ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Patriots @ Broncos - who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296260)

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:14 PM

Patriots @ Broncos - who wins?

Tex, Pasta, others... don't worry, this isn't a divisional preview. :)

Since the outcome of this game weighs heavy on some of your plans for KC running the table and supplanting Denver as the divisional winner, I figured I would start this thread to be the place for all the game chatter this week.

In another thread, Amnorix and I both have stated that neither of us expects our team to win this one... he gives NE a 50/50 chance thanks in large part to the OL and injuries. And, I get it. I had this pegged as a "very winnable" game with a healthy Peyton Manning, but that was well before 9 TD / 17 INT Manning reared his ugly head.

Brock gets the start and that's never a good thing for a young guy against this coach and that QB. Location and the Denver defense gives me reason for hope, but the Patriots have a sweet defense as well and as long as they have Tom Brady and the Gronk - they can win.

The Broncos should have Sanders back and offensively, they have a lot of options with DT, Sanders, Daniels, Davis, Hillman, Anderson (among others) - they're deep. Question is, how will the Patriots game plan to stop Kubiak's offense. It won't be a mystery really, but they don't have much to go on with Brock... however, they'll be ready and they'll give him fits.

And, they're still undefeated... they're a pretty good team. :# Overall, Brady is 5-5 vs Denver and has a losing record in Denver (I believe)... again, nothing more than just historical reference there.

I've gone back and forth on scores and while you can call it reverse mojo, it's not ... but I think the Patriots win this one 23-17.

I do think that Brock enters this game with less pressure than last week @ Chicago, only because it's my belief that the team 'hoped' they could win this game with a healthy Manning and that's not possible... so Brock, has lower expectations (hopefully).

So, since this is critical to KC's drive to reach 10/11 wins and knock Denver from the lead... what are the thoughts from the KC faithful?

Enjoy...

ModSocks 11-24-2015 02:16 PM

If the Donks actually had a running game, this would be a bad matchup for the Pats. It still kinda is.

The Donk D should smoother those receivers. The Pats will need to get that running game going.

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 02:19 PM

Pats blow them out. They have a great front 7 and will stop an average donk running game. Denver is going to struggle to score points. Billy always destroys Wade and Kubiak scheming and despite a shit OL they will have success moving the ball on Denver. I am hoping a bunch of money comes in on Denver once media hypes Patriot injuries and the line drops. I am putting the farm and all the cows on Patriots.

26-10 Pats.

New World Order 11-24-2015 02:20 PM

Denver. Why didn't you make this a poll?

Lzen 11-24-2015 02:20 PM

Pats

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11904510)
If the Donks actually had a running game, this would be a bad matchup for the Pats. It still kinda is.

The Donk D should smoother those receivers. The Pats will need to get that running game going.

They did have 37 rush attempts for a 4.7 average last week. It's the Bears, I get it... but they ran an offense that is more in line to what Kubiak loves to do and they have 2 healthy guys carrying the rock.

That was Hillman's third 100+ yard game and Anderson has one as well, so it's nothing to write home about. But, it's not putrid.

Denver ran the ball 37 times compared to 27 passing and the TEs caught 11 of 12 passes for another 130 yards - with 170 yards rushing, that's a nice offense that effectively moves the ball.

They should have scored a TD when they went for it on 4th, but Brock's 27 size shoe tripped Hillman up at the 2. Oh well.

It will be an interesting one, I hope and one that Denver's defense keeps close as Denver's offense works through week #2 with Brock.

GloucesterChief 11-24-2015 02:22 PM

"It's a pity that both can't lose."

ModSocks 11-24-2015 02:24 PM

The Pats will expose Assweilder for what he is, a marginal game manager. You'd have to be a Donk homer to have come away from that Chicago game thinking anything else.

I'd imagine they'll play Assweilder the same way they played Taylor. Lots of zone.

TLO 11-24-2015 02:24 PM

Patriots

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 11904526)
Denver. Why didn't you make this a poll?

ROFL Yeah, we're missing something by not seeing those results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11904538)
The Pats will expose Assweilder for what he is, a marginal game manager. You'd have to be a Donk homer to have come away from that Chicago game thinking anything else.

I'd imagine they'll play Assweilder the same way they played Taylor. Lots of zone.

