ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Dark Knight Rises *Spoilers* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261597)

mdchiefsfan 07-22-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 8759333)
"You merely adopted the dark, I was born in it"

Epic line before an epic beat down

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8759335)
"The shadows betray you. Because they belong to me."

Loved that part.

Brock 07-22-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 8759338)
Maggie is much better actress than Katie.

I don't know whether that's true, but she was not the right choice for TDK.

Stryker 07-22-2012 02:53 PM

"I wondered which would break first. Your spirt or your body!"

Stryker 07-22-2012 02:59 PM

Freaking awesome movie. Saw it last night 6:00 iMAX. They actually turned on the lights about 90 minutes into it and I thought - "Oh God, here we go!".

They quickly turned them back off - whew!

Shame what happened to Heath - a Joker appearance would have been icing on the cake. You had to have known that Batman wasn't dead after the nuke ordeal.

Mr. Plow 07-22-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8759238)
She's complete shit. And a dog to boot.

Exactly.

Jawshco 07-22-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8758773)
You see Aiden Gillen and your first thought is Littlefinger and not Tommy Carcetti? Shame on you.

Tangentially, I also appreciated the Robert Wisdom (Bunny Colvin) cameo.

Ha! I've never seen the Wire, but Game of Thrones is my favorite show, and Little Finger is arguably the most pivotal character in the entire series. So, I feel no shame in that. However, the Wire is on my Netflix queue of shows to watch.

Jawshco 07-22-2012 03:17 PM

I was hoping the Joker would have the trigger. It would have been a great twist on the trigger scene from TDK. Of course, Talia needed to have it, so I was fine with that.

Sure-Oz 07-22-2012 03:19 PM

couldn't have joker without heath

Silock 07-22-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8759642)
I don't know whether that's true, but she was not the right choice for TDK.

Maybe not, but she was definitely a step up in the acting department, even though she was a "topple from the Empire State building" in terms of looks.

CoMoChief 07-22-2012 05:09 PM

Hathaway looked very hot.

JD10367 07-22-2012 05:33 PM

Having now spent 8 viewing ogling Hathaway (currently on my 9th viewing), her role is perfect. The nuances of her voice, the way she uses her eyes and lips, the way she tilts her head, the physicality in her role... So many subtle sexy movements (like how she uses her foot to trigger the windowwashing unit after she drags the guy out the window, or how when she's breaking into the second safe just before she sees Batman on TV she is crouching turned to the right and flips the crouch to the left, or how she arches her back and makes her butt rounder when on the Batbike). She perfectly blends the tough yet vulnerable, cynical yet goodhearted, jaded man-using (and woman-using) feminist using sex as a tool yet still a bit romantic.

Deberg_1990 07-22-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8760100)
Having now spent 8 viewing ogling Hathaway (currently on my 9th viewing), her role is perfect. The nuances of her voice, the way she uses her eyes and lips, the way she tilts her head, the physicality in her role... So many subtle sexy movements (like how she uses her foot to trigger the windowwashing unit after she drags the guy out the window, or how when she's breaking into the second safe just before she sees Batman on TV she is crouching turned to the right and flips the crouch to the left, or how she arches her back and makes her butt rounder when on the Batbike). She perfectly blends the tough yet vulnerable, cynical yet goodhearted, jaded man-using (and woman-using) feminist using sex as a tool yet still a bit romantic.

Since you've seen it so much.....they never called her Catwomans did they? Or I don't even remember her character even being associated with cats at all right?

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8760110)
Since you've seen it so much.....they never called her Catwomans did they? Or I don't even remember her character even being associated with cats at all right?

She was never referred to as Catwoman, but she was referred to as a cat burglar several times.

JD10367 07-22-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8760110)

No, they never do. Upon my first viewing, I told everyone that they did the film a great service by not having a Catwoman backstory, or show her "becoming" Catwoman. And by not labeling her, Hathaway can portray her or more than just a caricature or a distraction. In fact, they poke fun at the whole Catwoman thing; she's not even wearing ears in this film, but when she puts her night vision goggles on her head they look just like ears.

ragedogg69 07-22-2012 05:45 PM

The closest was being referred to as a cat burglar. She actually had ears on during the charity ball. But your right, the wink by Nolen was the goggles.

Ebert summed the film up for me very well:
"the film begins slowly with a murky plot and too many new characters, but builds to a sensational climax."

I thought the first act was way to bloated. Other than that, I have no complaints. I cannot really point to anything in the beginning that needs to be cut. If only some of the plot points needed to be sped up a bit for my tastes.

I would love to argue that Hathaway deserves a best supporting actress nomination, but since she wasnt nominated for Love and Other Drugs where she was brilliant and naked half the time, I just cannot see the academy ever taking her serious for some reason. :(