ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Sorter 05-30-2012 01:30 PM

Madden 2013

Due to the Madden 12 thread, I'd thought i'd post what the news is about this years edition.

-There will be no more picks from defenders looking over the shoulder or having the ball come over head. Defense must face the ball.
- Super jump abilities for LBs/DBs has been taken away
-Receiver icons will light up for pass plays when they would expect the ball on certain routes. Doesn't mean they're open, but when they would expect the ball coming out of breaks.
-There are new accuracy tweaks. They want you to throw into windows instead of waiting for the receiver gets open (almost impossible on 12)
- New throwing motions, and specific drop backs for all qbs (3,5,7 step drops)
-QBs do PA faster so you don't get raped by defenses constantly.

All I've heard so far really, but it seems that this game should play better. However, that is what is said every year. Until Madden gets a true competitor imo (2ksports) they will continue to put out a shitty product.

The Franchise 05-30-2012 01:32 PM

I'm not buying until they fix the franchise mode.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-30-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8647997)
-QBs do PA faster so you don't get raped by defenses constantly.

Finally! It has been nearly impossible to use PA on this game for years.

Sorter 05-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8648008)

supposedly, they are changing the potential so that it reflects how the players perform in franchise mode. I agree though, it has been dismal at best.

Kyle DeLexus 05-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8648008)

The sad thing is the Franchise mode tweaks are what made me buy it on release last year. Then franchise mode sucked an egg. Most of their tweaks were cosmetic at best and didn't fix the core problems. I couldn't trade up to #1 or #2 from #4 for three firsts, then another team trades to #1 from the #10 range for two firsts and a fourth.

The roster expansion was great on paper, but it didn't matter how well your players performed in the preseason they had set ratings they would end up in the end. The scouting was just as bad as ever. FA bidding was a decent feature, but they should let you pick the players you are interested in before bidding starts so they aren't lost in a giant shit storm. There were plenty of other problems and I could have lived with them if they hadn't made all the claims about the improved franchise mode.

On the subject of 2013, I'm undecided. On one hand if they actually make the changes they have claimed, it will be the best football game of all time. On the other, they usually **** up when they claim they fixed something (see franchise mode stuff above).

I'll probably buy it.

ModSocks 05-30-2012 05:38 PM

Same shit different day.

SnakeXJones 05-30-2012 05:43 PM

Madden 12 was just a giant POS

The Franchise 05-30-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8648418)
The sad thing is the Franchise mode tweaks are what made me buy it on release last year. Then franchise mode sucked an egg. Most of their tweaks were cosmetic at best and didn't fix the core problems. I couldn't trade up to #1 or #2 from #4 for three firsts, then another team trades to #1 from the #10 range for two firsts and a fourth.

The roster expansion was great on paper, but it didn't matter how well your players performed in the preseason they had set ratings they would end up in the end. The scouting was just as bad as ever. FA bidding was a decent feature, but they should let you pick the players you are interested in before bidding starts so they aren't lost in a giant shit storm. There were plenty of other problems and I could have lived with them if they hadn't made all the claims about the improved franchise mode.

On the subject of 2013, I'm undecided. On one hand if they actually make the changes they have claimed, it will be the best football game of all time. On the other, they usually **** up when they claim they fixed something (see franchise mode stuff above).

I'll probably buy it.

I won't buy it until they fix the issue of the other 31 teams in Franchise mode being ****ing stupid as shit. It's the same old bullshit. Team A has a 98 overall RB....and goes out and drafts one in the 1st round of the draft. And then goes and signs the top RB in FA. ****ing stupid.

Three years into a franchise and 75% of the teams are ****ed for cap room and huge name players are getting released because they can't afford them.

I shouldn't have to control 32 ****ing teams and make the decisions for them.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 07:06 PM

I miss the training camp feature the most. Madden always had a ratings cap on players but when they had training camp it didn't matter what the cap was because you could level them up in training camp.

kcxiv 05-30-2012 07:16 PM

Yeah I paass on madden until another company is able to make a game. If they don't then I don't at like ive been doing since 2005. I do miss playing though.

