ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

KS Smitty 10-01-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8969085)
Shit, maybe we can just go ahead and buy the team in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, thanks to Clark getting that last CBA agreed to, there will be no more publicly owned NFL teams.

Hammock Parties 10-01-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8968980)
Around 143,000

http://i.imgur.com/EgmM7.gif

pr_capone 10-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8969083)
Hey PR...

What will it say?

The banner?

WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL

Frazod 10-01-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8969085)
Shit, maybe we can just go ahead and buy the team in a few weeks.

We could certainly pool enough money if the price was based on their performance.

BossChief 10-01-2012 09:48 PM

Consistently compete for last place? (instead of consistently compete for championships)

Dayze 10-01-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8969100)

LMAO.

teedubya 10-01-2012 10:04 PM

PR has this been submitted to Reddit yet? If not, let's do it in the morning.

If so, what is the link? We should do it in text and have the link included... you can generate more comments and interest that way.

Sunday after the game might be a good time to submit something, as well... With the CP audience we should be able to get some upvotes.

hometeam 10-01-2012 10:04 PM

I believe it is on reddit, not sure where though. Ill find it and post it let see if we can upvote it to the top

hometeam 10-01-2012 10:05 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityCh...cassel_banner/

its on the chiefs reddit. Shuold go on the NFL reddit as well.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:05 PM

PMs sent to everyone who posted they wanted to donate.

It was suggested that I post *PAID* next to the user names on the OP but I'm not sure it is feasible. Unless people tag it on the donation, I'm not gonna have an idea who they are and I now have donations coming via reddit, fb, and twitter.

I will trust that people will abide by their word. If I come up short... I'll make up the diff.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8969137)
PR has this been submitted to Reddit yet? If not, let's do it in the morning.

If so, what is the link? We should do it in text and have the link included... you can generate more comments and interest that way.

Sunday after the game might be a good time to submit something, as well... With the CP audience we should be able to get some upvotes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityCh...cassel_banner/

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:07 PM

I already paid, goddammit! Put me on the list!

dmahurin 10-01-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8968784)
Just sent $10. Lets get this bird in the air.

My email is same as my username.

Dayze 10-01-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969149)
I already paid, goddammit! Put me on the list!

LMAO
I just set up my PP act for the first time. Apparently I have to confirm the small deposits they made. I'll check our acct tomorrow, and donate once my acct is done.

I want my gd name up there too. !
:D

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969149)
I already paid, goddammit! Put me on the list!

Done... sorry I missed you meng. I was doing this mostly at work between calls and on my break. I prolly missed some others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969164)
LMAO
I just set up my PP act for the first time. Apparently I have to confirm the small deposits they made. I'll check our acct tomorrow, and donate once my acct is done.

I want my gd name up there too. !
:D

It already is up there! :p

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:17 PM

Slightly changed the format. I have actual funds in paypal acct and I have a list of CP pledges.

If I missed your pledge on the OP, shoot me a PM please. I'm not out to hurt anyone's feelings. Well... anyone here anyway. :evil:

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:19 PM

You know, this is basically a ChiefsPlanet declaration of war. I wonder if Pioli will react to it?

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969186)
You know, this is basically a ChiefsPlanet declaration of war. I wonder if Pioli will react to it?

If there is at least double the amount that we have now, and if this hits the news like some have said, then I bet the Chiefs may come out w/ some kind of statement. Esp, if ESPN gets their hands on it LMAO


I'm all for the Nov.18th total Blackout game.

Dayze 10-01-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969175)
Done... sorry I missed you meng. I was doing this mostly at work between calls and on my break. I prolly missed some others.



It already is up there! :p

I want My gd name shown as paid....I have name to uphold. :D
:p

Gonzo 10-01-2012 10:24 PM

This is really damn awesome, Pr...
I'm goddamned proud of you, sir. Once this project is over, I'll be putting this thread into the HOC for sure. LMAO

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8969193)
If there is at least double the amount that we have now, and if this hits the news like some have said, then I bet the Chiefs may come out w/ some kind of statement. Esp, if ESPN gets their hands on it LMAO


I'm all for the Nov.18th total Blackout game.

Well, Whitlock's on the case, and he eats shit like this up. It'll certainly get some play on the FoxSports website.

I wonder if they'll show the plane on TV? Or be under orders not to?

This could get really interesting.

Gonzo 10-01-2012 10:30 PM

Do you all think if Pioli gets informed about this, he'll take actions to stop it?

I was thinking about emailing columnists but thought better of it... Of course, it could be a pr nightmare, (pun intended) if he did so.