It was one game... he looked good, nothing more and nothing less at this point.

ModSocks 11-24-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904534)
They did have 37 rush attempts for a 4.7 average last week. It's the Bears, I get it... but they ran an offense that is more in line to what Kubiak loves to do and they have 2 healthy guys carrying the rock.

That was Hillman's third 100+ yard game and Anderson has one as well, so it's nothing to write home about. But, it's not putrid.

Denver ran the ball 37 times compared to 27 passing and the TEs caught 11 of 12 passes for another 130 yards - with 170 yards rushing, that's a nice offense that effectively moves the ball.

They should have scored a TD when they went for it on 4th, but Brock's 27 size shoe tripped Hillman up at the 2. Oh well.

It will be an interesting one, I hope and one that Denver's defense keeps close as Denver's offense works through week #2 with Brock.

I did notice their running game was effective. But i stand by what i said yesterday: That Bears passing D was atrocious on Sunday. They didn't show up. They were leaving receivers wide the **** open and allowing a lot of YAC.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11904548)
I did notice their running game was effective. But i stand by what i said yesterday: That Bears passing D was atrocious on Sunday. They didn't show up. They were leaving receivers wide the **** open and allowing a lot of YAC.

They're like top 5 in yards given up and something like 23rd in TDs given up. They're not elite.

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904534)

The Patriot DL and LB are going to destroy that awful OL that Denver has. Denver has guys starting on the OL that have no business getting a check from the NFL. Pats have a good collection of high draft picks that will eat the Schofield/Harris/Polumbus/paradis of the world alive.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 11904553)
The Patriot DL and LB are going to destroy that awful OL that Denver has. Denver has guys starting on the OL that have no business getting a check from the NFL. Pats have a good collection of high draft picks that will eat the Schofield/Harris/Polumbus/paradis of the world alive.

The OL has been an issue all year... again, no arguments from me on the state of Denver's OL. My hope is that Denver can do the same things to the Patriots.

Amnorix 11-24-2015 02:34 PM

I can't ever bet against the Pats/BB/Brady. I'll go with Patriots 20, Donx 16.

But I do think it will be close, I think both offenses will look pretty ugly, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots lost. If they win, though, they get a bye locked up, with a probable #1 seed, so it's critical that we win.

MIAdragon 11-24-2015 02:36 PM

It's not even close.

stevieray 11-24-2015 02:37 PM

Is this a trick question?

I will never root for the Donx

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904577)
I can't ever bet against the Pats/BB/Brady. I'll go with Patriots 20, Donx 16.

But I do think it will be close, I think both offenses will look pretty ugly, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots lost. If they win, though, they get a bye locked up, with a probable #1 seed, so it's critical that we win.

Win or loss the #1 seed is theirs.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 11904588)

Agreed. And, Stevieray --- never asked who you were rooting for in this one.

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904560)
The OL has been an issue all year... again, no arguments from me on the state of Denver's OL. My hope is that Denver can do the same things to the Patriots.

Problem is that the Denver D is very undisciplined and make many mental mistakes leading to big plays every game. Denver D is extremely overrated and haven't been that great since the headlines had them labeled as an all time great. Happens every year some D is compared to 85 bears/00 Ravens and recently it was the Chiefs a couple years ago and the 2006/09 Broncos. Patriots D does not give up the stupid blown coverage's like Denver does and Wade doesn't have the ability or the nuts to play like Rex did last night.. Patriots coaching and scheming is such a huge advantage for them over Denver.

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11904587)
Is this a trick question?

I will never root for the Donx

Heh, no shit.

I'd cheer for ISIS over Denver. :D

Potato 11-24-2015 02:44 PM

Denver. 20-3

The refs can't keep it close.

TEX 11-24-2015 02:45 PM

Wretched Scum Pats - 29
Cheating Donx - 13

Wait/What? :D

RealSNR 11-24-2015 02:47 PM

I'm rooting for the meteor.

Iconic 11-24-2015 02:47 PM

Lol Pats... like come on. Is this even...

TLO 11-24-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...doggystyle.gif

TLO 11-24-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11904614)
I'm rooting for the meteor.

