ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   GBN Report's Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269563)

Tribal Warfare 01-31-2013 11:02 PM

GBN Report's Mock Draft

GBN's Mock Draft

January 30, 2013

1)Luke Joeckel

34)Tyler Wilson

63) Quinton Patton

Fat Elvis 01-31-2013 11:20 PM

Any mock that has us taking Joekel with the #1 pick just needs to go to the shitty mock thread.

Fat Elvis 01-31-2013 11:22 PM

That said, Wilson and Patton would be ok.

RealSNR 01-31-2013 11:54 PM

I'm going to kill some babies right now. brb.

It's your fault, Tribal. Hope you're happy.

mnchiefsguy 02-01-2013 02:19 PM

I just do not see Wilson lasting until the second round.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-01-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9370595)
I just do not see Wilson lasting until the second round.

duncan_idaho 02-02-2013 01:02 AM

See, mocks like this wouldn't be bad...

If there was a chance in fucking hell that the second quarterback will still be on the board at No. 34.

Isn't. Going. To. Happen.

DTLB58 02-02-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9372009)
See, mocks like this wouldn't be bad...

If there was a chance in fucking hell that the second quarterback will still be on the board at No. 34.

Isn't. Going. To. Happen.

Exactly.

Nassib the 70th overall pick!?
They did see the results of the last two NFL drafts right? If NFL teams need a QB they take one, they don't wait around.

Coogs 02-03-2013 01:31 PM

Re-sign Albert and Bowe.

Using their positions...

1. Smith QB. Only off by 3 spots to Pilly at #4.

34. Ertz TE or Hopkins WR. Give Smith weapons.

63. Eddy Lacy RB. Charles and Lacy as a 1-2 combo behind our offensive line

95. (comp pick if it happens) Marquise Goodwin WR. Burner to stretch the field.

4th - 7th rounds for some defenders.

spanky 52 02-03-2013 01:57 PM

Intriguing picks Coogs. I like Ertz with the second, though we desperately need help at CB and S. Boss is a walking concussion. Lacy in the third would be good value. He doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and who do we have behind Charles? I'd take the best ILB with the comp pick if we get one. Maybe FA for CB and S. Another player that I like is Schwenke out of CAL. Lilja is gone, Hochstein is old and Patterson can't seem to stay healthy. I pray Smith wows everyone at the combine and his workouts.

Coogs 02-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanky 52 (Post 9374673)
Intriguing picks Coogs. I like Ertz with the second, though we desperately need help at CB and S. Boss is a walking concussion. Lacy in the third would be good value. He doesn't have a lot of mileage on him and who do we have behind Charles? I'd take the best ILB with the comp pick if we get one. Maybe FA for CB and S. Another player that I like is Schwenke out of CAL. Lilja is gone, Hochstein is old and Patterson can't seem to stay healthy. I pray Smith wows everyone at the combine and his workouts.

Pick at the top of the 4th is only going to be 2 or 3 picks behind our comp pick (if it does wind up being a 3rd).

The Franchise 02-04-2013 06:27 PM

Geno Smith, QB
Justin Hunter, WR
David Amerson, CB

Coogs 02-04-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9378535)
Geno Smith, QB
Justin Hunter, WR
David Amerson, CB

I know the defense needs a little help, but IMO we can't fix up everything in one draft. If it was me, I would do all I can to help Geno this season. Then next season shore up the defense. Again, that is just me.

RealSNR 02-04-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9378549)
I know the defense needs a little help, but IMO we can't fix up everything in one draft. If it was me, I would do all I can to help Geno this season. Then next season shore up the defense. Again, that is just me.

You're not putting your QB in a good position if you leave one entire side of the field covered by slapdicks. We want our new QB to initially feel comfortable, we don't want him pushing it too hard and trying to win all these shootouts.

If we re-sign Bowe, a legit starting CB in the 2nd round (which is absolutely available to us in this draft) is far more valuable than drafting another WR. Hell, even the TEs that would be available to us that high wouldn't be worth it.

Fat Elvis 02-04-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9374641)
Re-sign Albert and Bowe.

Using their positions...

1. Smith QB. Only off by 3 spots to Pilly at #4.

34. Ertz TE or Hopkins WR. Give Smith weapons.

63. Eddy Lacy RB. Charles and Lacy as a 1-2 combo behind our offensive line

95. (comp pick if it happens) Marquise Goodwin WR. Burner to stretch the field.

4th - 7th rounds for some defenders.

Re-sign Albert and Bowe. DRC will hit FA this year and is Andy's buddy so he is in the red and gold next year.

1) Geno Smith, QB; West Virginia

2) Terrance Williams, WR; Baylor--is a threat both short and deep. Led the nation in receiving yardage (even with RG3 gone)

3a) Kevin Reddick, ILB; North Carolina-- 85 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 6.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and six passes breakup this year

3b) Da'Rick Rogers, WR; Tennessee Tech-- likes to get high, Hali and Houston will love him; dynamic receiver who would otherwise be a first round talent if it weren't for bong hits--if we are getting a QB, lets get him awesome weapons, and lets face it, Baldwin didn't get it together

4) Tony Jefferson, S; Oklahoma--versatile safety that could work well with Berry

5) Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB; Western Kentucky--a bit undersized as a DE, but could play well as an aggressive OLB, 12.5 sacks and 18.5 tackles for loss; injury (ACL tear late in the year) has him dropping on the draft boards

6) Colby Cameron, QB; Louisiana Tech--need someone to backup Geno and this kid can toss the rock (he was actually more accurate than Geno this past year)

7a) Christine Michael, RB; Texas A&M--he's got a girl's name so he runs fast and angry.

7b) Joe Madsen, C; West Virginia-- decent center who is used to getting Geno the rock, nice backup to Hudson