ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What will the Chiefs receive if they decide to trade Alex Smith this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311040)

Ming the Merciless 10-23-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19now11 (Post 13173060)
he isnt going anywhere. he will retire a chief and a 3 time superbowl mvp. trade mohomo for a ineman and move on.

You're going to be getting a ton of rep and compliments for this

19now11 10-23-2017 07:46 PM

id be ok with him going back to sf, ive been looking for a reason to see levis stadium in person.

Chief Roundup 10-23-2017 07:49 PM

It is way to early for this. There is still way too much football left to play. Lets revisit this after the season.

penbrook 10-23-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13173080)
It is way to early for this. There is still way too much football left to play. Lets revisit this after the season.

This

kcchiefsus 10-23-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13172851)
If he continues to play well enough to warrant high draft picks he won't be going anywhere.

If he goes 1-and-done in the playoffs again his regular season stats won't mean shit.

JakeF 10-23-2017 07:57 PM

Depends on how he plays the rest of the season. If he keeps being the GOOD Alex then i could see the Chiefs squeezing a low 1st round pick out of him.

MAG 10-23-2017 07:58 PM

i hope we resign him

JakeF 10-23-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 13172958)
No one is trading for Alex at his age. At least, not very much. If the Chiefs don't want him back, other teams know KC will just release him . . . . . they're not taking that $20 mil. cap hit just to keep him as a backup plan.

You could say this about most trades but they still happen. The Vikings gave up a crazy amount for Bradford even though rumors had it that Bradford had lost his job already.

A starting QB is gold in the NFL, if Alex keeps playing like a legit starter then people will be interested. He must play well though and break out of the Game Manager category.

BryanBusby 10-23-2017 08:04 PM

I think people are underestimating how much a functional starting QB is worth in the NFL, even with his age.

It's about supply and demand. The supply isn't there to match the demand and you have multiple squads that win right ****ing now.

If he continues playing like he is now, his floor value will be a 2+Day 3 pick. A bottom half 1 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

penbrook 10-23-2017 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13173110)
You could say this about most trades but they still happen. The Vikings gave up a crazy amount for Bradford even though rumors had it that Bradford had lost his job already.

A starting QB is gold in the NFL, if Alex keeps playing like a legit starter then people will be interested. He must play well though and break out of the Game Manager category.

Hate to break it to you but he’s no longer in the game manager territory! He’s a playmaker

JakeF 10-23-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAG (Post 13173103)
i hope we resign him

I would not be shocked at all if Andy Reid tells Veach to keep Smith. I'm still not sure that draft Mahomes isn't part of the reason why Dorsey was fired. In my opinion, there was a power play at Arrowhead, cutting Maclin and drafting Mahomes were Dorsey's moves and not Reid's. Andy has said several times that keeping Smith his entire tenure in KC was fine with him. He could have preferred to draft another position for this season, instead of trying to draft a QB of the future.

BryanBusby 10-23-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13173124)
Hate to break it to you but he’s no longer in the game manager territory! He’s a playmaker

Right now, yeah. He peaked at the right moment for the Chiefs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13173130)
I would not be shocked at all if Andy Reid tells Veach to keep Smith. I'm still not sure that draft Mahomes isn't part of the reason why Dorsey was fired. In my opinion, there was a power play at Arrowhead, cutting Maclin and drafting Mahomes were Dorsey's moves and not Reid's. Andy has said several times that keeping Smith his entire tenure in KC was fine with him. He could have preferred to draft another position for this season, instead of trying to draft a QB of the future.

That's ****ing idiotic. Mahomes was approved top to bottom and the now GM was the main catalyst for it.

JakeF 10-23-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13173124)

I agree, but he must continue to play that way and not slide back into being a game manager.

Reerun_KC 10-23-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 13173131)
Right now, yeah. He peaked at the right moment for the Chiefs.

“Peaked”. Let’s see what “playmaker” does in January.

BigRedChief 10-23-2017 08:11 PM

My vote was based on his continuing this level of play to the end of the season.