This seems like the nicest, most well rounded answer of all. :clap: PBJ

Amnorix 11-24-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

I think that is likely, based on the remaining schedule. But the win seals the deal. A loss leaves room for doubt.

Rain Man 11-24-2015 02:55 PM

Before I can answer, I need to know which players from each team are currently suspended for cheating or cheap shots.

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904621)
A loss leaves room for doubt.

Not really. Denver/Cincy have a loss because they play and I can see both of them losing 1 or two more. Pats fans have zero to worry about.

The Franchise 11-24-2015 02:57 PM

Nobody.

Nobody ****ing wins.

Rausch 11-24-2015 02:57 PM

Pats...

Amnorix 11-24-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11904631)
Before I can answer, I need to know which players from each team are currently suspended for cheating or cheap shots.

No Patriots player has ever missed a game for cheating or cheap shots that I can think of.

The Franchise 11-24-2015 03:10 PM

Broncos - Cheapshot Artists
Patriots - Cheaters

Amnorix 11-24-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11904671)
Patriots - Cheaters

Only because you bought what the NFL has spun, out of ignorance and pride.

O.city 11-24-2015 03:11 PM

Asteroid always win

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11904675)
Asteroid always win

We all lose.

The Franchise 11-24-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904674)
Only because you bought what the NFL has spun, out of ignorance and pride.

http://d13beo3f7vpmvd.cloudfront.net...te-728x400.png

Amnorix 11-24-2015 03:21 PM

Easy peasy.

Tuck rule was a rule. A crappy one, but still a rule.

Spygate was NOT a rule until 2006. Patriots did not win a SB "because of" any rulebreaking involved in Spygate.

Vinatieri was a player. A damn good one. Did any other SB winning QB **NOT** have other great players making great plays on his team?

Deflategate is bullshit spun out of the fact that nobody at the NFL understood that the Ideal Gas Law even existed, nor did it affect any games won by the Patriots.

But hey, nice try!

Shaid 11-24-2015 03:30 PM

Patriots win. I could see Brady having a few issues since his receiving corps is decimated but in the end, he'll deflate the ball just enough to get the win.

TEX 11-24-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11904685)

:clap: ROFL REP!

TribalElder 11-24-2015 03:33 PM

Cheatriots will find out the name of the first guy who dumped Cock AssWelder and taunt him all game long until he shits the bed. That's just how they roll, expect something filthy to rattle Cock AssWelder

Toby Waller 11-24-2015 04:12 PM

Broncos win.

The Pats are injured pretty bad all over and Brady got knocked down a lot.
They didnt score that much against a team who's defense isnt as statistically good as Denver's is. Denver just won on the Road. Theres nothing wrong with Denver compared to Patriots and the so called back up QB is proving to be efficient.
Tom Brady will lose to the OZWIZARD OF DENVER

keg in kc 11-24-2015 04:16 PM

This is rhetorical right? Patriots in a landslide.

stevieray 11-24-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904592)
Agreed. And, Stevieray --- never asked who you were rooting for in this one.

already answered, Mr. 430' High Mania

eDave 11-24-2015 04:30 PM

Pats didn't look great last night. We'll see how good Brock Star is.

OctoberFart 11-24-2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904698)
Deflategate is bullshit spun out of the fact that nobody at the NFL understood that the Ideal Gas Law even existed, nor did it affect any games won by the Patriots.

But hey, nice try!

Amazing how the ideal gas law only affected one teams balls. Even though Tuck rule was a rule, Brady fumbled that ball in that game. He was trying to tuck it away when he was stripped. Tuck rule is supposed to be when ball comes out on a pump fake not that BS that happened.

MahiMike 11-24-2015 04:35 PM

I'm going Broncos here. The injury tipping point for the pats plus game in Denver is the edge here.

Amnorix 11-24-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 11904865)
Amazing how the ideal gas law only affected one teams balls.

:LOL: First, you seem to be suggesting that a LAW OF PHYSICS did NOT affect the Colts balls. Yeah, that makes sense! Did you even think of what you were saying before you said it?

