ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Has this economy continued to hurt your wallet, or are you doing just fine? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269415)

Mr. Laz 01-28-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9359509)
People always neglect their teeth. God Bless 'em.

and you're there to extort thousands for a tiny,tiny,tiny,tiny piece of plastic.

Phobia 01-28-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9359954)
I do business the same way, there have been times I have lost significant amounts of money to just make someone happy. But people know I care and that is why I'm busy,
Posted via Mobile Device

I found out yesterday a roof I put on 2 years ago is experiencing problems. Homeowner had another contractor out and he recommended replacing the entire thing... naturally. I'm getting ready to lose some money myself.

Hammock Parties 01-28-2013 09:27 PM

I'm doing better than ever before. Obama!

Phobia 01-28-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9359983)
I'm doing better than ever before. Obama!

That has more to do with you leaving your bedroom, bubba fett dolls, and tube socks rather than the economy.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9359851)
Communications with a minor in Business and Marketing

Why didn't you just go psychology? Or Phys Ed?

IA_Chiefs_fan 01-28-2013 09:59 PM

My career of nineteen years is kind of taking a shit due to government involvement in health care. I started a business a couple years ago and it was a perfect niche to get into. I sell automotive specialty tools and parts and the business is growing rapidly. So I'm only doing well because I chose to have two full time jobs for a couple years. You have to want it or it won't happen.

hometeam 01-28-2013 10:03 PM

It has been a bit rough on me. New baby, higher prices on everything, and my paycheck staying relatively around the same over the past couple of years has finally caught up. I am still paying the bills, but I have burned my savings and it's even forced me to switch departments in order to chase after money so I can get back to where I was 3 or 4 years ago.

lewdog 01-28-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 9360157)
My career of nineteen years is kind of taking a shit due to government involvement in health care.

Curious what career that is in the health care field?

RunKC 01-28-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9360114)
Why didn't you just go psychology? Or Phys Ed?

I did basically a wide variance of Comm and Business. Actually very close to a business management degree as well.
There's opportunities everywhere for those degrees. Just have to start small I guess.

scho63 01-29-2013 07:40 AM

Luckily for me I have two things working in my favor:

1. I work in the entire Wash DC metro/ NoVA / SoMD area and there is NO recession here.

2. My company pays my entire health care, gas, and cell phone bills so that is a HUGE plus.

Not sure how a family of 4 or more can afford their gas and food with the sharp increase over the last 4 years. It's crazy

IA_Chiefs_fan 01-29-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9360391)
Curious what career that is in the health care field?

We handle customer service calls for large health insurance companies. It is becoming harder for those for the health insurance companies to outsource with all the regulations and uncertainties.

SAUTO 01-29-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9359979)
I found out yesterday a roof I put on 2 years ago is experiencing problems. Homeowner had another contractor out and he recommended replacing the entire thing... naturally. I'm getting ready to lose some money myself.

that really sucks, but IMO its just part of doing business. my hits are usually smaller than that though lol

MeatRock 01-29-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9359979)

What kind of problems? Usually with roof's you can pinpoint what's ****ed up and repair areas without replacing the whole roof. Well, you know this, but damn.

Sound's like the other contractor is slow and is looking to make himself some work.

Phobia 01-29-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9361001)
What kind of problems? Usually with roof's you can pinpoint what's ****ed up and repair areas without replacing the whole roof. Well, you know this, but damn.

Sound's like the other contractor is slow and is looking to make himself some work.

Probably a combination of a few dynamics. But I know this one probably isn't the best roof my company has our name tied to. I decided to assemble a crew of out of work people and help the local economy when we had a hail storm blow through town. It's tough supervise properly when you're the only efficient roofer on a roof. But I think it's water-tight and should be fine until the next hail storm. Hope I won't have to replace the whole thing but if that's what I have to do, I'll just have to eat ramen for a while.

MeatRock 01-29-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9361025)
Probably a combination of a few dynamics. But I know this one probably isn't the best roof my company has our name tied to. I decided to assemble a crew of out of work people and help the local economy when we had a hail storm blow through town. It's tough supervise properly when you're the only efficient roofer on a roof. But I think it's water-tight and should be fine until the next hail storm. Hope I won't have to replace the whole thing but if that's what I have to do, I'll just have to eat ramen for a while.

How long do you give warranties for? Because the shingle's have their own warranty, I'm telling you shit you already know but that sucks man.