ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The official Eric Fisher thread take 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285385)

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2014 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10837123)
It's insane to draft a player with the first pick at LT when you already have a LT.

I don't necessarily disagree with this.

However, it all boiled down to them not wanting to pay Albert. Drafting one was cheaper and there are other players they wanted to extend.

New World Order 08-21-2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10837130)

However, it all boiled down to them not wanting to pay Albert. Drafting one was cheaper and there are other players they wanted to extend.

Ah yes! Idiot John Dorsey had to make sure Daniel, Fasano, Succop (I know that wasn't Dorsey's contract), Sean Smith and Colquitt receive their pay days.

Wasteful spending. It's as if Obama is the Chiefs GM.

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2014 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10837132)
Ah yes! Idiot John Dorsey had to make sure Daniel, Fasano, Succop (I know that wasn't Dorsey's contract), Sean Smith and Colquitt receive their pay days.

Wasteful spending. It's as if Obama is the Chiefs GM.

I was actually referring to guys like Bowe, Berry, Houston, Charles, and A . Smith.

htismaqe 08-21-2014 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10837130)

I can understand not wanting to devote $10M or more of the cap to Albert.

But I can't see how people wouldn't still prefer that to dedicating $5M of the cap this year, $6M next year, and $7M the year after to a guy that might not even be able to play the position.

We're not saving that much money and the comparison between the two on the field just doesn't even exist.

BigMeatballDave 08-21-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10837247)

But I can't see how people wouldn't still prefer that to dedicating $5M of the cap this year, $6M next year, and $7M the year after to a guy that might not even be able to play the position.

We're not saving that much money and the comparison between the two on the field just doesn't even exist.

As of now, it look like a mistake because Fisher looks like smashed assholes.

I don't hate Fisher as much as most, but that pussy needs to grow a pair.

htismaqe 08-21-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 10837253)
As of now, it look like a mistake because Fisher looks like smashed assholes.

I don't hate Fisher as much as most, but that pussy needs to grow a pair.

I don't hate Fisher, actually.

I'm just not a fan of pick a lineman #1 overall. That's my personal preference.

I was on record here long before the draft that I would much prefer Fisher to Joeckel and I still do. I think he's got tremendous upside.

He's just got to prove it.

FringeNC 08-21-2014 09:14 AM

The Chiefs simply have bad luck. We get to draft early when there is no elite talent. Indy, on the hand...

chiefzilla1501 08-21-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10837247)

I can't think of any way to justify the pick. Even if he plays well. I don't think this was as much about cost savings as much as it was Dorsey picking who he thought was top of the board.

It was a bad pick but Once the pick was made, there was no reason to keep Albert around. I'm just surprised at how many people actually think we should have kept Albert once the Fisher pick was made.

jd1020 08-21-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10837419)
The Chiefs simply have bad luck. We get to draft early when there is no elite talent. Indy, on the hand...

Getting the #1 pick in a draft with no elite talent sounds like a brilliant opportunity to spend that pick on a player to replace a current non-issue on the team.

ThaVirus 08-21-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10836050)
Alex should have released the ball sooner.

A QB who holds the ball too long and a LT who can't block are a bad combo.

That was a shit ass throw. I remember Avery being wide the **** open. There's no way he wasn't open prior to the time that ball came out.

Alex made a bad/late throw and Fisher got abused.

jd1020 08-21-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10837517)
That was a shit ass throw. I remember Avery being wide the **** open. There's no way he wasn't open prior to the time that ball came out.

Alex made a bad/late throw and Fisher got abused.

He was going through his reads. The dump off was covered.

ThaVirus 08-21-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10837522)
He was going through his reads. The dump off was covered.

Heh.

You jest, but I was expecting ViperVisor or Temper11 to come in here and make that argument.

"He was going through his progressions!"

I don't give two shits. A WR streaking across the middle of the ****ing field should be seen.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-21-2014 10:15 AM

Good god Fissure is shit. No redemption foreseeable.

TEX 08-21-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10837103)
If that had been Geno, you couldn't of got on your knees fast enough to talk about the courage, and absolute awesomeness it took to stand in there, stare down the barrel of the gun, and hit the open man.

but because its alex smith, WHAT A PLAY BOWE.

this is why I just cant take you serious. I am not sure you have had an honest moment on this forum.

id love to sit down, have a couple beers with clay, just to see how full of reerun you actually are.

im sure deep down you are a swell person.

I would like to believe that.

This.
Thats his game. It has been for years. He likes being like sand in a vagina...

TEX 08-21-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10837509)
I can't think of any way to justify the pick. Even if he plays well. I don't think this was as much about cost savings as much as it was Dorsey picking who he thought was top of the board.

It was a bad pick but Once the pick was made, there was no reason to keep Albert around. I'm just surprised at how many people actually think we should have kept Albert once the Fisher pick was made.

Yep. The time for that was before the pick was made...