Kyle DeLexus 05-30-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8648578)
I miss the training camp feature the most. Madden always had a ratings cap on players but when they had training camp it didn't matter what the cap was because you could level them up in training camp.

I did like the training camp feature.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8648600)
I did like the training camp feature.

It made you get really good at user catching/tackling too.

Bump 05-30-2012 11:52 PM

Madden has been shit since 2006.

It's simple economics.

No competition is bad for consumer. Plain and simple.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:06 AM

I'm wanting to play again, i'll get it.

The Chiefs are going to kill some fools this year.

Sorter 05-31-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649040)

The top teams, IMO are going to be NE, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Seattle, Carolina, GB, Detroit, and Dallas.

NE and San Fran are by far the two best. They're going to destroy with their lineups for Madden

Micjones 05-31-2012 06:59 AM

I've heard that they tweaked the sounds of the crowd by using 5 times as many mics to gather crowd noise.

I also heard that they worked with NFL Films to infuse realistic tackle/blocking sounds.

The Franchise 05-31-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649144)
I've heard that they tweaked the sounds of the crowd by using 5 times as many mics to gather crowd noise.

I also heard that they worked with NFL Films to infuse realistic tackle/blocking sounds.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic....but if you aren't......this is the exact reason why I DON'T buy this ****ing game anymore. The gameplay remains broken as **** and they're putting time and money into making sure the game sounds right. Stupid.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-31-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649040)

I wish we'd kills some teams in real life.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8649080)
The top teams, IMO are going to be NE, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Seattle, Carolina, GB, Detroit, and Dallas.

NE and San Fran are by far the two best. They're going to destroy with their lineups for Madden

Yeah, i'm kinda looking forward to it this year, it sounds like they're atleast trying to get back to realism in gameplay & it'll also be nice to have a total defense & offensive line that isnt a bunch of 76's.

Thig Lyfe 05-31-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8648578)

**** man, I'm actually getting sad thinking about when they took training camp out. That shit was BALLER. It was a great way to focus on improving players, especially your top draft picks, without creating superhuman rating inflation.

RIP TC

Micjones 05-31-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8649486)
I don't know if you're being sarcastic....but if you aren't......this is the exact reason why I DON'T buy this ****ing game anymore. The gameplay remains broken as **** and they're putting time and money into making sure the game sounds right. Stupid.

There were several major gameplay modifications.

What part of the gameplay do you take exception to?

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649726)

Not to answer for pest, but one thing i hated was taking away the speed burst, let me decide when to turn on the jets, like real players do.

Quesadilla Joe 05-31-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649741)
Not to answer for pest, but one thing i hated was taking away the speed burst, let me decide when to turn on the jets, like real players do.

You can disable that in the game settings. Same thing for auto-strafe.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8649761)
You can disable that in the game settings. Same thing for auto-strafe.

Ahhh, i see said the blind man.

Micjones 05-31-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649741)

That can be changed though, no?

I like that they addressed LB's jumping out of the stadium to deflect and pick passes off. That was annoying as shit.

lcarus 05-31-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8649806)
That can be changed though, no?

I like that they addressed LB's jumping out of the stadium to deflect and pick passes off. That was annoying as shit.

That was the worst part of the game. I throw a pass 30 yards downfield, a LB 15 yards downfield shouldn't be able to intercept it or deflect it.

Kyle DeLexus 05-31-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8649842)
That was the worst part of the game. I throw a pass 30 yards downfield, a LB 15 yards downfield shouldn't be able to intercept it or deflect it.

This along with the defender having his back to you and still knowing exactly where the ball is at all times.

If they really fixed those two and made it where you can lead a receiver in their actual route it'll be worth buying. Also, if they fix playaction that'd be neat too.

