ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266587)

gblowfish 11-13-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9115763)
Enough about the dancing!!! If that was the game winner would you care? Why it gotta be a "Soul Train Line" dance? Like I said, there are racial overtones in these statements. They made a play and were excited, so ****in what?

If you don't get how stupid this is, then its no use trying to explain it to you. I'd call it a Baptist Dance Party, but Baptists have no rhythm. Does that make you feel any better???

ARROW2 11-13-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9115768)
If you don't get how stupid this is, then its no use trying to explain it to you. I'd call it a Baptist Dance Party, but Baptists have no rhythm. Does that make you feel any better???

No but ya girl makes me feel good when giving me brain. It's stupid focusing on an end zone celebration.......

whoman69 11-13-2012 02:28 PM

Interesting take on Poe as a short yardage back.

I don't think RAC will be replaced. The only coach on the team that could take over would be Emmitt Thomas. The would leave the defensive coaches stretched pretty tightly.

Tonight they stopped the turnovers but replaced them with stupid penalties. The celebration penalty is just a no brainer.

I thought Gruden had a pretty good take on the Chiefs talent and lack their of.

mcaj22 11-13-2012 03:11 PM

i dont think there is anything wrong with Berry

the problems with Berry are what are around him....

1) recovering from injury, but you cant blame it all on a bad knee and give him a pass and think next year he will get it. he is fine right now

2) lack of talent around him: He literally has Brandon Flowers to his left and THATS IT in coverage. Kendrick Lewis is ****ing terrible, Abe Elam, Travis Daniels, Jalil Brown, Javier Arenas and then NO LBer that can cover the middle to save their lives. Eric Berry gets lost a lot in coverage because of so many blown assignments by these other guys. TEs come over the middle, or release on a out or post, HB delay and release for checkdowns are always wide open.

3) Scheme and Coaching: The coaches are shit and the scheme is awful. He would be better in a 43 or attacking 34. Or a cover 2 where he is playing a Mark Barron role. The guy plays some wannabe Charles Woodson falcon role and he is awful at it. Its only his 2nd year in the league pretty much and this crappy coaching staff thinks hes a 13 year veteran and expect the world from him. They think he's Ed Reed, and hes clearly not. And hes doing way too much with way too little around him

Sorter 11-13-2012 03:13 PM

Berry has never been that fantastic in man coverage.

He has flashes but you can't expect him to lock people down by himself.

mcaj22 11-13-2012 03:15 PM

and thats the problem. they think hes charles woodson and can make reads to lock on man with whatever is floating free

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9115932)

I don't know sorter. He did pretty damn good against Sproyles in New Orleans. He gave up like one catch at the beginning of the game and was one on one with him all day. He did struggle against Gates but he wasn't completely healthy imo. I think he will get better in man coverage as time goes on. He plays in man coverage quite a bit. What is weird is that he seems to fair better against RBs and WRs than he does against TEs.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9115763)
Enough about the dancing!!! If that was the game winner would you care? Why it gotta be a "Soul Train Line" dance? Like I said, there are racial overtones in these statements. They made a play and were excited, so ****in what?

:shake:

you're kidding, right??

Hammock Parties 11-13-2012 04:06 PM

We had 15 yards on 12 plays during a stretch in the second half. 4 possessions.

Casshole will never change.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 9115773)
No but ya girl makes me feel good when giving me brain. It's stupid focusing on an end zone celebration.......

WTF is THIS shit!!??

neg rep.

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9115932)

He's not even close to 100% out there - you'd think his coaches would realize this...

rabblerouser 11-13-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9115925)
i dont think there is anything wrong with Berry

the problems with Berry are what are around him....

1) recovering from injury, but you cant blame it all on a bad knee and give him a pass and think next year he will get it. he is fine right now

2) lack of talent around him: He literally has Brandon Flowers to his left and THATS IT in coverage. Kendrick Lewis is ****ing terrible, Abe Elam, Travis Daniels, Jalil Brown, Javier Arenas and then NO LBer that can cover the middle to save their lives. Eric Berry gets lost a lot in coverage because of so many blown assignments by these other guys. TEs come over the middle, or release on a out or post, HB delay and release for checkdowns are always wide open.

