ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Daboll installing the 2010 Browns Offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259775)

stonedstooge 05-22-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 8631654)
I'd love some quality analysis, and I know there are some nerds on here who would love to provide it.

Design-wise, is it a quality scheme?

Does anyone here know enough about the '10 Browns offense to give us a run down of its design? (i/e: run to pass ratio, types of runs, types of passes, placement of passes). How were the majority of their touchdowns scored? What types of plays got the most first downs? What types of plays produced the largest gains? On average, what type of play did they do on 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs? How often did they go for it on 4th?

What will each position's role be, and how important is it in this scheme?

Obviously stats from that season won't really be indicative of how we will perform, considering the talent levels are vastly different. But it would be neat to see some analysis so we can forecast how our offense will look, and who will perform and how.

Oh, and Cassel sucks.

Here you go. "FUMBLE ON THE PLAY!!!"

suds79 05-22-2012 09:54 AM

Isn't that to be expected? The guy, just like every other coach, is going to carry over his system wherever he goes.

Just depends if you have the players.

sedated 05-22-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

I'd love some quality analysis, and I know there are some nerds on here who would love to provide it.

I could be wrong (likely), but i thought it was supposed to be a west coast style offense, lots of short passes. I remember hearing that when they were first talking about starting Colt McCoy in his rookie year.

Coogs 05-22-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Design-wise, is it a quality scheme?

Does anyone here know enough about the '10 Browns offense to give us a run down of its design? (i/e: run to pass ratio, types of runs, types of passes, placement of passes). How were the majority of their touchdowns scored? What types of plays got the most first downs? What types of plays produced the largest gains? On average, what type of play did they do on 1st, 2nd, 3rd downs? How often did they go for it on 4th?

What will each position's role be, and how important is it in this scheme?

Obviously stats from that season won't really be indicative of how we will perform, considering the talent levels are vastly different. But it would be neat to see some analysis so we can forecast how our offense will look, and who will perform and how.

Oh, and Cassel sucks.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311106012

Here is what he did to us last year. His TE's killed us (sounds familiar).

Quesadilla Joe 05-22-2012 10:04 AM

First Romeo. Now Daboll. The Brownsification of the Chiefs continues.

Chiefnj2 05-22-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8631680)
I could be wrong (likely), but i thought it was supposed to be a west coast style offense, lots of short passes. I remember hearing that when they were first talking about starting Colt McCoy in his rookie year.

IIRC McCoy wasn't supposed to go near the field his first year. It was injuries to the #1 and #2 that forced him into the lineup.

Quesadilla Joe 05-22-2012 10:06 AM

As a Chiefs fan, I'm excited about the new direction our team is headed. We tried to model ourselves after the Patriots and fell a bit short, I think trying to model ourselves after the Browns is a goal that we can realistically attain.

King_Chief_Fan 05-22-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8631698)
First Romeo. Now Daboll. The Brownsification of the Chiefs continues.

i remember the donks failing with that a few years ago...The Denver Browncos were famous

nychief 05-22-2012 10:13 AM

well he is installing his offense - and he did work for cleveland in 2010 - is this news? Perhaps he is installing the 2004 Patriots offense? Or the 2011 dolphins offense.. and so on and so on... He is installing his offense. He was hired to do so.

RealSNR 05-22-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8631703)
As a Chiefs fan, I'm excited about the new direction our team is headed. We tried to model ourselves after the Patriots and fell a bit short, I think trying to model ourselves after the Browns is a goal that we can realistically attain.

We sucked less at modeling ourselves after the Patriots than you guys did.

Quesadilla Joe 05-22-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8631715)
i remember the donks failing with that a few years ago...The Denver Browncos were famous

The Browncos made it to the AFCCG with that DL.

Chiefnj2 05-22-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 8631720)
well he is installing his offense - and he did work for cleveland in 2010 - is this news? Perhaps he is installing the 2004 Patriots offense? Or the 2011 dolphins offense.. and so on and so on... He is installing his offense. He was hired to do so.

Installing his own offense is a little different than a player saying he knows the playbook because it is the same one from 2 years ago, no?

BigMeatballDave 05-22-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8631728)
Installing his own offense is a little different than a player saying he knows the playbook because it is the same one from 2 years ago, no?

What does this even mean?

Quesadilla Joe 05-22-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8631724)
We sucked less at modeling ourselves after the Patriots than you guys did.

A HC is fairly easy to get rid of. Getting rid of your GM is kind of tricky.

nychief 05-22-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8631728)

How? They are in the OTAs - so they are learning basic vanilla schemes of this offense- makes sense they would be the same. I mean the guy isn't reinventing the wheel on May 22nd...

I find the hand wringing silly...