ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

Kaepernick 07-15-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10739859)
There are only a couple of states (like California, suprise) that register guns by serial. In all states you have to pass a background check, but it only records whether you are attempting to purchase a handgun or a long gun, and that information is supposedly destroyed after your request is accepted or denied.

IIRC, None of that information is destroyed, and every time an FFL dealer goes out of business, the ATF keeps all of their 4473s. The law allows dealers to destroy 4473s over 20 years old, but even so, I believe dealers still keep this information in their books. When a dealer quits the business, the ATF keeps the books and all existing 4473s.

Maybe a licensed dealer will chime in as this is just my best understanding.

Either way, NSA probably has it all anyway.:D. Instant background check is over the phone lines, so I am sure NSA has a complete database of every gun transfer in the last 20 years.

kepp 07-18-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10747690)
IIRC, None of that information is destroyed, and every time an FFL dealer goes out of business, the ATF keeps all of their 4473s. The law allows dealers to destroy 4473s over 20 years old, but even so, I believe dealers still keep this information in their books. When a dealer quits the business, the ATF keeps the books and all existing 4473s.

Maybe a licensed dealer will chime in as this is just my best understanding.

Either way, NSA probably has it all anyway.:D. Instant background check is over the phone lines, so I am sure NSA has a complete database of every gun transfer in the last 20 years.

Yeah, there's not a doubt in my mind that the gubment has all those records.

Munson 07-18-2014 08:27 AM

I hope anybody that wanted a Russian made AK (Saiga/VEPR) already bought one. Since Obama banned their importation a couple days ago, almost all vendors are sold out, or have raised prices quite a bit.

Makes me think that there's gonna be a run on AK's from Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Yugoslavia(Serbia), etc.

Maybe he'll ban imported ammo, too.

kepp 07-18-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 10752527)
I hope anybody that wanted a Russian made AK (Saiga/VEPR) already bought one. Since Obama banned their importation a couple days ago, almost all vendors are sold out, or have raised prices quite a bit.

Makes me think that there's gonna be a run on AK's from Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Yugoslavia(Serbia), etc.

I'm sure he will. You know he wants to do it anyway, and now he has an excuse.

Tombstone RJ 07-18-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 10752527)

you got a link verifying that Obama has done this?

patteeu 07-18-2014 08:49 AM

5 most dangerous guns in America according to Rolling Stone magazine. See if you can guess before looking. Hint: this list is ridiculous.

Spoiler!

kepp 07-18-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10752569)

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ifles_07172014

kepp 07-18-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10752583)
5 most dangerous guns in America according to Rolling Stone magazine. See if you can guess before looking. Hint: this list is ridiculous.

Spoiler!

Wow. I was thinking it would list things like "pistol grips" and "semi-automatic", but it even more moranic that that.

kepp 07-18-2014 09:25 AM

I'm considering getting some more 556 but I'm trying to decide between m-193 55gr and m-855 62gr. Which would you guys suggest for a 1x7 barrel? (same price)

BigOlChiefsfan 07-18-2014 09:44 AM

I just held my Saiga over my head and yelled 'Wolverines!' a few times. It's surprisingly invigorating, and I'm sure causes Dear Leader a ton of butt-hurt. Buy my Saiga for $2200 (silver/gold bars accepted) and try it for yourself!

kepp 07-18-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 10752742)
I just held my Saiga over my head and yelled 'Wolverines!' a few times. It's surprisingly invigorating, and I'm sure causes Dear Leader a ton of butt-hurt. Buy my Saiga for $2200 (silver/gold bars accepted) and try it for yourself!

You might want to stock up on some more 7.62x39 surplus though.

BigOlChiefsfan 07-18-2014 09:58 AM

Ammo stockpile was taken care of before Dear Leader got elected. I just don't shoot up all I own these days. Which is kind of a bummer, but elections have consequences.

Munson 07-18-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10752569)

I don't have a link at the moment, since I'm posting on my cell phone.

But from my understanding, the banning of Russian AK's is part of Obama's sanctions against Putin.

I think its posted on treasury.gov. You should be able to see all the Russian companies and individuals the US can't do business with.

Dunerdr 07-18-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munson (Post 10752886)
I don't have a link at the moment, since I'm posting on my cell phone.

But from my understanding, the banning of Russian AK's is part of Obama's sanctions against Putin.

I think its posted on treasury.gov. You should be able to see all the Russian companies and individuals the US can't do business with.

I read this as well. who does this guy think he is?

Tombstone RJ 07-19-2014 12:45 PM

Elections do have consequences...