At any rate: j-Whitlock
BallState0@aol.com

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 10:30 PM

There's no chance of the banner actually making it onto national TV.

Dayze 10-01-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969201)
Well, Whitlock's on the case, and he eats shit like this up. It'll certainly get some play on the FoxSports website.

I wonder if they'll show the plane on TV? Or be under orders not to?

This could get really interesting.

I suspec not to. The networks are whores to the nfl.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 10:31 PM

PR, can we link up this banner to the Save Our Chiefs social media push we are trying to create?

http://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969217)
Do you all think if Pioli gets informed about this, he'll take actions to stop it?

I was thinking about emailing columnists but thought better of it... Of course, it could be a pr nightmare, (pun intended) if he did so.

At any rate: j-Whitlock
BallState0@aol.com

What's he going to do if the plane is already paid for?

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8969222)
There's no chance of the banner actually making it onto national TV.

If the story gets enough coverage beforehand, they might have no choice.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8969017)
How much would the billboard cost?

Working on that.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969230)
If the story gets enough coverage beforehand, they might have no choice.

I can see ESPN running with it.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969230)
If the story gets enough coverage beforehand, they might have no choice.

I think after watching Shannon Sharpe having to stop himself before he went into a tirade over how awful Matt Cassel is, it's not going to happen in any way.

As MIA mentioned, ESPN might run with it but CBS will not touch it.

alnorth 10-01-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8969222)
There's no chance of the banner actually making it onto national TV.

At a bare minimum, it'll get a mention before kick-off, and probably also during the sportscenter recap of our hilariously lopsided loss.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 8969233)
Working on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969069)
I sent an info request to the people who manage this particular billboard.

http://www.oohcenter.com/Billboard_a...238cb19cb.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/qNph3.jpg

Didn't hear back from them. I'll call them on Wed and get a quote.

.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 10:36 PM

Lets get Todd to fly the plane

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8969238)
I think after watching Shannon Sharpe having to stop himself before he went into a tirade over how awful Matt Cassel is, it's not going to happen in any way.

That was curious. Did he stop himself, or did the producer give him a STFU in his earpiece?

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969217)
Do you all think if Pioli gets informed about this, he'll take actions to stop it?

I was thinking about emailing columnists but thought better of it... Of course, it could be a pr nightmare, (pun intended) if he did so.

At any rate: j-Whitlock
BallState0@aol.com

All the local media has been tweeted with a link to this thread. Whitlock already re-tweeted it.

Oh and 610 already mentioned it during the 5 o'clock drive home

And Fox 4 is going to interview PR.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 10:36 PM

I hope I'm wrong though. Would love nothing more than to see FIRE PIOLI on my 55" LED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969244)
That was curious. Did he stop himself, or did the producer give him a STFU in his earpiece?

Wouldn't surprise me if a producer told him to shut up. You know he wanted to trash the hell out of the turd.

Raiderhader 10-01-2012 10:37 PM

Just got the money sent off.

ghak99 10-01-2012 10:37 PM

http://s8.postimage.org/n66fbmbp1/Save_our_Chiefs.jpghttp://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/<a hr...hiefs.jpg]</a>

Gonzo 10-01-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969225)
What's he going to do if the plane is already paid for?

You know what he could do, don't lie....

AA guns in the press boxes.

Seriously, though... I doubt anything like this would ever make national press seeing that the nfl has all the major networks in their pockets and no bad pub really gets out. So, Pioli wouldnt really worry about it much. I guess he could always do the whole $$$$ thing, though.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 10:39 PM

That's awesome! Could you put the picture of Pioli laughing on the other side?

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969253)
You know what he could do, don't lie....

AA guns in the press boxes.

Seriously, though... I doubt anything like this would ever make national press seeing that the nfl has all the major networks in their pockets and no bad pub really gets out. So, Pioli wouldnt really worry about it much. I guess he could always do the whole $$$$ thing, though.

The people I hired to do this are the same people that flew the K during the AS game. They are also the ones that flew in Ark with the fire Houston Nutt banner.

He ain't skeerd.

Gonzo 10-01-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8969246)
All the local media has been tweeted with a link to this thread. Whitlock already re-tweeted it.

Oh and 610 already mentioned it during the 5 o'clock drive home :)

LMAO

****ing awesome.

alnorth 10-01-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969253)
You know what he could do, don't lie....

AA guns in the press boxes.

Seriously, though... I doubt anything like this would ever make national press seeing that the nfl has all the major networks in their pockets and no bad pub really gets out. So, Pioli wouldnt really worry about it much. I guess he could always do the whole $$$$ thing, though.