ModSocks 05-31-2012 04:32 PM

Im curious to know how the sales figures have changed through the years for Madden.

Micjones 06-01-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

That was "Madden"-ing (pun intended), but it also made timing a key factor in completing a pass. So to some degree, it was a necessary evil.

Micjones 06-01-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8650058)
This along with the defender having his back to you and still knowing exactly where the ball is at all times.

If they really fixed those two and made it where you can lead a receiver in their actual route it'll be worth buying. Also, if they fix playaction that'd be neat too.

Supposedly the time it takes to complete the PA fake has been shortened up.

AndChiefs 06-01-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8651810)
Supposedly the time it takes to complete the PA fake has been shortened up.

That's good because calling a PA was essentially begging to be sacked.

lcarus 06-01-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 8651840)

What you mean when you get nailed before the play action animation even finishes like 80% of the time? Nah....they should leave that in. It's totally "in the game". :rolleyes:

Kyle DeLexus 06-01-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

They sure took it from one extreme to the other. Back in the day I could run PA all day and the defenders would all get sucked in. Now you could run all day and then run a PA pass once and it's an instant sack.

They did the same thing with screens. Just a couple years ago you could pop off a screen for 15+ anytime, in 2012 I was lucky if my RB caught the ball.

Aspengc8 06-01-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

-Defensive line & linebackers don't bite on the play-action. Ever. The only reason to run it was to fool someone that 'user' controller a LB or Safety.

-Defensive line never draws a double team. Dominant D-Tackles and Noses dominated lineman in 2 seconds.

-Too easy to manipulate broken blocking by stacking D-line/linebackers in certain alignments, causing guys to come in unblocked.

-O-line blocking in general. Often lineman/FB would go downfield, ignoring someone that is a much closer threat to the RB.

I could go on and on, including the BS playbooks consisting of 300+ plays of complete crap with very few real passing concepts. They somewhat got it right with some (smash, curl/flat, hi/low) but these passing concepts are done out of EVERY formation. They are BASE concepts. The same with running plays. Ever undercenter formation should have a inside zone, outside zone, toss & counter. Its basic and I should have to go searching through formations to find a god dam ISO play.

One day they will hire someone at EA that actually played at a higher level than high school to help them design a football game.

Sorter 06-01-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

The part that really irritates me is the O-Line blocking animations and how it is impossible to get pressure from your DE's. I can only get sacks with Tamba by using firezones online, and never get more than 5-6 sacks a season during franchise mode. It sucks.

Quesadilla Joe 06-01-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8652073)
The part that really irritates me is the O-Line blocking animations and how it is impossible to get pressure from your DE's. I can only get sacks with Tamba by using firezones online, and never get more than 5-6 sacks a season during franchise mode. It sucks.

That's because Tamba is slow. Speed is all that matters in Madden.

Sorter 06-01-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8652132)
That's because Tamba is slow. Speed is all that matters in Madden.

:clap:

Kyle DeLexus 06-01-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Really? I owned with Tyson Jackson which is sad since he shouldn't be able to rush the passer.

Thig Lyfe 06-01-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8651806)
That was "Madden"-ing (pun intended)

It would be weird if you put "Madden" in quotes and spelled it with a hyphen and didn't intend the pun.

Mama Hip Rockets 06-02-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8652174)
Really? I owned with Tyson Jackson which is sad since he shouldn't be able to rush the passer.

In a typical Madden season, Tyson Jackson gets 15-20 sacks and Tamba Hali gets 0-5 sacks.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-02-2012 03:05 PM

Had a few decent seasons in 12 after a slider over haul, but damn franchise mode is shit.

Sorter 06-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8654257)
Had a few decent seasons in 12 after a slider over haul, but damn franchise mode is shit.

