ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

Pablo 03-14-2013 07:31 PM

Is this a CP team-building exercise?

When does the trust-fall fun start?

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499553)
COME ON GUYS GIVE HIM A CHANCE

LMAO

He's had what, 7 years of chances?

The last two with a championship roster around him?

And he's going to turn into Aaron Rodgers now that he's on a 2-14 team?

SAUTO 03-14-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9499560)
Enough to guide his team to five quarters in the NFC Champiomship game

My God. You sound exactly like I did in 2009. This is really freaking me out man.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish 03-14-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9499565)
If you think he's Matt Cassel, fine.

I've seen at least 15 of his games in the last two seasons and couldn't disagree more with that assessment.

Yea, I was stuk watching him in Fresno. I don't hold Smith in high regard. I just don't think he can get us a SB.

SAUTO 03-14-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499577)
LMAO

He's had what, 7 years of chances?

The last two with a championship roster around him?

And he's going to turn into Aaron Rodgers now that he's on a 2-14 team?

Seriously this feels like groundhog day 2009.

I don't care if we have been ****ed for years.

We went through shit last year.

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamInnerCircle (Post 9499583)
Yea, I was stuk watching him in Fresno. I don't hold Smith in high regard. I just don't think he can get us a SB.

I don't think he's a Super Bowl QB, either.

But he's not Matt Cassel, either,

Rasputin 03-14-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9499553)
COME ON GUYS GIVE HIM A CHANCE

Not sure if serious :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9499565)
If you think he's Matt Cassel, fine.

I've seen at least 15 of his games in the last two seasons and couldn't disagree more with that assessment.

I'd say he has better accuracy in the short/intermediate range, and won't completely shit his pants often, but otherwise, they are very similar.

They are both asked to do the same things, because they're not capable of doing things franchise QB's do.

The stats don't lie. Dink. Dunk. Checkdown. Live to fight another day, hoping your defense can carry you.

Dude had an elite defense and elite running game, and his numbers are no better than Cassel, who's had a shitty defense, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe.

-King- 03-14-2013 07:37 PM

Number of 300 yard passing games for Alex Smith: 3
Number of 300 yard passing games for Matt Cassel: 7

DaneMcCloud 03-14-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9499587)

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

Eh, Chiefs fans have gone through shit for 40 years.

Last year was just another link in the chain.

crispystl 03-14-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9498687)
Sorry, just can't get excited about a QB who's a game manager, and nothing else. Literally. He's MORE of a game manager than our last QB.

Dude, I'm no fan of Alex Smith AT ALL be he is not MORE of a game manager than Cassel lol

OnTheWarpath15 03-14-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9499587)

For this
Posted via Mobile Device

Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick, the 5th overall pick TWICE, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

DeezNutz 03-14-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499595)
I'd say he has better accuracy in the short/intermediate range, and won't completely shit his pants often, but otherwise, they are very similar.

They are both asked to do the same things, because they're not capable of doing things franchise QB's do.

The stats don't lie. Dink. Dunk. Checkdown. Live to fight another day, hoping your defense can carry you.

Dude had an elite defense and elite running game, and his numbers are no better than Cassel, who's had a shitty defense, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe.

Whatever positives he might have in terms of his skillset are mitigated by his fragility.

KurtCobain 03-14-2013 07:44 PM

You mean the fifth pick twice?

tk13 03-14-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9499611)
Not just last year.

In the last 6 years, we've had the 1st overall pick, the 3rd overall pick TWICE, the 5th overall pick, and the 11th overall pick.

One of those guys isn't even on the team anymore, another probably shouldn't be, one is likely about to be the first RT ever taken 1st overall in NFL history, one was unimpressive against insurance salesmen in college, and one might eventually become an impact player.

5 picks that should have been franchise-altering, and MAYBE one difference maker in the bunch.

Don't worry, we just need to lose for a few years to get some high draft picks and this thing will get turned around. [/2006 ChiefsPlanet]