ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2010-2011 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230992)

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:30 PM

**** OFFICIAL 2010-2011 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

Current Ranking #1 Seed Southwest
Current Record 35-3(17-2) 2011 Big 12 Regular Season and Tournament Champions

Congrats Hawks on making the Elite 8.

Spoiler!

Pants 07-22-2010 04:31 PM

Selby

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:32 PM

KU men’s basketball to play home-and-home with Ohio State starting in 2011
By Gary Bedore

Kansas University's men's basketball team will begin a two-year home-and-home series with Ohio State starting in the 2011-12 season, KU senior associate athletic director Larry Keating said Thursday.

The Buckeyes would play at KU in '11-12, with KU returning the game to Columbus, Ohio, the following season.

Keating said the signed contract hadn't been returned yet, but both schools had agreed to play. An OSU official told the Columbus Dispatch the series had been scheduled.

KU will be traveling to the Maui Invitational in 2011 and also will play at the University of Southern California. Keating said the Jayhawks likely would be looking for just one more marquee game that non-conference season, likely to be played in Allen Fieldhouse.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/j...me-ohio-state/

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6893397)
Selby

:clap:

WilliamTheIrish 07-22-2010 04:33 PM

God I'll be glad when you fuc`ks go the Pac 10 and the spam stops.

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 6893401)
God I'll be glad when you fuc`ks go the Pac 10 and the spam stops.

ROFL

Good one William.

Fritz88 07-22-2010 04:41 PM

Haters will hate..

Jayhawks will dominate..at least the well known foes..:D

Fritz88 07-22-2010 04:42 PM

oh yeah..and Selby

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 6893415)
Haters will hate..

Jayhawks will dominate..at least the well known foes..:D

Bill may figure it out one of these days on how to get the kids ready to play tough no names.

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 04:56 PM

KU target Nino Jackson in no rush to pick

By Gary Bedore

Nino Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound junior shooting guard from Ardmore (Okla.) High School who recently was offered a basketball scholarship by Kansas University coach Bill Self, says he likely will wait until after the 2010-11 season before selecting a school.

“I talked to my parents and stuff, and they want to wait,” Jackson said Wednesday night in a phone interview.

Of the KU offer, Jackson, a long-time KU fan, said: “I was really happy and surprised. KU is at the top of my list.”

He said he has received heavy interest lately from KU, Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas. The No. 38-ranked player in the Class of 2012 also has heard from Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon, Southern Methodist, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

H-O-R-S-E game publicized nationally: Sunflower Broadband Channel Six sports anchors Kevin Romary and Andrew Baker have received national publicity for their recent H-O-R-S-E contest with KU senior guard Brady Morningstar in KU’s practice facility.

“By far the best part of the video is Morningstar’s self-deprecating humor in reference to the missed free throw he took against Texas on national TV last season when the ball slipped out of his hands,” wrote Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports. “Morningstar emulates the shot during the game of H-O-R-S-E, and this time it goes in.”

“Good work by the 6News guys for producing a fun video. And good work from Morningstar for being such a good sport,” Eisenberg wrote.

The video also appeared on ESPN’s College Basketball Nation Blog and independent basketball blog Rush the Court.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/j...-no-rush-pick/

kstater 07-22-2010 04:57 PM

Good luck on advancing out of the first weekend this year.

ArrowheadHawk 07-22-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstater (Post 6893455)
Good luck on advancing out of the first weekend this year.

Thank you. And the same to KState.

BWillie 07-22-2010 05:06 PM

My name is BWillie007, and I approve this thread. Pretty sure we will go at least as far as we did in the tournament next year!

BWillie 07-22-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6893454)
KU target Nino Jackson in no rush to pick

By Gary Bedore

Nino Jackson, a 6-foot-2, 175-pound junior shooting guard from Ardmore (Okla.) High School who recently was offered a basketball scholarship by Kansas University coach Bill Self, says he likely will wait until after the 2010-11 season before selecting a school.

“I talked to my parents and stuff, and they want to wait,” Jackson said Wednesday night in a phone interview.

Of the KU offer, Jackson, a long-time KU fan, said: “I was really happy and surprised. KU is at the top of my list.”

He said he has received heavy interest lately from KU, Oklahoma, Baylor and Texas. The No. 38-ranked player in the Class of 2012 also has heard from Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon, Southern Methodist, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

H-O-R-S-E game publicized nationally: Sunflower Broadband Channel Six sports anchors Kevin Romary and Andrew Baker have received national publicity for their recent H-O-R-S-E contest with KU senior guard Brady Morningstar in KU’s practice facility.

“By far the best part of the video is Morningstar’s self-deprecating humor in reference to the missed free throw he took against Texas on national TV last season when the ball slipped out of his hands,” wrote Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo! Sports. “Morningstar emulates the shot during the game of H-O-R-S-E, and this time it goes in.”

“Good work by the 6News guys for producing a fun video. And good work from Morningstar for being such a good sport,” Eisenberg wrote.

The video also appeared on ESPN’s College Basketball Nation Blog and independent basketball blog Rush the Court.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/j...-no-rush-pick/

Most KU fans thought Jackson would instant commit when offered by KU. I'm a little disappointed by this. Still think he'll end up going to KU based on what I've read about him and how he grew up a Hawk. With him, Peters, and Ellis. I think all of those guys are AT LEAST 3 year players and are the perfect pieces for KU to maintain our long run of excellence. If we can mix in a couple Top 15 guys that would be perfect.

Fritz88 07-22-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6893462)
Thank you. And the same to KState.

That would make a historical two year run for them. I like. :D