ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

Zebedee DuBois 09-19-2011 07:35 PM

This season is about the Fring Man. The Zen Master of Meth Distribution. His ritualistic folding of the jacket and placement of the folded towel for knee support while ralphing out the poison was classic.
Jesse just earned major points with Mike and Gus, although I don't know that points are worth much loyalty in that business.
The whole Skyler story line is weak. It's like they told the junior ( no, freshman) writers to throw something together to remind the viewers that these characters exist.

Thig Lyfe 09-20-2011 01:21 PM

To all you morons who were complaining about this season being too slow or whatever bullshit, THIS is why the slow burn approach works. This episode was an insanely satisfying payoff, and the next three episodes will almost certainly be just as explosive.

OnTheWarpath15 09-21-2011 01:16 PM

Finally got a chance to watch Sunday's episode.

Holy ****.

Question: Why did Gus go to the bathroom to puke? I was under the impression the pill he took by the pool was to counteract the ricin they put in the tequila.

Thig Lyfe 09-21-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7930331)
Finally got a chance to watch Sunday's episode.

Holy ****.

Question: Why did Gus go to the bathroom to puke? I was under the impression the pill he took by the pool was to counteract the ricin they put in the tequila.

They didn't put ricin in the tequila. Ricin takes a couple days to kill. That's the whole point of using ricin: to avoid suspicion. Whatever poison they gave Don Eladio & Co. was fast-acting and killed in a somewhat spectacular fashion. The pills Gus took were probably activated charcoal pills to absorb most of the poison. He puked in order to get all that shit out of his system.

OnTheWarpath15 09-21-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SportsRacer (Post 7930350)
They didn't put ricin in the tequila. Ricin takes a couple days to kill. That's the whole point of using ricin: to avoid suspicion. Whatever poison they gave Don Eladio & Co. was fast-acting and killed in a somewhat spectacular fashion. The pills Gus took were probably activated charcoal pills to absorb most of the poison. He puked in order to get all that shit out of his system.

Ah, gotcha.

Just assumed, forgot that in a past episode they said ricin was a delayed killer.

Bump 09-21-2011 01:34 PM

I just started watching this series, they put it on netflix instant watch and I'm starting to get into it.

rocknrolla 09-21-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 7930427)
I just started watching this series, they put it on netflix instant watch and I'm starting to get into it.

You won't be sorry. It's the best show EVER put on television!

blaise 09-21-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7930431)
You won't be sorry. It's the best show EVER put on television!

The Wire is #1, I think. But Breaking Bad is great.

Reaper16 09-21-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7930561)

Quoted for truth.

rocknrolla 09-21-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7930561)

I will watch the Wire. Thanks for the recommendation. How many seasons are there?

Baby Lee 09-21-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7930816)
I will watch the Wire. Thanks for the recommendation. How many seasons are there?

5, each season is pretty much a self-contained story. So try to watch at least each single season in a relatively compact time frame.

But there are aspects that remain throughout the series.

It is very much a serialized show.

Silock 09-21-2011 04:30 PM

Breaking Bad is better to me than the Wire. Heresy, I know.

Buck 09-21-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7930944)

This.

All depends on how it ends, I suppose.

Reaper16 09-21-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 7930944)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7930957)
This.

All depends on how it ends, I suppose.

Idiots.

keg in kc 09-21-2011 05:52 PM

I think Breaking Bad's going to end more strongly. While the quality never dropped, The Wire started to lose me a little when it got deeper and deeper into Baltimore politics. Although the more Skyler and Ted I'm forced to suffer through, the more my opinion will change.

You know, it's getting close to time for a Wire re-watch.