ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyson Jackson goes from underachiever to newfound force (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267451)

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188314)
I wouldn't hate to keep him on the roster for league min.

Actually, I would. I want some real DEs that can play in our base front and rush the passer. If T-Jack can show that he can do that in a 1-gap, I wouldn't be against restructuring. However, I don't want anymore starting DEs that can't get a push in our base front. Period.

I wonder how our Defense would look if a new DC/HC comes in here and restructures us to a 4-3. Do we put Tamba and Houston as down DE's, or keep them at OLB?...It would be interesting.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 03:55 PM

I'm sorry if you can't see what's right in front of you.

That's not a special play by Tyson Jackson. He did nothing particularly good there. He was the benefactor of pressure generated by other players.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 03:56 PM

Glad he is playing better but still needs a contract that fits his production.

which is 50% less than it is now ... maybe less, i haven't checked the going rate lately.

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9188326)
Glad he is playing better but still needs a contract that fits his production.

which is 50% less than it is now ... maybe less, i haven't checked the going rate lately.

The going rate for players of his caliber is somewhere between the bench and a job at Wal-Mart.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188320)
I wonder how our Defense would look if a new DC/HC comes in here and restructures us to a 4-3. Do we put Tamba and Houston as down DE's, or keep them at OLB?...It would be interesting.

at ends imo

some teams run with smaller DE's

2 big run stuffing monsters in the middle
2 smaller pass rushing DE's on the outside

your big DT's just need to be aware of when teams try to run 'under' the DE's shooting up field.

Hali,Poe,Powe,Houston

we need help at LB though

SAUTO 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9188323)
I'm sorry if you can't see what's right in front of you.

That's not a special play by Tyson Jackson. He did nothing particularly good there. He was the benefactor of pressure generated by other players.

and im sorry that you obviously cant read the words that i typed.

i never once said it was a special play.

i guess next time any other player gets the same type of sack you will be here saying the same things... right?

Sorter 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188320)

If we were to switch to a 4-3, I'd like to see this

DL: Hali-Powe-Poe-draft pick/FA
LBs: DJ-draft pick/FA-Houston. You could keep DJ in the middle if you wanted I suppose.

Ideally, I'd like to switch to a Phillips 3-4 and look like this

DL: Either DraftPick/FA/Jackson-Powe/Poe/FA-Poe/DraftPick
LBS: Hali-draftpick/FA-DJ-Houston.

Either switch is going to require us getting at least 1 pass rusher via the draft or FA. If we switch to a 1-gap, we maintain continuity with our LBs, and the difficulties for Poe decrease dramatically IMO. Additionally, there is a very very slim chance that Jackson improves in a 1-gap. Doubtful but stranger things have happened.

RunKC 12-07-2012 04:00 PM

What's his pass rush stats? Like how many times has he had a chance to rush the QB? How many pressures does he have?

People are saying he would be much better in a 1 gap, which is dumb.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188327)
The going rate for players of his caliber is somewhere between the bench and a job at Wal-Mart.

that's just being silly

he was drafted too high and is being pay too much but he's still productive for what we are asking him to do.

looks like he MIGHT be expanding his usability to something other than a running stuff 3-4 DE too.

always have to be aware of better play in contract years though

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188332)
i never once said it was a special play.
?

Then we are in agreement, and this whole debate between you and I was pointless.

Good day, dipshit.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9188337)
What's his pass rush stats? Like how many times has he had a chance to rush the QB? How many pressures does he have?

People are saying he would be much better in a 1 gap, which is dumb.

I don't think anybody is saying that.

Some said that with Dorsey, which was quickly debunked.

Strongside 12-07-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188335)
If we were to switch to a 4-3, I'd like to see this

DL: Hali-Powe-Poe-draft pick/FA
LBs: DJ-draft pick/FA-Houston. You could keep DJ in the middle if you wanted I suppose.

Ideally, I'd like to switch to a Phillips 3-4 and look like this

DL: Either DraftPick/FA/Jackson-Powe/Poe/FA-Poe/DraftPick
LBS: Hali-draftpick/FA-DJ-Houston.

Either switch is going to require us getting at least 1 pass rusher via the draft or FA. If we switch to a 1-gap, we maintain continuity with our LBs, and the difficulties for Poe decrease dramatically IMO. Additionally, there is a very very slim chance that Jackson improves in a 1-gap. Doubtful but stranger things have happened.

I don't see Jackson improving with a gap assignment makeover, either. I do, though (given that he has improved in the 2-gap scheme) think that it would benefit Poe.

RunKC 12-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188341)
I don't think anybody is saying that.

Some said that with Dorsey, which was quickly debunked.

I remember Kevin Keitzman (yeah shocker I know) saying he has the athletic ability but is asked to stop the run far more than the pass and that a 1 gap would make him successful.

Personally, I think we've see his ceiling. No way we keep him for 17 million next season.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188344)
I don't see Jackson improving with a gap assignment makeover, either. I do, though (given that he has improved in the 2-gap scheme) think that it would benefit Poe.

Totally agree. It was nice of Crennel/Pioli to get him some reps playing 2-gap for us though before they are kicked the **** out of the door.

LMAO

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9188346)
I remember Kevin Keitzman (yeah shocker I know) saying he has the athletic ability but is asked to stop the run far more than the pass and that a 1 gap would make him successful.

Personally, I think we've see his ceiling. No way we keep him for 17 million next season.

None of the radio guys here in KC know anything about football.

Period.