ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Crying kids at restaurants (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315557)

Gravedigger 05-28-2018 12:50 PM

Kids in movie theaters, kids in restaurants, kids on airplanes, old people driving, it's all the same kind of annoying.

Randallflagg 05-28-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13571285)
Well, this would have happened around 1970. It was clearly a different time.

It most definitely isn't the 70s any longer - and that's too bad.

I got exactly 2 "Whippings" in my life. One by my Dad and one by my Mother. I deserved them both. We were raised (in the 50s and 60s) to believe that kids were to be "seen and not heard". Today? Kids have "rights". ROFL

And, the other posters are correct. Do that today (in public) and you will most likely be sent to Guantanamo for "terrorism".

Flying High D 05-28-2018 01:43 PM

All the kids I grew up that were worshipped by their parents didn’t turn out so good.

tooge 05-28-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13572278)
Nope. I’m also not one of the guys who brings a huge speaker and drowns out all conversation around me or the guy who drinks a thirty pack of Bud Light and murders someone sleeping in my car.

I’m the guy with extra food and whiskey for anyone who shows up.

You sound like a good host then

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-28-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13571491)
It's getting worse. I've seen two separate fat people riding segways down the sidewalk, presumably on their way home from work or school.

This country is going to be so fat in 20 years.

It doesn't help when fat people are told it is OK to be fat or fat is beautiful.

banecat 05-28-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 13572411)
It doesn't help when fat people are told it is OK to be fat or fat is beautiful.

But it's funny. Can it be done with a straight face?

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-28-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banecat (Post 13572413)
But it's funny. Can it be done with a straight face?

I am sure it can.

Heck in my college dorm hallway, there was a poster proclaiming such a thing.

I laughed for a good minute.

Ming the Merciless 05-28-2018 03:19 PM

I know when im seeking peace of mind and solace i.usually go to crowded breakfast places and pancake houses

Its practice for zen buddhism

sedated 05-28-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13571589)
I'm not usually one to complain about such things, but the last time I went to the theater [Force Awakens]. It was really nice with barcaloungers and whatnot [B&B's, Lee's Summit].

But the concessions apparently sell their nachos with the chips in those clear crinkly bags.

Throughout the entire first half of the movie I heard every moment of the consumption of a plate of nachos from the person in the lounger next to me.

The crinkle,
the grasp,
the pull,
the dip,
the chomp,
the chew.

Dear Lord, did it set me on edge.

I mention it largely because it arose out of the theater's concession decisions, not the particular fault of the customer.

Im pretty surprised people dont realize how annoying chip bags are. A temp in our office loved eating Fritos from the bag. I spent an excessive amount of my work day planning how I was going to kill him.

Rain Man 05-28-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 13572455)
Im pretty surprised people dont realize how annoying chip bags are. A temp in our office loved eating Fritos from the bag. I spent an excessive amount of my work day planning how I was going to kill him.

I do focus groups, and we give people a meal or snacks when they participate.
We specifically ban certain types of food based on their wrapper and/or crunchiness. They completely screw up the recording and observation.

RealSNR 05-28-2018 05:37 PM

Guys I went to Chuck E Cheese for a nice pizza dinner and I was appalled by all the running and screaming kids. This one family had a baby that screamed the ENTIRE time I was there!

Parenting has gone way downhill!

BucEyedPea 05-28-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13572491)
I do focus groups, and we give people a meal or snacks when they participate.
We specifically ban certain types of food based on their wrapper and/or crunchiness. They completely screw up the recording and observation.

No bubble gum either, I imagine?

Baby Lee 05-28-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13572543)
Guys I went to Chuck E Cheese for a nice pizza dinner and I was appalled by all the running and screaming kids. This one family had a baby that screamed the ENTIRE time I was there!

Parenting has gone way downhill!

Don't go in the bathroom.

Rain Man 05-28-2018 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 13572580)
No bubble gum either, I imagine?

No bubble gum either, and we only use plastic spittoons for tobacco chaws. Brass resonates.

Valiant 05-28-2018 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13571954)
Actually, I’m complaining about the non acting parent. Kids will be kids. Mine cried at restaurants but I dealt with it.
This is an interesting social examining thread. Half the people are like “ deal with the idiots that make life miserable for others”, and half are like “ those idiots need to deal with the reason they make life miserable for others”. Interesting

Yeah it is showing why we have the problems we do now.

The only answer is get up with your child and go outside until they calm down. You as a responsible parent should not ruin other people's experience. Unless it is a kids establishment like Chucky cheese, get up and go outside and/or get your food to go.

These are the same people that allow their kids to make huge messes or destroy aisles in stores. Never their fault.