ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271051)

keg in kc 03-12-2013 03:48 PM

Could this end up being a more disappointing offseason than 2009?

I'm thinking purely personnel moves. The coaching staff has a better pedigree, even if Reid is basically the last guy I wanted here. But player-wise? What are we looking at here?

Now this is not really a "draft Geno/Barkely/whoever" thing, it's more of a "how ****ed are we as fans of this franchise?" commentary. About the circumstances we, as fans, find ourselves in. I mean, think about it: we get the number one pick and for whatever reason, whether it's the prospects at the position or the front office philosophy, we aren't taking a QB. We get a complete turnover of the front office and coaching staff that basically everyone wanted, and Matt Cassel will be shown the door, to everyone's joy....yet our new quarterback is Alex frikkin Smith. With Chase Daniel serving as his boy wonder.

Does it get worse than this? Seriously. You couldn't script this stuff. This is like the Bad News Bears and the Indians from Major League had a baby who decided to play football. "Change" comes every 5 years or so, but nothing ever seems to get any better.

The football gods continue laughing.

CoMoChief 03-12-2013 03:49 PM

waaaaaaaaa

Mr_Tomahawk 03-12-2013 03:50 PM

Yes.

farmerchief 03-12-2013 03:51 PM

No

burt 03-12-2013 03:51 PM

THE SKY IS FALLING......too late....it fell last year!

WhitiE 03-12-2013 03:51 PM

Maybe?

TomBarndtsTwin 03-12-2013 03:51 PM

Amen.

Tired of ending up with everyone else's cast-off as our next "franchise" quarterback.

The Franchise 03-12-2013 03:52 PM

Reid saw how everyone did it in the past and figured he'd do it differently. So he traded for a backup and then signed a backup.

Strongside 03-12-2013 03:52 PM

I'm feeling pretty good about this offseason. **** you guys.

Rausch 03-12-2013 03:52 PM

As someone posted earlier: we wen't from having the worst QB's in the AFCW to having the worst QB's in the AFCW.

And that's AFTER spending about $11 mil and a 2nd round draft pick...

RunKC 03-12-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9489738)
I'm thinking purely personnel moves. The coaching staff has a better pedigree, even if Reid is basically the last guy I wanted here. But player-wise? What are we looking at here?

Now this is not really a "draft Geno/Barkely/whoever" thing, it's more of a "how ****ed are we as fans of this franchise?" commentary. About the circumstances we, as fans, find ourselves in. I mean, think about it: we get the number one pick and for whatever reason, whether it's the prospects at the position or the front office philosophy, we aren't taking a QB. We get a complete turnover of the front office and coaching staff that basically everyone wanted, and Matt Cassel will be shown the door, to everyone's joy....yet our new quarterback is Alex frikkin Smith. With Chase Daniel serving as his boy wonder.

Does it get worse than this? Seriously. You couldn't script this stuff. This is like the Bad News Bears and the Indians from Major League had a baby who decided to play football. "Change" comes every 5 years or so, but nothing ever seems to get any better.

The football gods continue laughing.

Just like 2009, this draft ****ing sucks. Biggest difference is there is no Matt Stafford in this draft.

notorious 03-12-2013 03:52 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...3q45o1_500.gif

nychief 03-12-2013 03:53 PM

****ing reeruned

In58men 03-12-2013 03:53 PM

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Chase Daniel doesn't seem like our "Lenny Dawson"

patteeu 03-12-2013 03:54 PM

I don't see how it can, with the 1.1 and the first(ish) pick in every round except the 2nd still inbound. Even the people disappointed in the apparent QB direction should appreciate the re-signings and the attempts to shore up weak areas with solid but not spectacular FAs (given that the spectacular ones almost never live up to the hype). Get your "bright side" hat on and fill yourself with positive self-talk.