I think national media is more for vanity and "gee look what we did" more than anything.

We need the local media to whip up a furystorm. Obviously talk radio guys are always game to stir stuff up (even when they have to make up a non-existent controversy to get people to call in), but if this became some sort of recurring theme on local TV and print media to the point where Joe average chiefs fan starts noticing this and deciding to demand that Pioli get axed, we may have something going.

dmahurin 10-01-2012 10:41 PM

That should be the billboard.

luv 10-01-2012 10:43 PM

What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards. I may not agree, but best of luck to you.

Raiderhader 10-01-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969186)
You know, this is basically a ChiefsPlanet declaration of war. I wonder if Pioli will react to it?

I remember when you wrote that letter to King Carl in regards to Romonowski possibly coming to KC and posted it here for anyone to sign if they wanted. We got a pretty positive reaction out of that.

This reminds me of that. Although certainly taken several notches higher. I love this place. :)

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8969238)
I think after watching Shannon Sharpe having to stop himself before he went into a tirade over how awful Matt Cassel is, it's not going to happen in any way.

As MIA mentioned, ESPN might run with it but CBS will not touch it.

espn cbs nfl network none of them talk or give a shit about the chiefs. never. we get almost zero coverage compared to the average team in the nfl on national tv. I was surprised when I saw him say that. You'd think being a donk he'd be all for caserole. like Tom Jackson "Oh hes looking good."

Whata bunch of bullshit

I dont care if the national media picks this up or not anyway. All that matters is that all the chief fans at the game and around the nation see it and talk about it and Clark realizes that change needs to happen.
Clark you want to actually be a good nfl owner? Its really quite simple................Start with a franchise 1st round qb

alnorth 10-01-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8969267)
That should be the billboard.

the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969262)
LMAO

****ing awesome.

It's cool because Jaycee Pearson is one of the radio personalities and played for the team when they were awful and he says this would be the first time ever Chiefs fans did something like that. Just think this all pretty much started from a message board civil war over Cassel/Pioli ROFL

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure why Clark gets a free pass. Here's my billboard idea:

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

the official email of @SaveOurChiefs and http://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs is saveourchiefs@gmail.com

Just so we are clear, I am not taking donations at this time nor do I have access to the email address posted above.

Not trying to be a dick either, just want everyone to understand. :)

Dayze 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

If the billboard would become a viable option, I'd consider dipping into my Kimber CustomII TLE fund to throw down a hundy

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969273)
I remember when you wrote that letter to King Carl in regards to Romonowski possibly coming to KC and posted it here for anyone to sign if they wanted. We got a pretty positive reaction out of that.

This reminds me of that. Although certainly taken several notches higher. I love this place. :)

How ****ed up is it that you remember this but I don't? LMAO

Gonzo 10-01-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8969272)
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards. I may not agree, but best of luck to you.

You think ten people showing up with paper bags over their heads will send a message big enough to be helpful?
They call that foreplay in Springfield for chrissakes.
This has the potential to be one of the biggest things CP has ever accomplished, really.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 10:47 PM

www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page for now. Need to get a web site going unless we just roll with social media on this. Thoughts?

teedubya 10-01-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8969140)
http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityCh...cassel_banner/

its on the chiefs reddit. Shuold go on the NFL reddit as well.

Nicely done. Let's post it on Sunday after we can get a picture of it... and get blown out by the Ravens on http://reddit.com/r/nfl :-)

AustinChief 10-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8969280)
the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

I agree. Right now Www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page run by MartyMac... but when this reaches the point where the website needs to be promoted, we can easily add more info to the website and have it link to the facebook page and include a feed or whatever, you can put future plans there and the link to donate to get things done.

I set up the site and will install any CMS or Facebook widgets that are needed, but don't look at me for design! I am crap. :D

|Zach| 10-01-2012 10:50 PM

It will get attention if it gets up and going. They key will be getting a really good photo of it that can spread around.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8969291)
www.saveourchiefs.com goes to the Facebook page for now. Need to get a web site going unless we just roll with social media on this. Thoughts?

Ha beat me to it.. I just posted on this...

ghak99 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8969280)
the "donate to" and paypal email address thing might be a little much. Should be a URL for a page that then suggests ways to get involved.

It's just a 5 minute jpg for you guys to run with on facebook and twitter.