That is by far the most irritating thing about this game; how I have to spend time on ****ing sliders to make it play at a nice level.

whoman69 06-02-2012 04:00 PM

I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

Valiant 06-02-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8654322)
I always found that the biggest problem with Madden was that the person who played the game the best won. I've heard from more than one person the guy that won their Madden league took one of the worst teams and still won. As a test of strategy or franchise building, its a complete failure.

Generally the best person does win in all sports games..

Bump 06-03-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

ya because Madden is complete garbage

Bump 06-03-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

:spock:

Rasputin 06-03-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8651880)
They sure took it from one extreme to the other. Back in the day I could run PA all day and the defenders would all get sucked in. Now you could run all day and then run a PA pass once and it's an instant sack.

They did the same thing with screens. Just a couple years ago you could pop off a screen for 15+ anytime, in 2012 I was lucky if my RB caught the ball.

Tecmo bowl, Steve Deberg playaction fake with Christian Okoye Pass to Stephone Paige FTW!

kcxiv 06-03-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8654628)
Generally the best person does win in all sports games..

Leagues can be regulated. Online is is usually about who can exploit the most. But u do find some Good legit players online. At least I did back in the 2k football days. Met and played some damned good pllayers.

-King- 06-03-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

I uhhh... What?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kyle DeLexus 06-03-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

So in your line of thinking the person who plays with the highest rated team should win? That would be horrible.

Bump 06-03-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8655188)
I uhhh... What?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think that he's saying that if someone who never played the game before, picked up the controller and played as the Patriots, Packers or Giants should beat the best madden player in the world if that player chose an inferior team to play as, such as the raiders or redskins. That's some prize winning logic right there.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

That is part of it. But also it's the fact that there is not enough arch on the ball. Those are a couple of gameplay things that they need to improve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8650058)

This is one thing that REALLY pisses me off about Madden. I can't tell you how many times I'll run a play action (yes, a PA....it does work if you know when to use it) with the TE doing a flag route and the WR doing a streak and the DB with the WR turns around at exactly the same time I throw to the WIDE OPEN TE and picks it. How the **** does the CB know to leave the WR he's covering if he is looking the opposite ****ing direction? That same shit happens sometimes on NCAA, btw.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

If the defense is running a jailbreak blitz, you need to change the play.

Lzen 06-03-2012 09:42 PM

The main things I hate about franchise mode (besides what I already commented on) are that there are some random games every season where your defense just can't tackle for shit. The CPU will have a guy that breaks 3, 4, 5 tackles and goes for a big gain. WTF, Madden?

Also, my QB can be an outstanding passer but it seems that there are a few passes every game where he is not under pressure and just completely misses a wide open receiver.

Dayze 06-07-2012 11:13 AM

off topic...but I wonder how NCAA 13 will be.
I"ll wait for that thread.

The Franchise 06-07-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8665214)
off topic...but I wonder how NCAA 13 will be.
I"ll wait for that thread.

I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the demo was out. I might go download it tonight and play it through. NCAA is always a game that I buy....they haven't totally ****ed that one up yet.

Sorter 06-07-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8656406)
If the defense is running a jailbreak blitz, you need to change the play.

It doesn't apply to just jailbreaks. PA sucks in general on Madden. Its asking to get sacked.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-07-2012 02:28 PM

I usually went to a max protect if I did try PA. That helped a bit. It is completely broke though.

-King- 06-08-2012 12:50 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQ9Kpmd60qQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 06-08-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8665243)
I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the demo was out. I might go download it tonight and play it through. NCAA is always a game that I buy....they haven't totally ****ed that one up yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Gp7BjL2Gjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whoman69 06-08-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8655649)
So in your line of thinking the person who plays with the highest rated team should win? That would be horrible.

No, the person who calls the best plays and has built a good team should win. You should not be able to take the Vikings from last year and win the league. You shouldn't win games because you know how to force fumbles on every tackle or get a sack/INT on every pass.

-King- 06-08-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8667812)
No, the person who calls the best plays and has built a good team should win. You should not be able to take the Vikings from last year and win the league. You shouldn't win games because you know how to force fumbles on every tackle or get a sack/INT on every pass.

