ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid the Red = Baghdad Bob (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266810)

gblowfish 11-19-2012 11:02 AM

Reid the Red = Baghdad Bob

Reid the Red, the Ginger Jesus Freak From Viking Land, writes his first puff piece. How did he spin this POS game? Headline:

ARROWHEAD WIN FOR CHIEFS still elusive.

Now that's spin doctoring that would make Karl Rove weep. Bravo. God Bless You, and your recipe for chicken salad.

http://tinyurl.com/c5yurv3

FloridaMan88 11-19-2012 11:14 AM

Add "Chiefs Reporter" from kcchiefs.com, Rachel Santschi to this list as well.

Her amazing insight before the Bengals game:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...6-04caead35b3b

Quote:

This weekend’s game is themed to honor those who have served or are serving in our armed forces. Head coach Romeo Crennel is eager to gain a victory at Arrowhead, especially for Military Appreciation Day which remains close to his heart.

If the Chiefs can showcase the same drive and aggression they had this past Monday night, while also eliminating mistakes and thriving off of a home field advantage, they may be able to accomplish their goals in front of the home crowd.
Such breathtaking insight and analysis. Karen Kornacki would be proud.

gblowfish 11-19-2012 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Meanwhile, here's a blurb from the Cincinnati paper:

KANSAS CITY – This was strictly a (takin’ care of) business trip for the Bengals. A beat-down of the 1-9 Chiefs would be redundant, and no more difficult than driving a nail. Use the proper end of the tool and pay attention to your thumb. There aren’t many teams, ever, in the NFL about which another team can say, “All we have to do is not bump into the furniture and we’ll win.’’ For a decade or so, the Bengals were one of those teams. Now it’s Kansas City’s turn.

Give Cincinnati credit for not playing down to the KC level, which at this point is somewhere in a hole in the ocean. “Diligent,’’ Marvin Lewis called his team’s effort. The Bengals set an early tone, and rode it easily to a 28-6 win.

Phobia 11-19-2012 11:22 AM

"The third quarter signified the nod to have Brady Quinn come in for relief of Cassel, but the result was more of the same."

What does that mean exactly? Lots of these words don't even belong together.

FAX 11-19-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9133188)
Meanwhile, here's a blurb from the Cincinnati paper:

KANSAS CITY – This was strictly a (takin’ care of) business trip for the Bengals. A beat-down of the 1-9 Chiefs would be redundant, and no more difficult than driving a nail. Use the proper end of the tool and pay attention to your thumb. There aren’t many teams, ever, in the NFL about which another team can say, “All we have to do is not bump into the furniture and we’ll win.’’ For a decade or so, the Bengals were one of those teams. Now it’s Kansas City’s turn.

Give Cincinnati credit for not playing down to the KC level, which at this point is somewhere in a hole in the ocean. “Diligent,’’ Marvin Lewis called his team’s effort. The Bengals set an early tone, and rode it easily to a 28-6 win.

That, right there, is painful to read. Even with glasses.

FAX

BlackHelicopters 11-19-2012 11:52 AM

The insight from these insiders is breathtaking.

gblowfish 11-19-2012 11:55 AM

Here's Reid the Red's Email:

RFerrin@kcchiefs.org

We should try to turn him into an agnostic by the Colts game!

tk13 11-19-2012 11:59 AM

If only Rufus Dawes would come out of retirement. I'd love to see a 2000 word essay about why Pioli needs 5 more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish 11-19-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9133339)
If only Rufus Dawes would come out of retirement. I'd love to see a 2000 word essay about why Pioli needs 5 more years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't tempt me....

Discuss Thrower 11-19-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9133339)
Posted via Mobile Device

I wonder if Carl really was Dawes all along..

gblowfish 11-19-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9133346)
I wonder if Carl really was Dawes all along..

Rufus Dawes was written by King Carl and Bob Moore, the PR guy at the time.

Discuss Thrower 11-19-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9133349)
Rufus Dawes was written by King Carl and Bob Moore, the PR guy at the time.

Not to have a hard-on for this, was this ever confirmed just besides the fact Rufus disappeared once Carl was canned?

gblowfish 11-19-2012 12:08 PM

There was no more Rufus once Carl got whacked. He was taken down from the website at that same time.

Discuss Thrower 11-19-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9133372)
There was no more Rufus once Carl got whacked. He was taken down from the website at that same time.

So I figured.

the Talking Can 11-19-2012 12:17 PM

3rd grade grammar