ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Games Gladiator Round 1, Match 16: RockChalk vs. big nasty kcnut (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246786)

Rain Man 07-05-2011 09:21 AM

Gladiator Round 1, Match 16: RockChalk vs. big nasty kcnut

RockChalk:

3 hand grenades

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 80 seconds

big nasty kcnut:

Crossbow and 6 bolts

Backup bowie knife

Prep time: 71 seconds

Venue:

A flat plain, no trees for miles in any direction, during a raging violent thunderstorm

Starting Distance: 14 feet

MOhillbilly 07-05-2011 09:24 AM

nut loads the arrow backwards and shoots himself. Unpossible you say!?! I think not.

Steron 07-05-2011 09:28 AM

In a raging violent storm I would think that loading a xbow quickly would be a nightmare. Pulling a pin on a grenade and semi-accurately tossing it 14 feet would be much easier (unless you're Matt Cassel) .

Winner = RockChalk

Bowser 07-05-2011 09:33 AM

Nut got a bad draw. Violent thunderstorms are going to royally screw up his ability to load, aim, and fire the crossbow, while RockChalk can just chuck the grenades in Nut's general vicinity, stun him, then gut him with the knife. RockChalk takes this one.

The Franchise 07-05-2011 09:34 AM

Nut doesn't stand a chance.

Bowser 07-05-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 7730209)
nut loads the arrow backwards and shoots himself. Unpossible you say!?! I think not.

:LOL:

Pants 07-05-2011 09:34 AM

Does kc nut have any experience with crossbows? Aren't they a bitch to load?

In either case, I'll go with RockChalk due to ease of use and effectiveness of grenades.

Rain Man 07-05-2011 10:09 AM

At a starting distance of 14 feet, if I'm kcnut I drop the crossbow, charge, and turn this into a knife fight.

At a starting distance of less than 25 feet or so, it comes down to whomever is best with a knife as long as kcnut doesn't give RockChalk a chance to throw his grenades. At 25 to 50 feet or so, advantage RockChalk in a big way. At 50 to 100 feet, RockChalk probably has an advantage. More than 100 feet it goes kcnut's way.

I think we have a knife fight, though.

loochy 07-05-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7730269)
I think we have a knife fight, though.

And believe me, nut can knife fight. He knows how to do stuffs.

DJ's left nut 07-05-2011 10:13 AM

Think about this for a moment, folks.

If we're in an open plain, in a driving thunderstorm, we're operating in raw mud.

Now if RC throws the grenade any distance, it's going to bury itself in the mud (Those MFers are very heavy). The mud will take up a lot of the concussive impact and there are no trees around to create shrapnel.

I'm thinking RC wastes his first couple of grenades making large mudholes, and that's only if Nut tries to increase the distance first (which RC will likely allow, given that he doesn't want to blow himself up).

As for a the crossbow - the modern style ones aren't really that tough to load. You set it in a groove and use something of a lever action to ratchet it back. RC can't exactly throw one of those grenades when they're operating in close quarters so Nut can try to keep him at a distance of 10-20 feet for a bit while loading the bolt.

I'm going with Nut on this one.

Pants 07-05-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7730281)
Think about this for a moment, folks.

If we're in an open plain, in a driving thunderstorm, we're operating in raw mud.

Now if RC throws the grenade any distance, it's going to bury itself in the mud (Those MFers are very heavy). The mud will take up a lot of the concussive impact and there are no trees around to create shrapnel.

I'm thinking RC wastes his first couple of grenades making large mudholes, and that's only if Nut tries to increase the distance first (which RC will likely allow, given that he doesn't want to blow himself up).

As for a the crossbow - the modern style ones aren't really that tough to load. You set it in a groove and use something of a lever action to ratchet it back. RC can't exactly throw one of those grenades when they're operating in close quarters so Nut can try to keep him at a distance of 10-20 feet for a bit while loading the bolt.

I'm going with Nut on this one.

Umm no, the grenade itself will create enough shrapnel to incapacitate kc nut, you don't need any ****ing trees, lol.

loochy 07-05-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7730284)
Umm no, the grenade itself will create enough shrapnel to incapacitate kc nut, you don't need any ****ing trees, lol.

Lol!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uplo...1247612513.jpg

DJ's left nut 07-05-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7730284)

Not if it's buried in mud and not if KC doesn't open the gap (they're starting at 14 ft).

seclark 07-05-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7730287)

nut would eat that shit like potato chips.
sec

Pants 07-05-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7730293)
Not if it's buried in mud and not if KC doesn't open the gap (they're starting at 14 ft).

Yes, the grenades become ineffective in rainy conditions on the battlefield. :facepalm:

I'm pretty sure the explosive force of a grenade is such that it would be enough for it go through some mud and into kc nut's vital organs.