ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will Pioli be fired before the blackout? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266558)

Lprechaun 11-13-2012 03:54 PM

Didnt read through the thread but on 610 they brought up a good point. Would Pioli really be traveling around to college games (which reports are that he is) if he is not going to be the one making the future decisions?

Marcellus 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9116070)
Didnt read through the thread but on 610 they brought up a good point. Would Pioli really be traveling around to college games (which reports are that he is) if he is not going to be the one making the future decisions?

Somebody posted an opinion from an anonymous GM in some article that Pioli was on the road to stay away from Arrowhead, and running from his problems.

Don't remember the thread though.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 03:57 PM

I think Pioli called Marty.

I think Pioli leaked the story that Marty and Clark talked.

Who else would have leaked it?

Pioli ahead of the curve.

I hope not but I have seen it before.

Pioli has a new contract and he and RAC are here for a while imo.

Steron 11-13-2012 03:59 PM

Not. A. Chance.

Lprechaun 11-13-2012 04:00 PM

RAC is gone after this season. There is too many potential established QBs that Pioli can hitch his wagon to with a new QB. The gobbling up ex players of old coaches or regimes has to stop.
Pioli might get one more year but I dont see it. Maybe he is just doing his due diligence for his next job. He can I guess do all his homework and still have it with him when he interviews for another GM job.
At this point its getting harder and harder to care. I cant imagine living in KC right now... Im surprised people arent picketing non stop at Arrowhead

milkman 11-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116084)

Scott Pioli and Marty are such good buddies.

Mama Hip Rockets 11-13-2012 05:03 PM

The Chiefs just played their best game of the year. Why would he get fired now?

Sorter 11-13-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9116084)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ue1wci.gif

Lprechaun 11-13-2012 05:09 PM

Just saw the SOC facebook page posted Pioli now has the worst winning percentage of any Chiefs GM

Bugeater 11-13-2012 05:18 PM

I don't have any reason to believe that he will be.

mnchiefsguy 11-13-2012 05:22 PM

Had to vote no. If the Chiefs had lost 45-0 last night, then maybe, but I do not see any pink slips being issued at Arrowhead anytime soon, unfortunately.

warpaint* 11-13-2012 07:05 PM

I don't get the feeling that Pioli is gone. I think he'll get to hire one more coach and draft a franchise QB and make a go of it and he will sink or swim based on those two outcomes. RC is as good as gone as they'll hire someone else to make a fresh start w/ the rookie QB.

Of course that is just a guess. We don't really know for sure what Clark is thinking.

If I had my druthers I'd send Pioli packing too just like most other fans but I'm not sure we're going to get that this yr.

As to whether it works, I have little/no faith in Pioli at this point but depending on who they hire and draft may very well be feeling optimistic about the future come spring.