Second, you won't bother, but here is a lengthy presentation by a Eagles fan, and MIT scientist, explaining how the Patriots balls were in line with the ideal gas law, and the Colts balls were higher due to the fact that the Patriots balls were tested first upon return to the locker room.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/jleonard...ate_final2.pdf

Since you won't read it, here's a portion of the summary:

Quote:

Summary:

• Patriots balls match the Ideal Gas Law Prediction

• Agreement is well within the measurement accuracy of the gauges used and other unknowns

• Instead of asking why the Pats balls were too low, the question is why the Colts balls were too high?

• Simple explanation (AEI): Pats balls measured at the start of halftime while the Colts balls were measured at end of halftime (after warming up)

• The lower PSI levels are further explained by the effect of wetness (volume increase) and wind (evaporative cooling) on the Pats balls, and also the effect of the balls being kept in a bag before being measured (M. Greenway)
Quote:

Conclusion

• Based on extensive study of all the data and analyses that I can find, I am convinced that no deflation occurred and the Patriots are innocent

• The underlying physics are simple, yet the simplicity was obscured by a needlessly complex and biased analysis

• There are numerous flaws in Exponent’s methodology and its report
Quote:

1 Even though Tuck rule was a rule, Brady fumbled that ball in that game. He was trying to tuck it away when he was stripped. Tuck rule is supposed to be when ball comes out on a pump fake not that BS that happened.

Yeah, that was part of the point of the tuck rule. It was designed to REMOVE ambiguity and decision-making and "intent". That's why it existed in the first place. They subsequently eliminated the rule, but don't pretend that the Pats/Raiders playoff game is the only time it was ever called. It had been around for quite a while before then, and lasted for a good number of years afterwards.

Hatin' bitches gotta hate.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 05:14 PM

Not this rabbit hole...

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 11904866)
I'm going Broncos here. The injury tipping point for the pats plus game in Denver is the edge here.

I want to believe in that as well... it would put the entire fandom on a Brocky Mountain High. (rock me)

MagicHef 11-24-2015 05:22 PM

A lot of our defensive success has depended on the ability to rotate players often. I don't see why Brady and Belechick would allow us to continue to do that.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 05:29 PM

They'll probably be tight lipped on Amendola all week... but with the depleted weapons, it makes it easier for Denver to key in on Gronk and focus on pressuring Brady.

Third down conversions have dropped the last 3 weeks as they've lost key players. 9/16 three weeks ago, 7/14 two weeks ago and 4/14 last night. That's significant, but despite that - they're still scoring TDs (3, 3, 2 respectively).

Brady will get his yards - I think he's averaging 280 or so ... but what can they do rushing the ball this week? That's critical.

Wade has to get that defense dialed up to take Gronk out of the planning... that isn't done consistently, but with limited options - I'm all for them sticking 2 of their best on him. Let Jaleel White (or whatever his name is) get open a time or two, just don't let Gronk beat you on critical downs.

Amendola grabbed 19 of his 23 targets in the last 2 games, filling in admirably for Edleman. If he is out - that's massive.

I can't recall, but LaFell was hurt too right? Either way, he's an ok guy, but not a ball breaker without help to open things up.

Blount will get all the carries, bottle him up... if Ware is back (crossing fingers), then they can really dial it up in this game.

I'm eagerly awaiting Sunday night... expecting the worst, but eagerly waiting. If it were any other team and any other QB, I'd say Denver wins this one.

Amnorix 11-24-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904948)
They'll probably be tight lipped on Amendola all week... but with the depleted weapons, it makes it easier for Denver to key in on Gronk and focus on pressuring Brady.

Third down conversions have dropped the last 3 weeks as they've lost key players. 9/16 three weeks ago, 7/14 two weeks ago and 4/14 last night. That's significant, but despite that - they're still scoring TDs (3, 3, 2 respectively).

Brady will get his yards - I think he's averaging 280 or so ... but what can they do rushing the ball this week? That's critical.

Wade has to get that defense dialed up to take Gronk out of the planning... that isn't done consistently, but with limited options - I'm all for them sticking 2 of their best on him. Let Jaleel White (or whatever his name is) get open a time or two, just don't let Gronk beat you on critical downs.

Amendola grabbed 19 of his 23 targets in the last 2 games, filling in admirably for Edleman. If he is out - that's massive.

I can't recall, but LaFell was hurt too right? Either way, he's an ok guy, but not a ball breaker without help to open things up.

