ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Zack Snyder to direct next Superman film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234627)

irishjayhawk 10-05-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 7064020)
Batman Begins > The Dark Knight - (wash) - Watchmen >>>>>>> 300

FYP

Reaper16 10-05-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7063892)
Doesn't bother me a bit that you like it, and by all means watch it to your heart's content. :thumb:

I just wasn't sure why he was trying to get into a dick-measuring contest over how many times he's seen watchmen... :shrug:

I've seen Dark Knight 4 times!
Yeah, well, I've seen Watchmen 327.6 times!!eleven

Okay dude, whatever makes you happy. LMAO

Jesus. Is that what you think that post was? :shake: You talked about how many times you rewatched certain tangentially related movies and never rewatched Watchmen; I found it funny that I, compared to you, had rewatched Watchmen many times. All that post does is point out a humorous difference between our likes and dislikes.

007 10-05-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7064168)
FYP

Actually, that is even closer to how I feel about the last two films.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 7064063)
. There's a reason why Singer's vision wasn't well recieved.

He tried to be different, but ended up with a downbeat depressing Supes. Nobody wants to see that. Plus, he didnt have enough action IMO.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-05-2010 07:32 PM

Cassel > Watchmen

irishjayhawk 10-05-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7064482)
He tried to be different, but ended up with a downbeat depressing Supes. Nobody wants to see that. Plus, he didnt have enough action IMO.

Personally, the only misstep Singer had in his rendition was the Superman-has-a-kid story arc. Lameola.

Silock 10-05-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7062854)
Ask yourself how a complete psychopath who kills off his own men with reckless abandon would be able to accomplish the complex things he pulls off with absolute, perfect precision? I mean, you never see him planning anything - it all just happens. How? It didn't make any sense at all.

I don't need to see the planning. I didn't expect the movie to be the A-Team :)

Silock 10-05-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7062878)
No, just a typo. Again, **** that movie. And I hate it just a little bit more every time somebody attempts to convince me how wonderful and visionary it is.

I don't think it was wonderful or visionary. It was just a great take on the Batman universe. Made for a damn good superhero flick.

irishjayhawk 10-05-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7064697)
I don't need to see the planning. I didn't expect the movie to be the A-Team :)

Well, I'll phrase it differently than frazod.

My problem has been that the whole movie tells you that the Joker is, in fact, anarchy. He is the king of it. He just "does". Just goes with the flow.

Yet, if you look at the anarchy he creates, it's all expertly planned and executed. If it's planned, it isn't anarchy.

keg in kc 10-05-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7064254)
Jesus. Is that what you think that post was? :shake: You talked about how many times you rewatched certain tangentially related movies and never rewatched Watchmen; I found it funny that I, compared to you, had rewatched Watchmen many times. All that post does is point out a humorous difference between our likes and dislikes.

Right.

Reaper16 10-05-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7064730)
Right.

Tell me what the tone of this post is.

KcMizzou 10-05-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7064254)

Honestly, that's how I saw it. :shrug:

keg in kc 10-05-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7064732)
Tell me what the tone of this post is.

I left it intentionally vague because I'm bored to death at work. LMAO

Curses. Foiled again.

Silock 10-05-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7064701)
Well, I'll phrase it differently than frazod.

My problem has been that the whole movie tells you that the Joker is, in fact, anarchy. He is the king of it. He just "does". Just goes with the flow.

Yet, if you look at the anarchy he creates, it's all expertly planned and executed. If it's planned, it isn't anarchy.

I look at it as planned in order to create anarchy. But even still, there is anarchy within the plan.

Plus . . . it's a movie. I'm not sitting there breaking down Dr. Manhattan because it's not a feasible scenario.

Taco John 10-06-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7062793)
I don't like it. Snyder is all style over substance.

Sure, but Nolan isn't. Which is why it's the perfect pairing for Superman.