ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel leaked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252986)

keg in kc 03-27-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8497040)
John Carter was my fun popcorn movie this spring and it turned out to be pretty good...

I was huge ERB fan as a kid...

I pushed for weeks and months that we should all go see it cause it's the only way we'll ever get non-twilight stuff in the theaters...

...and then didn't go see it. LMAO

That's so me.

DMAC 03-27-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8466184)
Cool viral vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gEO3lmVy-tU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And the full trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HHcHYisZFLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HOLY BALLS

htismaqe 03-27-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8497041)
I pushed for weeks and months that we should all go see it cause it's the only way we'll ever get non-twilight stuff in the theaters...

That's so me.

Lazy ass!

keg in kc 03-27-2012 06:10 PM

Cheap ass. And/or antisocial ass.

Rausch 03-27-2012 06:24 PM

This will truly be the summer of NERDGASM...

Deberg_1990 03-27-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8497041)

That's so me.

I did my part!

Its just not what is popular right now,. and thats ok.....i could care less about budgets and which films flop, whats popular like Hunger Games, etc......

htismaqe 03-28-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8497691)
I did my part!

Its just not what is popular right now,. and thats ok.....i could care less about budgets and which films flop, whats popular like Hunger Games, etc......

What is popular right now though? Seems to me that book adaptations are all the rage (I believe the Hunger Games was a book first, as was John Carter).

Speaking of the Hunger Games, I told my kids to get ready - we're not gonna SEE the movie, we're gonna LIVE the movie. :)

the Talking Can 03-28-2012 07:56 AM

stoked to see this

Deberg_1990 03-28-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8498369)
What is popular right now though?

Well, anything with a pre-sold built in audience awareness is HOT right now. Whether that be a book series, tv show, comic books, remakes or any other medium really. Mainstream hollywood loves to play it safe.

Also, anything with young female appeal in "genre" work especially hot. Young women in "genre" roles have long been overlooked until Twilight really.

John Carter had a pre-sold audience but the books were old, the marketing was botched, no stars and no young female appeal.

Frazod 03-28-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8498390)
John Carter had a pre-sold audience but the books were old, the marketing was botched, no stars and no young female appeal.

The name "John Carter" doesn't exactly jump up and grab you, either, if you've never heard of it before (which I hadn't). Doesn't make me think neat new sci-fi movie - it makes me think accountant who lives down the street.

Plus, there's a general conception that movies released this time of year suck - otherwise, they'd be released during the summer season or around Christmas.

htismaqe 03-28-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498419)
The name "John Carter" doesn't exactly jump up and grab you, either, if you've never heard of it before (which I hadn't). Doesn't make me think neat new sci-fi movie - it makes me think accountant who lives down the street.

Plus, there's a general conception that movies released this time of year suck - otherwise, they'd be released during the summer season or around Christmas.

Well the first book was released in 1912 and the last in 1943, so there's not an immediate, mainstream hook there...

Deberg_1990 03-28-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498419)

That used to be the case and still somewhat is (Studios hold back their best stuff for Summer and Christmas) but not as much anymore.

Look how huge Hunger Games was. Really the only times anymore that i can think of where BIG movies are not opening is early January, Late April and Early September.

Stryker 03-28-2012 10:38 AM

Want to see this one as well.

Huffmeister 03-28-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8498717)
That used to be the case and still somewhat is (Studios hold back their best stuff for Summer and Christmas) but not as much anymore.

Look how huge Hunger Games was. Really the only times anymore that i can think of where BIG movies are not opening is early January, Late April and Early September.

And this year it makes sense for Hunger Games to come out now, given how crowded the summer season will be. The Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, Prometheus, MIBIII, Spiderman, Total Recall, Expendables 2, etc. Hunger Games would have done ok, but wouldn't have had nearly the success if it had been lost among the crowd.

Hammock Parties 03-30-2012 11:18 AM

Here's a spoiler theory. No actual spoilers, just my theory on the plot based on the trailer.

Spoiler!