ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Saul Good 12-11-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200456)
Yeah I don't think we can afford to give away any of our MLB bats.

I really like our core of Cain, Gordon, Moustakas, Escobar, Hosmer, Perez and Butler. There are far worse lineups than that...in fact, if a few of those guys take a marginal step or two, that might even be considered an elite lineup.

We'd have an elite lineup, with an elite bullpen, and a decent rotation. Give us a couple of bounces and I don't see why we can't compete for the division.

We can't have an elite lineup with two gaping holes.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200458)
even with Frenchy and whoever plays 2nd batting 8th and 9th (though I'm sure Frenchy will hit 6th or 7th for some reason.

Escobar is great at 9th. Frenchy is probably best at 7th after Perez. This lets the 8th be 2B and 9th be Escobar or the CF is Escobar is better at the 2 spot. Either way Frenchy batting 7th prevents him from being too much of an intrical part of the offense. You don't rely too much on him to drive in runs but you also don't rely too much on him to start rallies.

Hootie 12-11-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9200467)
We can't have an elite lineup with two gaping holes.

I kind of just disagree...

There aren't a lot of lineups in baseball that don't have 1-2 weak spots.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I just think our core 7 can make up for 2 shitty players...especially if we can get some production out of those 2 shitty players (you never know I guess)

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200456)
Yeah I don't think we can afford to give away any of our MLB bats.

I really like our core of Cain, Gordon, Moustakas, Escobar, Hosmer, Perez and Butler. There are far worse lineups than that...in fact, if a few of those guys take a marginal step or two, that might even be considered an elite lineup.

We'd have an elite lineup, with an elite bullpen, and a decent rotation. Give us a couple of bounces and I don't see why we can't compete for the division.

While I applaud your spirits, an "elite" offense scores around 800+ runs over the course of the year.

You honestly think that lineup will score 800 runs? ESPECIALLY with it being anchored by Frenchy\Getz?

I think they have the potential to improve to maybe 720 runs... but 800 runs I don't see in their near future... Now maybe if we had a young stud RF'r hitting 35 HR's in the middle of our lineup... But where would we ever find such a commodity? :)

Hootie 12-11-2012 05:00 PM

didn't we have the 12th ranked offense last year? Or was that just in the AL? I don't know, I kind of lost interest after we started 3-50

Hootie 12-11-2012 05:02 PM

I can't see Hosmer not hitting at least .280 this year. I think Moustakas takes at least a marginal step forward. Gordon and Butler we can expect the same.

I really, really like Cain. I think he has great potential both offensively and defensively. If we got say .300 15/80 and 20 SB's out of him? (which is reasonable) and a healthy season? Added with a star in Perez?

I'm just saying...we could be borderline elite.

keg in kc 12-11-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9200481)
I think they have the potential to improve to maybe 720 runs... but 800 runs I don't see in their near future... Now maybe if we had a young stud RF'r hitting 35 HR's in the middle of our lineup... But where would we ever find such a commodity? :)

If you think Myers would've been hitting 35 HRs playing half his games at the K, I have a bridge and some beach front property to sell you.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 05:02 PM

My ideal lineup assuming Frenchy is playing:

Gordon
Cain
Hosmer
Butler
Moose
Perez
Frenchy
Getz (assuming he is 2B)
Escobar (when Dyson plays, put Escobar to 2nd and Dyson 9th)

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9200497)
If you think Myers would've been hitting 35 HRs playing half his games at the K, I have a bridge and some beach front property to sell you.

That was tongue in cheek.

The point was -> KC is no where near an "elite" offense.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200496)
I think Moustakas takes at least a marginal step forward.

Moose just needs to stretch his first half out to a full season and he will be really good. I think no more Seitzer is a win as well. I can't believe how much he screwed with guys' swings and approaches. That and hopefully the days of taking first pitch strikes right down the middle no matter the situation are over as well.

keg in kc 12-11-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9200503)
That was tongue in cheek.

The point was -> KC is no where near an "elite" offense.

I would say that depends largely on Hosmer and Moose. Not Frenchy and Getz.

Hootie 12-11-2012 05:07 PM

well take an offense in the AL central and tell me why they are better than KC's offense.

Detroit has two GREAT bats and a few pretty good ones...but they have holes, too.

The White Sox strike out way too often, but they have a pretty comparable offense...probably more power for less average.

We are better offensively than Cleveland and Minnesota.

Saul Good 12-11-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200488)
didn't we have the 12th ranked offense last year? Or was that just in the AL? I don't know, I kind of lost interest after we started 3-50

That was in the AL. Our hitting actually ranked behind our pitching.

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-11-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200496)
I can't see Hosmer not hitting at least .280 this year. I think Moustakas takes at least a marginal step forward. Gordon and Butler we can expect the same.

I really, really like Cain. I think he has great potential both offensively and defensively. If we got say .300 15/80 and 20 SB's out of him? (which is reasonable) and a healthy season? Added with a star in Perez?

I'm just saying...we could be borderline elite.

If Hosmer and Mous develop into consistent hitters at the ML level this season, we will improve to over 700 runs.

Expecting Cain to put up those numbers is complete and total homerism. The guy has all of 8 career HR's and 45 RBi's in 400+ AB's spread out over 3 seasons...

If he stays healthy, we're looking at about a .750 OPS guy that plays respectable defense.

Saul Good 12-11-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9200479)
I kind of just disagree...

There aren't a lot of lineups in baseball that don't have 1-2 weak spots.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I just think our core 7 can make up for 2 shitty players...especially if we can get some production out of those 2 shitty players (you never know I guess)

Everyone has weak spots. The Royals have Getz and Francouer.