So being a skilled player is a bad thing? Being so skilled that you make shitty teams look good is a bad thing now?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bambi 06-08-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8667752)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Gp7BjL2Gjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's all that whooshy stuff?

Thig Lyfe 06-08-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8667843)
So being a skilled player is a bad thing? Being so skilled that you make shitty teams look good is a bad thing now?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think he may be describing people who game the game. Which isn't really the same as winning with a low-rated team.

beach tribe 06-08-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8654880)
Tecmo bowl, Steve Deberg playaction fake with Christian Okoye Pass to J.J. Birden FTW!

Fyp

Bump 06-09-2012 12:39 AM

God, NCAA 2013 looks terrible. The big new feature (instead of working on in game problems that have existed for a decade) is getting to play with RG3 ON A DIFFERENT TEAM! YAY!! HIGH FIVE!!

GAY

|Zach| 06-09-2012 01:01 AM

These games are fun as hell.

It is always funny to watch unhappy gamers bitch...as if there is anything they could possibly do to keep all those people from ranting about the game. Haha.

RINGLEADER 06-09-2012 11:25 AM

Here is my 2012 Chiefsplanet Avatar courtesy of Madden 2013...

Jerm 06-09-2012 12:25 PM

First year I'm passing on NCAA and strictly getting Madden...I've had my problems with Madden in the past but it looks incredible this year.

Physics and Connected Career are going to be awesome, this new dev. team gets it.

Doesn't really matter right now as The Show and Max Payne 3 are owning my soul.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2012 12:28 PM

The Show

Hell, I have a Royals chise from last year's game still rolling along splendidly. Awesome game, but too much babysitting needed for CPU in franchise, so 30 team control is a must.

whoman69 06-09-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8667843)
Posted via Mobile Device

In short, yes.

Jerm 06-09-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8669395)
The Show

Hell, I have a Royals chise from last year's game still rolling along splendidly. Awesome game, but too much babysitting needed for CPU in franchise, so 30 team control is a must.

True...after a couple of season in my RTTS, the Yanks rotation included Yu Darvish, Tim Lincecum, AND Clayton Kershaw...ridiculous. Also, Hosmer was in Philly, and Boston had Strasburg and Duffy.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-09-2012 12:32 PM

Yanks and Sox always get top of the line players for C prospects and garbage. I just reverse the trade and shake my head.

Dayze 07-02-2012 12:08 PM

anyone hear any other news about Madden '13? see any other reviews etc?

Bump 07-02-2012 01:57 PM

so is this really the year that Madden fixes their in game problems and franchise? I've heard it every year the past several years. In fact, 2012 is the only Madden in existence that I did not purchase at all after 5 years in a row of saying that I would never buy another madden, but I'm stubborn and love football.

****, I have a feeling the hype with the new devs, gameplay improvements and fixes is gonna get me to buy it. I just hope I'm not gonna be disappointed, again.

Lzen 07-02-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 8669393)
First year I'm passing on NCAA and strictly getting Madden...I've had my problems with Madden in the past but it looks incredible this year.

Physics and Connected Career are going to be awesome, this new dev. team gets it.

I kinda feel the same way. New Madden looks much more impressive than NCAA.

The Franchise 07-02-2012 03:28 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f7qig__eNxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 07-02-2012 07:11 PM

Hmmm.

beach tribe 07-03-2012 12:26 AM

Of course I'm gonna buy this again, and be all pissed off because they will have changed something that wasn't broken, and added some useless detail, while ignoring the stuff that really matters like last year with the pre-game introductions. I do still enjoy playing it but come on. When was the last time that updated rosters wasn't the truly the only reason to buy this game?

beach tribe 07-03-2012 12:28 AM

I really didn't like the hot and cold crap either. I play hot and cold, I don't need the AI lowering my ratings when I don't play well.