.

My understanding is that Wilson has been working with Chris Weinke. He'll probably look really good in Mobile.

And before any dope (not as much in the draft forum as main forum) says "Chirs Weinke - he sucks", I believe Russell Wilson and Tannehill and Foles all worked with him last year and he improved their stock.

O.city 01-04-2013 04:48 PM

I get the Wilson love, I like him alot too. But this Glennon stuff, don't really knwo where thats coming from. He had a few solid games, and is built well for a QB at the next level.

But he had awful games against Tennesse, Virginia, and Uconn. His accuracy is very questionable as his accuracy has actually gotten worse as he's gone thru school.

Bewbies 01-05-2013 09:43 PM

It is said that Pioli liked Glennon. That's all you need to know about how much cock he sucks as a QB.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

If his stock is maxed out, there's no point in him playing at the Senior Bowl.

If his agent is getting feelers that he's going to the Chiefs or Jags, he can only hurt himself.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 9268432)
After seeing Wilson's success this year I wouldn't mind Tajh Boyd in the third round.

Russell Wilson and Tajh Boyd are about as far apart as you can get in terms of prospects.

Nightfyre 02-08-2013 04:32 PM

Updated 2013 Draft Class List. Really not much change from my previous list, except I removed the returning juniors.

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Zac Dysert
4. Ryan Nassib
5. Matt Barkley
6. Mike Glennon
7. EJ Manuel

Wouldn't touch until after the third round:
Landry Jones
Tyler Bray (Intangible, accuracy concerns.)

Chiefnj2 02-14-2013 09:03 PM

I've been watching some of the various clips of the prospects and I'd have to say my opinion of Bray is dropping like a rock. Even though I like to take shots at all things USC, Barkley actually looks pretty good. I'm still not overly impressed by Smith. I understand he's a legit first round prospect", but he's not someone to completely fawn over.

Sorter 02-15-2013 12:22 AM

Revised pre-combine/pro days (which won't have a huge effect unless someone just blows it up throwing)

1. Geno Smith
2. Tyler Wilson
3. Matt Barkley
4. Ryan Nassib
5. Matt Glennon
6. Zac Dysert (pretty close with Glennon, almost 5a/5b if you will)
7. Tyler Bray
8. EJ Manuel

Tribal Warfare 02-15-2013 01:10 AM

1) Geno Smith

2) Tyler Wilson

3) Tyler Bray

4) Matt Barkley

5)Mike Glennon

6) Ryan Nassib

7) Zac Dysert

8) EJ Manuel

Pasta Little Brioni 02-15-2013 10:29 AM

Since we have the number one pick and it's obvious where it should go position wise....

1. Geno Smith

Done