3) Scheme and Coaching: The coaches are shit and the scheme is awful. He would be better in a 43 or attacking 34. Or a cover 2 where he is playing a Mark Barron role. The guy plays some wannabe Charles Woodson falcon role and he is awful at it. Its only his 2nd year in the league pretty much and this crappy coaching staff thinks hes a 13 year veteran and expect the world from him. They think he's Ed Reed, and hes clearly not. And hes doing way too much with way too little around him

^ this

Phobia 11-13-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9115695)
I don't what to say about Moeaki.

I thought Moeaki had his best game of the season yesterday.

scho63 11-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9115517)
Ten Things About Last Night's Game

10. Well, look on the bright side. It wasn't a blowout. Still winless at home, but playing better on the road. So hooray for moral victories, I suppose.
It is sad that this is our only salvation out of the Chiefs these days; moral victories and no home field advantage at all.

9. Giving up 13 in regulation ought to be enough to win, and would have been, had two KC TD's not been called back. Succop misses a 33 yard field goal. The defense played as good a game as they did in Arrowhead against Baltimore.I think the reason the game was so close was a combination of KC's defense playing very well, and Pittsburgh's offense playing poorly.
Succop is starting to scare me a bit and he seems a little less reliable each week. In addition, there really was only one TD called back on the hold. The defensive TD was easily an incomplete pass and not even close IMHO.

8. Second half, Chiefs get five penalties for 71 yards, including the monumentally stupid "End Zone Soul-Train Dance Party." When Bowe wasn't dropping passes, he was taunting the Steelers and pointing at his back. Where do these guys with a 1-8 record, get off taunting ANYBODY over ANYTHING? It was clueless, and extremely Raiders-eque. Especially getting a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for group celebration on a TD that wasn't. The penalty sustained the drive for Pittsburgh. So not only do you not get a TD, you give up a first down on a monumentally STUPID penalty.
Couldn't agree with you more on this. That 15 yard penalty was a HUGE momentum killer and just about as dumb as they come. Romeo should fine all the guys who participated $10,000.

7. Charles had 100 yard on 23 carries. Hillis looks like a white, slower, less illusive Thomas Jones.
Hillis should not be here next year-period.

6. We saw good Bowe and bad Bowe.He only caught four of the nine passes thrown his way. Baldwin pisses himself when given a chance.
Bowe can't help himself, he just is not an elite receiver IMHO. He either "thrills ya or kills ya" as Herm Edwards once said about Tyler Thigpen. Baldwin is turning into another Pioli bust and looks to be hurt. Probably out for a while.

5. The refs did us no favors, but were not the reason we lost. They sure didn't help.
I didn't feel they were too egregious except Moeaki's push off PI was a cheap call.

4. That's why Casshole is Casshole, and that's why the fans hate him.
Don't want to waste anymore time on this chump other than to say "DITTO"

3. Why was Steve Breaston inactive? I just don't get it.
They way they juggle the lineup is indeed strange and another reason I think Romeo and staff sucks.

2. Derrick Johnson played a great game with 13 tackles. Houston played well, Flowers played well, defense was tough. I'm very concerned with Berry's lack of coverage ability.
Agree, agree, agree, agree, and agree

1. At least we broke the 495 minute no lead streak.Will Kung Pao Panda survive the whole year? At this point, I say, why not? What's the difference? Nobody worth a crap is going to want to limp this spittoon full of failure juice to the finish line.
Taking the lead was anti-climatic and when it was 10-0, I thought we were on our way to blowing the #1 but alas it was Matty Cakes to the rescue. I don't want Romeo fired to the end of the year along with Pioli. Let a new GM pick the HC and draft our #1 QBOTF.

It was exceptionally odd last night trying to watch this game. I was like a bi-polar Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I want them to lose, I want them now to win, I want them to lose, I want them to win.....by the end of the night I didn't know who the hell I was rooting for anymore.

I guess that is what it's like as a Chiefs fan these days. :shrug:

Once again, kudos to Gblowfish but that is par for the course!

Phobia 11-13-2012 04:25 PM

I'm not conflicted at all. While they're playing, I hope and cheer for a win. When the thing is over, I return to reality.