Blount will get all the carries, bottle him up... if Ware is back (crossing fingers), then they can really dial it up in this game.

I'm eagerly awaiting Sunday night... expecting the worst, but eagerly waiting. If it were any other team and any other QB, I'd say Denver wins this one.

LaFell is back, and playing his way slowly back into usefulness. He missed ALL of the preseason -- training camp, OTAs, preseason, everything, so it's like August for him in terms of conditioning, timing, etc. His impact so far this year has been minimal. He should be much more effective come the playoffs.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904958)
LaFell is back, and playing his way slowly back into usefulness. He missed ALL of the preseason -- training camp, OTAs, preseason, everything, so it's like August for him in terms of conditioning, timing, etc. His impact so far this year has been minimal. He should be much more effective come the playoffs.

Yeah, like I said... I'm cautiously optimistic, but expecting the Patriots to pull out the win. Mentally, I'm in self-preservation mode the rest of the way. I wasn't expecting a SB win this season... hopeful, but not expecting.

They were winning in spite of Manning's performance and now they're sitting at 8-2. Thankfully, Brock didn't fall on his ass in Chicago, so he gives me some optimism that he can lead the offense that Kubiak wants now.

Worst case, they still enter the playoffs, likely as the 3 seed and they have a decision to make at QB at that time or possibly before.

Win or lose, I'm not going to freak out this week. If Denver cannot beat this Patriots team with their injuries, then it just wasn't supposed to happen. It's a long time until the playoffs, they have some things to work out and a lot of nice players on both sides of the ball.

If they can beat the Patriots - then party on, Wayne and it's on to the Chargers and Raiders, both games they 'should' win.

8-3 or 9-2, either one works fine for me after this weekend.

Mile High Mania 11-24-2015 05:50 PM

And, with Thanksgiving around the corner... I'll be away a bit. As should most of you, go find your family and friends and enjoy yourselves.

All the trash talk and noise aside, I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving - if you're traveling, be safe. If you're partying, call a cab or an Uber.

Take care.

Bwana 11-24-2015 05:55 PM

Pats

Toby Waller 11-24-2015 06:12 PM

Add a poll

Toby Waller 11-24-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904979)
And, with Thanksgiving around the corner... I'll be away a bit. As should most of you, go find your family and friends and enjoy yourselves.

All the trash talk and noise aside, I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving - if you're traveling, be safe. If you're partying, call a cab or an Uber.

Take care.

same to you. It appears I cant give reputation either :cuss:

Amnorix 11-24-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11904936)
A lot of our defensive success has depended on the ability to rotate players often. I don't see why Brady and Belechick would allow us to continue to do that.

They, uhh, won't, most likely.

But this isn't 4 weeks ago. Back then I think they would've done about the same as they did against Buffalo on you. Five wide, and let you figure out how to deal with Gronk/Edelman/Amendola/Lewis/whoever and how to get to Brady within 2 seconds by which point he has released the ball. Soon your pass rush is gassed and feeling depressed because 2 seconds isn't enough time to do anything.

Now, we can't get guys open nearly as fast, Brady has to hold the ball longer, which gives the pass rush more of a chance, etc. etc.

ping2000 11-24-2015 06:59 PM

0-0 tie with numerous injuries?

Coochie liquor 11-24-2015 07:00 PM

Pats.

Rausch 11-24-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904979)

I can do one or the other.

Not both...

OctoberFart 11-25-2015 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904908)
:LOL: First, you seem to be suggesting that a LAW OF PHYSICS did NOT affect the Colts balls. Yeah, that makes sense! Did you even think of what you were saying before you said it?

Second, you won't bother, but here is a lengthy presentation by a Eagles fan, and MIT scientist, explaining how the Patriots balls were in line with the ideal gas law, and the Colts balls were higher due to the fact that the Patriots balls were tested first upon return to the locker room.

Yeah, that was part of the point of the tuck rule. It was designed to REMOVE ambiguity and decision-making and "intent". That's why it existed in the first place. They subsequently eliminated the rule, but don't pretend that the Pats/Raiders playoff game is the only time it was ever called. It had been around for quite a while before then, and lasted for a good number of years afterwards.

