ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Canelo Alvarez vs Austin Trout***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272308)

KC native 04-20-2013 03:59 PM

****Canelo Alvarez vs Austin Trout*****

Anyone watching this tonight? This should be the match of the year. Two unbeaten young champs, two contrasting styles.

Boxing fans should be checking this out.

Sorter 04-20-2013 04:02 PM

Will probably watch. I'm not a huge boxing guy. Love the sport, just don't really follow it.

Rasputin 04-20-2013 04:03 PM

What bat channel?

What bat time?

Deberg_1990 04-20-2013 05:01 PM

Its on Showtime at like 8 or 9 central

KC native 04-20-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9608066)
Its on Showtime at like 8 or 9 central

9 CST and if you have Directv and no Showtime, you can PPV the fight for $35.95.

KC native 04-20-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9607981)
Will probably watch. I'm not a huge boxing guy. Love the sport, just don't really follow it.

Yea, it's a pain in the ass to follow it and with all the politics associated with it (Bob Arum needs to ****ing die already) it can be insufferable at times.

boxingscene. whatever is a British site that is a pretty good aggregator of everything Boxing.

Sorter 04-20-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9608245)
Yea, it's a pain in the ass to follow it and with all the politics associated with it (Bob Arum needs to ****ing die already) it can be insufferable at times.

boxingscene. whatever is a British site that is a pretty good aggregator of everything Boxing.

I just don't understand the numerous titles and Arum is a **** who's turned me off from boxing as well.

However, watching elite head-movement in boxing beats just about anything IMO. Maybe not elite head movement in MMA but since only 2 people can do it (Anderson and Jose Aldo), damn, I love watching boxing with good head movement.

kcxiv 04-20-2013 07:04 PM

This fight should be pretty good. Ones a boxer in trout and the other Canelo is a grinder, he can box, but he has heavy heavy punches. He's not really a 1 punch knock out guy, but a few of them heavy hits and its sleepy time. lol

KC native 04-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9608343)
This fight should be pretty good. Ones a boxer in trout and the other Canelo is a grinder, he can box, but he has heavy heavy punches. He's not really a 1 punch knock out guy, but a few of them heavy hits and its sleepy time. lol

Yea, if Cotto still had his power he would have put Trout down. I think Canelo goes hard and heavy on the body and finishes it around round 8.

If Canelo wins, you can expect Floyd to duck him though. This fight was supposed to be on the undercard for Mayweather vs Guerrero as long as Floyd agreed to fight Canelo in September. When Floyd refused to agree to that fight on paper (he had agreed verbally because he wanted Canelo to add to his PPV numbers) then Canelo decided to do the fight as a main event (which it should be).

kcxiv 04-20-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9608463)
Yea, if Cotto still had his power he would have put Trout down. I think Canelo goes hard and heavy on the body and finishes it around round 8.

If Canelo wins, you can expect Floyd to duck him though. This fight was supposed to be on the undercard for Mayweather vs Guerrero as long as Floyd agreed to fight Canelo in September. When Floyd refused to agree to that fight on paper (he had agreed verbally because he wanted Canelo to add to his PPV numbers) then Canelo decided to do the fight as a main event (which it should be).

Yep, He has to much power for Floyd to fight right now. Floyd may win, but he wont take that chance. Anyone thats a threat to give him a real challenge Floyd wont fight. He's stated it numberous times. It is what it is.

kcxiv 04-20-2013 10:01 PM

Canelo won because of the knock down, but its not by what the scorecards said. Open scoring ****ing sux. Leaves it to Texas to **** things up lol

KC native 04-20-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9608744)
Canelo won because of the knock down, but its not by what the scorecards said. Open scoring ****ing sux. Leaves it to Texas to **** things up lol

Yea, I thought the scoring was ****ed. I didn't really pay too much attention to scoring in 11 and 12.

I had it at 5 rounds to 5 rounds, Canelo up by 1 due to the knock down after 10.

Great fight though. Trout showed a lot of heart. Canelo came out a lot differently tonight. Much more defensive and selective with his shots. Usually he's more of a grinding, always moving forward type of fighter. Canelo's head movement tonight was phenomenal. Trout threw a **** ton of punches but had a terrible hit %.

KC native 04-20-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9608540)
Yep, He has to much power for Floyd to fight right now. Floyd may win, but he wont take that chance. Anyone thats a threat to give him a real challenge Floyd wont fight. He's stated it numberous times. It is what it is.

Cotto had the right plan to beat Floyd. If he were younger and still had his power, he could have won his fight against Mayweather.

Canelo can execute that same plan but has better head movement and power than Cotto at this point. There's no way in hell that Floyd sacrifices his 0 in the L column with a fight with Canelo. He's too vain and doesn't give a shit about the fans.