ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-11-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201042)
If you have been paying attention I've been giving Royal fans major props for years. How many 100 loss seasons? How many hopeless seasons have you endured? Yet, you still go out to the K and support your team. Still have the passion. Any fan should admire that just from a fan perspective. Respect from a fan to another. No homo.

Yes I've noticed and it makes it hard to hate you like I'm supposed to. Just another example of Cardinals fans stealing all the fun lol.

SAUTO 12-11-2012 09:29 PM

On another note. Did anyone think greinke looked totally weird at his press conference, like he was freaking the **** out.
Posted via Mobile Device

KevB 12-11-2012 10:07 PM

So the Indians give up one year of Shin Soo-Choo and Tony Sipp and get back Trevor Bauer and Drew Stubbs? Damn. Stubbs isn't great, but he interesting with his athletic ability and defense. Bauer could be fronting their rotation within the next couple of years.

Mr. Laz 12-11-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9201042)
If you have been paying attention I've been giving Royal fans major props for years. How many 100 loss seasons? How many hopeless seasons have you endured? Yet, you still go out to the K and support your team. Still have the passion. Any fan should admire that just from a fan perspective. Respect from a fan to another. No homo.

come on, man.

you know it's at least a little homo.

o:-)

alnorth 12-11-2012 10:19 PM

In the spirit of "oh well, I guess our GM decided to go for it, so lets go for it. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky" This is a fun article. This guy did what I thought about doing last night, but was too lazy.

How the Royals can win the AL Central

I wont paste the whole article, but in the end he's 2 wins short and trying to figure out where to stick them:

Quote:

Now we need to find two more wins among the position players.

There are a number of ways to do this, such as adding 0.2 WAR to every regular (boring), taking a couple regulars and making them a bit better (also boring), making Francoeur into an almost-average player (meh) or hand all of that WAR to one player (fun!).

I like the last option, even though it’s a bit reckless.

I’m going to give those 2 WAR to Hosmer and make him a 3.3 for 2013.

Hosmer rated 26th in WAR among the 30 players with 300 at-bats who played at least half their games at first base last season. Bumping him to a 3.3 would jump him 20 spots, to the point of being viewed among the better first basemen in the game.

So, Royals fans, that’s what you’re looking at. Unrealistic? Probably.

But here’s the key point: No one said this was going to be easy.

CaliforniaChief 12-11-2012 10:27 PM

How about raising $100 million and replacing Jeff Francouer with Josh Hamilton?

And then sending Hochevar, a couple of prospects, and a few million dollars for R.A. Dickey and a contract extension?

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 10:59 PM

Good lord, the Diamondbacks are just giving talent away. They must have REALLY soured on Trevor Bauer to move him for that package.

So far this offseason, they've traded Chris Young and Trevor Bauer in an attempt to find a shortstop and the best guy they ended up with is a no-slug guy with a career minor-league OPS under .700 (OK, so it's .699). OH, and he doesn't steal bases either. Didi Gregorius

I realize Young has warts, but he's still a strong defender in CF who is consistently 20/20 when healthy - and who looked like he was figuring it out before he got hurt last season.

And Bauer - despite his quirkiness and MLB struggles - was still dominant in his first run through the minors. Much more so than Danny Hultzen, and nearly as much as Dylan Bundy (probably better, comparing their higher minors numbers).

Makes me wonder what they would have offered up for Christian Colon. Towers has long been a fan of his, as have other guys in that front office. Colon hasn't been overwhelming in the minors so far, but his offensive profile is much better than Gregorius, though he doesn't project as well defensively at SS.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201423)
Good lord, the Diamondbacks are just giving talent away. They must have REALLY soured on Trevor Bauer to move him for that package.

So far this offseason, they've traded Chris Young and Trevor Bauer in an attempt to find a shortstop and the best guy they ended up with is a no-slug guy with a career minor-league OPS under .700 (OK, so it's .699). OH, and he doesn't steal bases either. Didi Gregorius

I realize Young has warts, but he's still a strong defender in CF who is consistently 20/20 when healthy - and who looked like he was figuring it out before he got hurt last season.

And Bauer - despite his quirkiness and MLB struggles - was still dominant in his first run through the minors. Much more so than Danny Hultzen, and nearly as much as Dylan Bundy (probably better, comparing their higher minors numbers).

Makes me wonder what they would have offered up for Christian Colon. Towers has long been a fan of his, as have other guys in that front office. Colon hasn't been overwhelming in the minors so far, but his offensive profile is much better than Gregorius, though he doesn't project as well defensively at SS.

It would be great if they could put a package together to get Justin Upton and put him in RF.

duncan_idaho 12-11-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9201434)
It would be great if they could put a package together to get Justin Upton and put him in RF.

They won't move Upton now, they say. Sitting tight with him.

Makes you wonder if a package of Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery, Colon and Orlando Calixte might have been enough to pry Upton and Bauer from Arizona, doesn't it? COnsidering they basically gave Bauer away.

mr. tegu 12-11-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201442)

Makes you wonder if a package of Myers, Odorizzi, Montgomery, Colon and Orlando Calixte might have been enough to pry Upton and Bauer from Arizona, doesn't it? COnsidering they basically gave Bauer away.

Yes it does make me wonder!

Nightfyre 12-11-2012 11:18 PM

The more I think about the Royal's transactions, the more I begin to think that this is about creating a winning environment for the youngsters. The fact is that they need to have hope going into the season that they can contend. I mean, you could see the pressure that losing was creating on the younger guys last year.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9201442)

The Royals still have a lot in the cupboard and if the D'Backs are looking to dump payroll they may take on Francoeur and/or Hochevar because their contracts would come off the books after the season.

I understand this is pipe dream, but it's fun to speculate.

CaliforniaChief 12-11-2012 11:21 PM

I'll say this. The players seem more excited than I've ever seen on social media/through the news.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9201458)
The more I think about the Royal's transactions, the more I begin to think that this is about creating a winning environment for the youngsters. The fact is that they need to have hope going into the season that they can contend. I mean, you could see the pressure that losing was creating on the younger guys last year.

That is the one aspect that the Sabre stats guys can't measure. The human factor of feeling like you are playing for a team that is trying to win and not playing behind a SP that couldn't start on most other teams.

stevenidol 12-11-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9201463)
I'll say this. The players seem more excited than I've ever seen on social media/through the news.

David Price was royally pissed too.