ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's say the Chiefs land 2 2nds. How would you grade these moves back into the 1st? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271686)

suds79 04-02-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9548649)
You are starting wayyyy too many threads.

Really?

Should we have more threads where CP members are calling each other out? More threads about the Cardinals?

Any thread that is a good topic regarding the Chiefs on a Chiefs board sounds good to me. Call me crazy.

Back to the topic...

I know given his size and Dex he's not necessarily a need for us but if we trade back into the first to get WRs (some others on this list), I'd rather it just be Tavon Austin. I don't care that he's short. He's a special talent.

jd1020 04-02-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548725)
Interpret it however you want, I suppose.

There's no other way to interpret it.

Franchise QB for S? F.
Franchise QB for WR? F.
Franchise QB for OLB? F.
Franchise QB for DE? F.
Franchise QB for TE? F.

etc...

Direckshun 04-02-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548735)

Franchise QB for S? F.
Franchise QB for WR? F.
Franchise QB for OLB? F.
Franchise QB for DE? F.
Franchise QB for TE? F.

etc...

I suppose it would depend on how good that franchise QB ends up being.

I think you'd definitely grade a "LT for franchise QB" as an A.

But substitute "franchise QB" with Alex Smith, and "LT" with Branden Albert, and I'm sure you would grade it differently.

jd1020 04-02-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548745)
I suppose it would depend on how good that franchise QB ends up being.

I think you'd definitely grade a "LT for franchise QB" as an A.

But substitute "franchise QB" with Alex Smith, and "LT" with Branden Albert, and I'm sure you would grade it differently.

Not really. Because Alex Smith isn't a franchise QB.

I'm going to paraphrase what has been asked of Alex Smith the last 2 years in SF...

"Alex... Please don't **** this up!"

Your "Franchise QB" ladies and gentlemen.

CrazyPhuD 04-02-2013 08:17 AM

More people need to select this option!!! PBJ

Direckshun 04-02-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548749)

I suppose that depends on what you define a franchise QB as being.

The franchise has clearly made him their QB for the current and intermediate and perhaps longterm future. Seems to fit that definition.

suds79 04-02-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548749)

I'm going to paraphrase what has been asked of Alex Smith the last 2 years in SF...

"Alex... Please don't **** this up!"

Your "Franchise QB" ladies and gentlemen.

Not trying to be smart here because I'm just curious. Honest question. How long you going to be bitter over this?

I was mad too at first so don't take this as me celebrating the move. Certainly that wasn't the case. But I've gotten over it by now. What else can I do? Don't feel like quitting on the team.

Two years ago I think we'd all say Joe Flacco was around the 12th or so best QB in the league. Some might say lower. Look at him now. That's clearly not the case. What's the point? The point is that QBs roles and positions are constantly in flux and being evaluated. The top 5 QBs in the game today won't be the same list 3 years from now.

I'm not predicting Alex Smith will ever be in that league. But certainly he's middle of the pack. 15th or so. mediocre. Agreed. Lets see if he progresses from his last two years or if he slides.

While I want the Chiefs to win a SB, right now I just want to see if they can get in the playoffs and win a game first. I don't have much if any memories of the Chiefs the last time that happened.

jd1020 04-02-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9548772)
Not trying to be smart here because I'm just curious. Honest question. How long you going to be bitter over this?

Tough question...

I guess I'll be bitter until the last 30 years of Chiefs logic proves the world wrong.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-02-2013 08:27 AM

Alex Smith is a huge upgrade over Cassel, thats the bottom line.

patteeu 04-02-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9548735)

Franchise QB for S? F.
Franchise QB for WR? F.
Franchise QB for OLB? F.
Franchise QB for DE? F.
Franchise QB for TE? F.

etc...

:facepalm: My grade for your interpretation is F.

jd1020 04-02-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9548812)
:facepalm: My grade for your interpretation is F.

That's ok.

I would expect someone that doesn't understand what happens when you move from 1.1 to 1.4 to have a headache, requiring a face palm.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548712)
I don't know what you guys want this forum to look like. I honestly don't.

**** them. It's Chiefs talk and draft talk. I love your threads. Now come give me a big hug.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-02-2013 09:01 AM

So from what I'm reading, Chiefsplanet doesn't like trading up. I voted mid to low grades for positions I don't feel we need as much help in. And higher grades for specific players that also fit specific needs. I don't think you trade up for any BPA unless it also fills a hole. WR is a huge hole, so I voted high grades for Patterson, and Allen. I also gave a higher grade for Margus Hunt because I really, really like him, and we need help on the D-Line.

jd1020 04-02-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9548769)
I suppose that depends on what you define a franchise QB as being.

The franchise has clearly made him their QB for the current and intermediate and perhaps longterm future. Seems to fit that definition.

I define a franchise QB as someone who is going to be THE keystone to your franchise's success for the foreseeable future... A guy that's capable of putting the team on his back and willing his way to victories.

That's not Alex Smith. He's a "franchise QB" in the sense that he's mediocre but good enough for your team to remain "respectable" at 8-8 but you have yet to hit on a Colin Kaepernick.

patteeu 04-02-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9548907)
So from what I'm reading, Chiefsplanet doesn't like trading up. I voted mid to low grades for positions I don't feel we need as much help in. And higher grades for specific players that also fit specific needs. I don't think you trade up for any BPA unless it also fills a hole. WR is a huge hole, so I voted high grades for Patterson, and Allen. I also gave a higher grade for Margus Hunt because I really, really like him, and we need help on the D-Line.

I'd add to that and say it should also be a player that you had valued considerably higher than you'd be taking him. Otherwise, I'd wait and hope he fell to my regular pick (or to a pick that wouldn't cost as much to trade up for).