I agree it should have a web address replacing the paypal account and be a little more creative to make it to a big board on 435.:thumb:

Kyle DeLexus 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8969247)
I hope I'm wrong though. Would love nothing more than to see FIRE PIOLI on my 55" LED.


Wouldn't surprise me if a producer told him to shut up. You know he wanted to trash the hell out of the turd.

His reaction made it seem like he was told to stop. "he turns the football over he..ok..he can't play..I'm done"

Then no one wanted to touch the Matt Cassel topic so I'm pretty sure they were told to move on to something else.

Dayze 10-01-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8969272)
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards. I may not agree, but best of luck to you.

Because, IMO, paper bags are like placing some black cats to breech a door. Whereas a banner is throwing down some explosives, tossing in some flashbangs, and throwing semen on everything.

Pioli and Clark care too much about perception perception. That paper bags to them are like having those little pieces of toilet paper Leftover on your balloon knot...simply an annoyance.

luv 10-01-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969290)
You think ten people showing up with paper bags over their heads will send a message big enough to be helpful?
They call that foreplay in Springfield for chrissakes.
This has the potential to be one of the biggest things CP has ever accomplished, really.

Oh, I know it's big. There's just something about it that doesn't really seem cool to me. I'm actually not sure what it is. I am still excited for you all though.

Raiderhader 10-01-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969288)
How ****ed up is it that you remember this but I don't? LMAO


Uh, pretty fucked up. You seriously do not remember that? I could be wrong and it was someone else but, I know I'm not. Your hatred of Denver in general and Romo in particular drove you to write Carl a letter threating him in some way (fandom, boycott... nothing physical surprisingly) if the dude was signed. You actually got a reply back assuring you and all signees that we had nothing to worry about.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969301)
It will get attention if it gets up and going. They key will be getting a really good photo of it that can spread around.

If only we knew of a good photographer....

the Talking Can 10-01-2012 10:54 PM

i sent you the money

thanks for doing it

pr_capone 10-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969287)
If the billboard would become a viable option, I'd consider dipping into my Kimber CustomII TLE fund to throw down a hundy

it is a very real and distinct possibility bordering on likelyhood.

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

RunKC 10-01-2012 10:56 PM

Um ESPN showed the stupid billboard of Donkey fans campaigning for Tebow last year.

They sure as hell can show this.

Frazod 10-01-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969314)
Uh, pretty fucked up. You seriously do not remember that? I could be wrong and it was someone else but, I know I'm not. Your hatred of Denver in general and Romo in particular drove you to write Carl a letter threating him in some way (fandom, boycott... nothing physical surprisingly) if the dude was signed. You actually got a reply back assuring you and all signees that we had nothing to worry about.

Well, if it didn't happen 30 years ago, I don't remember it. 10 years ago? I'm screwed.

The only reason I know where I lived then is because I haven't moved. :D

alnorth 10-01-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969322)
it is a very real and distinct possibility bordering on likelyhood.

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

Well, we got an away game and a bye week after we get crushed this weekend, so there's time. If the billboard idea isn't viable for some odd reason, we can always just keep flying the banner.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 10:59 PM

Can somone whip up a FB Cover image along the lines of:

It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy
www.saveourchiefs.com

And integrate images of Stramm-era, Schottenheimer-era and tease the future with Jamaal Charles?

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969322)
it is a very real and distinct possibility bordering on likelyhood.

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

I have several emails out already, Ill PM you tomorrow when they get back to me.

Gonzo 10-01-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969316)
If only we knew of a good photographer....

Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969322)
it is a very real and distinct possibility bordering on likelyhood.

if I could get someone to call me back on the damn thing... it would be massively helpful so we know what we are shooting for. lol

It's too bad we couldn't get one up in Texas, so, you know, Clark could see it.

Kyle DeLexus 10-01-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969341)
Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

ROFL

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969341)
Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

You serious Clark?

Gonzo 10-01-2012 11:05 PM

I sent a couple PM's to the local sports guys here in Omaha. They do occasional stuff on KC so maybe.

Phobia 10-01-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969290)
You think ten people showing up with paper bags over their heads will send a message big enough to be helpful?
They call that foreplay in Springfield for chrissakes.
This has the potential to be one of the biggest things CP has ever accomplished, really.

CP basically put Joe Delaney into the Ring 21 years after his death. Took years of effort.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969347)
I sent a couple PM's to the local sports guys here in Omaha. They do occasional stuff on KC so maybe.

I sent the info the local media in Wichita and also sent it to ESPN.

Gonzo 10-01-2012 11:07 PM

Oh hey pr, I get paid later this week. I'll be throwing a little dough your way brother.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.