ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyson Jackson goes from underachiever to newfound force (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267451)

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9187752)
I like the PFF stuff, but I'll point out that if Jackson isn't playing in passing situations where he knows it's a rush situation, it seems to me that his rushing rating will be lower.

Put another way, who's going to have a better pass rush rating?

Player A - plays mostly on rushing downs and has to read a pass play on the fly.

Player B - plays mostly on passing downs and rushes the passer unless he reads a run on the fly.

My hope is that playing Jackson on passing downs will give him more opportunities to pin his ears back and actually rush, thereby improving his pass rush effectiveness (and PFF scores).

He's never been a good pass rusher, even at LSU. He doesn't have the speed for it. If he was in a 4-3 as a DE he'd be lucky to have 5 sacks a year.

Cheater5 12-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187707)
It's accurate, you dumbshit. Take a look. The only reason Jackson gets this sack is because Cam is flushed his way.

http://i.imgur.com/o1UJZ.gif

It's nothing special at all. Any slapdick off the street can get a sack this way.

Huh. Pituitoa actually looks like he gets good pressure up the middle - if anyone on the DL deserves credit on this play it's him.

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9187771)
It didn't really seem like there was a dropoff when Ropati came in.

Dorsey just didn't make much of an impact. He was just a guy. But was used in the wrong system. I still think if he went to a 4-3 team he would be a solid player. I hope he does.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9187777)
Huh. Pituitoa actually looks like he gets good pressure up the middle - if anyone on the DL deserves credit on this play it's him.

That play is 90 percent Rapetitty and Siler and 10 percent Jackson.

It's ****ing bullshit anyone is praising Jackson in the media these last two weeks.

Thank CHRIST I don't have to listen to anyone say anything good about Scott Pioli or Tyson Jackson after four more games. :facepalm:

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:21 PM

I agree with Clay. I can't wait for the off-season. I've seriously never been so excited for a year to end.

Rausch 12-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9187787)
I agree with Clay. I can't wait for the off-season. I've seriously never been so excited for a year to end.

ONLY if PIOLI is gone...

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9187787)

excited... or thankful?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9187789)
excited... or thankful?

Both.

This offseason is gonna be FUN.

Hootie 12-07-2012 12:25 PM

I was going to say...both of his "sacks" were coverage sacks where the QB ran right into him...

whooopdeedoo

Poe actually gets legit push and pressure. He's our only DL worth a shit and he still sucks asshole if you ask me.

mcaj22 12-07-2012 12:29 PM

the problem with that is Ratboy Pissitua and Dontari Poe are essentially taking on FOUR BLOCKERS in that .gif. Three oline and the blocking HB comes up to help. 4 on 2. So Tyson Jackson is left alone to BEAT ONE ****ING GUY 1 on 1 and he cant even do that.

Thats where you GOT TO make a play. if you are left 1 on 1 like that, you got to have some sort of push, pass rush, anything. That's the difference between a good and bad d-line right there.

Essentially other good teams have that, when Justin Smith gets doubled, Ray McDonald can usually beat his guy 1 on 1 on the other side, JJ Watt doubled, Antonio Smith gets a good 1 on 1 push, Haolit Ngata gets doubled either Arthur Jones or Pharnell McPhee have a 1 on 1 chance.... etc. Watch any other 34 d-line.

bricks 12-07-2012 12:32 PM

This article should be talking about Poe.

Poe has been making progress throughout the year IMO.

Rasputin 12-07-2012 12:36 PM

He loves us, we don't love him. Is that an example of ironic?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9187801)
This article should be talking about Poe.

Poe has been making progress throughout the year IMO.

Poe needs to get some bullshit sacks.

THEN the KC media will blow him.

notorious 12-07-2012 12:40 PM

"Newfound Force"

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 12-07-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187791)

This offseason is gonna be FUN.

Only if Pioli is gone.