Patriot excuses run deep.

Toby Waller 11-25-2015 03:35 AM

ESPN Playoff machine...I would like to start a thread and link it but of course I cant .......

TribalElder 11-25-2015 03:52 AM

Cock Asswielder is gonna get crushed

TimeForWasp 11-25-2015 03:55 AM

Donkeys lose. Chiefs win the Division.

Rausch 11-25-2015 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 11905617)

It's not called an excuse when you do it right.

It's called a reason...

Amnorix 11-25-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OctoberFart (Post 11905617)

Facts. They can be a pain in the ass.

Chiefs Pantalones 11-25-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11904506)
Tex, Pasta, others... don't worry, this isn't a divisional preview. :)

Since the outcome of this game weighs heavy on some of your plans for KC running the table and supplanting Denver as the divisional winner, I figured I would start this thread to be the place for all the game chatter this week.

In another thread, Amnorix and I both have stated that neither of us expects our team to win this one... he gives NE a 50/50 chance thanks in large part to the OL and injuries. And, I get it. I had this pegged as a "very winnable" game with a healthy Peyton Manning, but that was well before 9 TD / 17 INT Manning reared his ugly head.

Brock gets the start and that's never a good thing for a young guy against this coach and that QB. Location and the Denver defense gives me reason for hope, but the Patriots have a sweet defense as well and as long as they have Tom Brady and the Gronk - they can win.

The Broncos should have Sanders back and offensively, they have a lot of options with DT, Sanders, Daniels, Davis, Hillman, Anderson (among others) - they're deep. Question is, how will the Patriots game plan to stop Kubiak's offense. It won't be a mystery really, but they don't have much to go on with Brock... however, they'll be ready and they'll give him fits.

And, they're still undefeated... they're a pretty good team. :# Overall, Brady is 5-5 vs Denver and has a losing record in Denver (I believe)... again, nothing more than just historical reference there.

I've gone back and forth on scores and while you can call it reverse mojo, it's not ... but I think the Patriots win this one 23-17.

I do think that Brock enters this game with less pressure than last week @ Chicago, only because it's my belief that the team 'hoped' they could win this game with a healthy Manning and that's not possible... so Brock, has lower expectations (hopefully).

So, since this is critical to KC's drive to reach 10/11 wins and knock Denver from the lead... what are the thoughts from the KC faithful?

Enjoy...

What usually happens when the Pats play a football game, especially against a team they're better than like the Broncos? Pats win.

JD10367 11-25-2015 07:31 AM

Patriots have very little hope of winning this game. They just almost lost, at home, to a team in the Bills that is much worse than Denver. The Broncos' D is better than Buffalo's, the Broncos' O is better than Buffalo's, the game is in the mile-high thin air, and one of the main weapons the Pats used against Buffalo (Danny Amendola) will either be out or useless. The Broncs will use the same game plan: double Gronk and then put 8 in the box to stuff the run and pressure Brady because there is no one to throw the ball to (even one on one, the Pats have no WRs so whoever they use--LaFell, whoever--will have no shot). The Pats can't run the ball without a threat of a passing game. If the Pats had another short yardage target they could move the ball, but the only pass catcher left is TE Chandler who has shown to be woefully inadequate for some reason (which is baffling, because he was pretty good before he got to New England but just can't hang onto the ball here). Because the Pats' D is pretty good they'll keep it close, but the Broncos will win an ugly game, something like 23-16.

Amnorix 11-25-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11905703)
Patriots have very little hope of winning this game. They just almost lost, at home, to a team in the Bills that is much worse than Denver. The Broncos' D is better than Buffalo's, the Broncos' O is better than Buffalo's, the game is in the mile-high thin air, and one of the main weapons the Pats used against Buffalo (Danny Amendola) will either be out or useless. The Broncs will use the same game plan: double Gronk and then put 8 in the box to stuff the run and pressure Brady because there is no one to throw the ball to (even one on one, the Pats have no WRs so whoever they use--LaFell, whoever--will have no shot). The Pats can't run the ball without a threat of a passing game. If the Pats had another short yardage target they could move the ball, but the only pass catcher left is TE Chandler who has shown to be woefully inadequate for some reason (which is baffling, because he was pretty good before he got to New England but just can't hang onto the ball here). Because the Pats' D is pretty good they'll keep it close, but the Broncos will win an ugly game, something like 23-16.

