ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Lattimore met with Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269195)

the Talking Can 01-22-2013 05:57 PM

Lattimore met with Chiefs

Quote:

Lattimore, the South Carolina running back who suffered a gruesome right knee injury in an October win over Tennessee, said a check-up with Dr. James Andrews a couple weeks ago gave him hope he’ll be ready for the start of the 2013 season.

“When Dr. Andrews came in and seen me, he said 'You’re doing remarkable, you’re doing everything you can,' ” Lattimore said. “His words was, ‘You’re going to shock the world.’ That’s what Dr. Andrews said.”

Lattimore, who tore the ACL in his left knee in 2011, was widely considered the best running back in college football before enduring an injury so disturbing he was only able to watch it once on replay.

Still, Lattimore said he never considered he might have played his last game.

“I feel like 80 percent of it is mental,” he said. “If you don’t do your rehab, if you keep asking yourself, ‘Why me?’ your knee reacts. You have to stay positive or you’re not going to come back.”

Lattimore, who stopped by Senior Bowl practice today, said he’s already met with the Jaguars, Bengals and Chiefs among other teams – he hasn’t spoken with the Lions yet – but doesn’t have much feel for where he’ll go in the draft.
http://www.freep.com/article/2013012...xt|FRONTPAGE|s

ChiefsCountry 01-22-2013 06:00 PM

Wood. Chiefs would be a perfect spot for him to land. No to need to rush him since we have Charles, then add him to the mix when its right.

Nightfyre 01-22-2013 06:03 PM

He's a perfect mid to late round flier. We can afford to start him on the PUP or IR as needed.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 06:06 PM

I agree. If he were healthy, he would be in the top 5 of this class.

ModSocks 01-22-2013 06:52 PM

Lattimore would be a helluva BPA pick in the later rounds.

Pablo 01-22-2013 07:42 PM

I don't know how far he'll fall; but he has tremendous upside. You have to pull for a kid with that much talent, going through this much bullshit.

I'm on board.

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 07:52 PM

He's not going to fall that far. If we were able to use the Carr comp. pick on him, that would be a solid gamble in my view.

Pablo 01-22-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342755)
He's not going to fall that far. If we were able to use the Carr comp. pick on him, that would be a solid gamble in my view.

3rd rounder, correct?

If that's the case I agree wholeheartedly.

He's a complete back and could be a fantastic compliment to Charles, especially as he hits the twilight of his career.

SAUTO 01-22-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9342755)

Yep. Probably right around where he will go
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-22-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9342763)
3rd rounder, correct?

If that's the case I agree wholeheartedly.

He's a complete back and could be a fantastic compliment to Charles, especially as he hits the twilight of his career.

Yep. Bit of a risk, but just too damn much upside not to make the commitment.

O.city 01-22-2013 07:58 PM

Yeah e was injured but the risk of giving up an extra third rounder on a talent like that is a no brainer IMO

Especially with modern medicine

BossChief 01-22-2013 09:43 PM

I know he is a big time talent, but I don't think I would spend much more than our 4th rounder on any running back that has torn both ACLs in the last two years.

InChiefsHeaven 01-22-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9343205)
I know he is a big time talent, but I don't think I would spend much more than our 4th rounder on any running back that has torn both ACLs in the last two years.

But don't they say the ACL usually comes back stronger after the surgery? That being the case, dude has two really strong ACLs now...

Mecca 01-22-2013 10:47 PM

If you can IR him for a year he'll be fine, lucky for him his game isn't speed.

DaneMcCloud 01-22-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9343205)

Frank Gore