ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295743)

KevB 10-31-2015 09:53 AM

Official 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season Thread

I don't believe this thread has been started yet, so here you go.

Good start to the season, key guys appear to be relatively healthy. As a basketball fan, good to see the Thunder back at full strength, as a Grizzlies fan notsomuch.

The West is just so deep, hard to figure out who comes out on that side. If the Cavs stay healthy, hard to imagine they don't represent the East.

If we have a group interested in a fantasy basketball league, I'd be happy to set it up.

KevB 10-31-2015 10:07 AM

Predictions :

West

1. Warriors
2. Thunder
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5. Rockets
6. Grizzlies
7. Jazz
8. Pelicans

East

1. Cavs
2. Bulls
3. Hawks
4. Wizards
5. Heat
6. Bucks
7. Raptors
8. Celtics

Warriors vs. Thunder in WCF, Thunder in 7
Cavs vs. Hawks in ECF, Cavs in 6

Thunder vs. Cavs in Finals, Cavs in 7

Kidd Lex 10-31-2015 10:09 AM

Are you a Thunder fan? Has anyone on the board been down to OKC and watched a game? Id love to make the trip, just wondering thoughts on the experience.

okcchief 10-31-2015 10:18 AM

I've been watching some but obviously still much more on baseball.

It's good to see Billy Donovan understand that it's awesome that KD and Russ to score 40 a piece to carry the Thunder to a win it's not good for the long haul. However the shots they took were pretty good for the most part. The defensive intensity was garbage in the first half but they didn't pick it up when it counted. Ibaka was soft last night, and got his ass sat as a result.Kanter made a couple of nice defensive plays in critical minutes which was nice to see.

They don't look comfortable in the offense or defense yet and are making a lot of mistakes. They still survived both games with wins against a good Spurs team, and i actually think Orlando might not be bad. As long as they stick with it I think they'll have as good of a chance as anyone if healthy.

Houston looks like dog shit so far. I don't expect them to continue it, but I didn't like the Ty Lawson fit for them. Harden isn't as good as a traditional 2. He needs the ball. You are better off staggering their minutes, and having Lawson play off the ball when they play together IMO.

I hated the Clippers enough. Add on Pierce, Lance, and Josh Smith it might be the most unlikable team in the history of sports. I echo Boogie's sentiments.

RealSNR 10-31-2015 10:24 AM

The Pelicans are ****ed this year. They're more injured than the Wolves were last year.

Anthony Davis and a bunch of dogshit would be able to fly okay in the East. Not in the West.

You heard it here. The Pelicans will not make the playoffs.

okcchief 10-31-2015 10:27 AM

I've got season tickets but I'm moving to Arizona for at least a few years. It's a great experience. I'm keeping them because I can make money selling them, and I can come visit during the playoffs. There are a lot of games I know I'll get around face value that I'll sell for face. I pretty much know what those will be at this point. As long as it's not Cavs, Golden State, Spurs or Clippers I'd probably do $15 a seat for CP members if they wanna go. I've got 4 seats in the cheap seats. So if you want to come see the Grizz Kevin let me know.

Mother****erJones 10-31-2015 10:31 AM

Sucks the Bulls lost to the ****ing Pistons last night.

ThaVirus 10-31-2015 10:42 AM

Steph Curry is still a beast

RustShack 10-31-2015 10:53 AM

S'go Cavs!

KevB 10-31-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 11851502)
I've got season tickets but I'm moving to Arizona for at least a few years. It's a great experience. I'm keeping them because I can make money selling them, and I can come visit during the playoffs. There are a lot of games I know I'll get around face value that I'll sell for face. I pretty much know what those will be at this point. As long as it's not Cavs, Golden State, Spurs or Clippers I'd probably do $15 a seat for CP members if they wanna go. I've got 4 seats in the cheap seats. So if you want to come see the Grizz Kevin let me know.

Would love to, if you have an extra ticket my son would like to come as well. He's a Grizz fan mainly because of me and we've been to a few games there, but he has pics of Durant/Westbrook hanging in his room, and he has a Westbrook Christmas Day jersey from a couple of years ago (so frankly, I'm not sure who he'd be rooting for :) ).

chiefzilla1501 10-31-2015 12:14 PM

Cavs are looking good. Love doing so well reminds me of why I'm still sour on the Love trade. He's better when he's shooting in volume. It seemed like they finally figured out how to make the big 3 work together in Boston, but I'm still a little nervous about how Love plays when kyrie gets back. Either that or Love turning into a hippie has turned his game around.

saphojunkie 10-31-2015 01:56 PM

Damn, Karl Anthony Towns is legit. Love how he attacks the rim.

dirk digler 10-31-2015 02:23 PM

Glad you started this thread Kev. I was going to if no one else was but was waiting until the Royals season was over.

There have been some great early games and OKC and GSW look like the early favorites to win it all.

chiefzilla1501 10-31-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11851714)
Glad you started this thread Kev. I was going to if no one else was but was waiting until the Royals season was over.

There have been some great early games and OKC and GSW look like the early favorites to win it all.

I didn't feel this way last year. But if the Cavs stay mostly healthy, they'll be really tough to beat.

okcchief 10-31-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 11851543)
Would love to, if you have an extra ticket my son would like to come as well. He's a Grizz fan mainly because of me and we've been to a few games there, but he has pics of Durant/Westbrook hanging in his room, and he has a Westbrook Christmas Day jersey from a couple of years ago (so frankly, I'm not sure who he'd be rooting for :) ).

Sure thing.

It looks like they only play them once this year here on 1/6. I have 4 tickets but if you only need 2 I'll get you those. They started this thing where you can only transfer digital the week before the game, but if you want to PM me your address I can mail you the physical tickets. Either way they are yours if you want them.