The one thing is that nobody spins the dial on those blitz packages like Rex. He has always had the ability to frustrate the crap out of Brady and the OLine in terms of blitz recognition and pickup, and even just bailing out on what looks like a blitz.

That isn't really a Wade Phillips thing, and not a thing that can be taught in a week I don't believe.

But yeah, low 20s for one team, teens for the other. Who wins? Who knows. A key play here or there, especially on special teams, could swing the entire game. I agree it will probably look pretty ugly.

(and if you're just doing the reverse jinx think, then cool. :thumb: :D )

Mother****erJones 11-25-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smellypitts (Post 11905011)
same to you. It appears I cant give reputation either :cuss:

No 1 curr

JD10367 11-25-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11905708)
The one thing is that nobody spins the dial on those blitz packages like Rex. He has always had the ability to frustrate the crap out of Brady and the OLine in terms of blitz recognition and pickup, and even just bailing out on what looks like a blitz.

Apparently the Bills only truly blitzed ten times and when they did Brady killed them. But Amendola was a large part of that.

On the bright side, a lot of the Pats' suckitude was due to the horrific Marcus Cannon at LT. Let's hope Belichick is done with that shit and puts Vollmer over there, which will help the O's production (not to mention save Brady's life).

KCCHIEFS27 11-25-2015 09:28 AM

Tom Brady is 5-1 against wade phillips as the d-coordinator. Lucky for the broncos I believe that osweiler us a damn good qb. Broncos win.

loochy 11-25-2015 09:29 AM

Pats of course...the Donks won't score enough

Amnorix 11-25-2015 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 11905781)
Apparently the Bills only truly blitzed ten times and when they did Brady killed them. But Amendola was a large part of that.

On the bright side, a lot of the Pats' suckitude was due to the horrific Marcus Cannon at LT. Let's hope Belichick is done with that shit and puts Vollmer over there, which will help the O's production (not to mention save Brady's life).

I can't for the life of me undersand why BB likes Cannon. Dude sucks. And yet we gave him near-starter money to be a swing backup. But...he sucks!

Then again, I thought the same thing about Josh Kline last year and now he's perfectly good.

But damn Cannon blows!

Amnorix 11-25-2015 09:44 AM

Cannon sucking

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUpUqIqWoAA2fTC.mp4

and another one:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CUi79XMWIAAKObp.mp4

OctoberFart 11-25-2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11905691)
Facts. They can be a pain in the ass.

Yep straight from the official investigation and from the scientific engineer/physics professor that studied the case.

Source: Wells Report
The science

■ Investigators hired Exponent, a scientific and engineering consulting firm, and Dr. Daniel R. Marlow, a physics professor at Princeton University, to spearhead the scientific aspects of the case.

■ Exponent found that the loss of air pressure in the Patriots’ footballs could not be explained by any “environmental or physical factors.” The firm accounted for temperature, weather conditions, football actions, functionality, and reliability of the gauges used, and human error.

None of the tests, according to the report, could account for such a “statistically significant” loss of air pressure, which was on average 0.45 to 1.02 less than the Colts’ footballs at halftime.

“This absence of a credible scientific explanation for the Patriots’ halftime measurements tends to support a finding that human intervention may account for the additional loss of pressure exhibited by the Patriots balls,” the report reads.

■ The firm found that a needle can be inserted to release air from 13 footballs in “well under one minute and forty seconds,” the time the report states McNally spent in the bathroom with the footballs after taking them from the officials locker room before the game. Exponent, however, didn’t definitively conclude “there was or was not tampering” based solely on its timing simulations. “The analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumptions and information that is uncertain,” the report reads.

■ Exponent created the same game-day conditions that existed on Jan. 18 and ran experiments to try to achieve the same loss of pressure as the Patriots footballs. It didn’t happen. “Exponent concluded that the average pressures recorded for the Patriots game balls during halftime of the AFC Championship Game were lower than the lowest average pressures attained by the simulations,” the report reads.

MagicHef 11-25-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11904908)

That presentation is a perfect example of shaping the data to meet a pre-determined conclusion.