ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Wife clogged up the damn kitchen sink.... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267413)

baitism 12-05-2012 10:52 PM

Wife clogged up the damn kitchen sink....

With leftover shit from Thanksgiving after putting it down the garbage disposal (even after I told her to just throw it away).

How well do augers work for a kitchen sink? Didn't have any luck with draino. I appreciate the advice because I don't want to pay a plumber.

listopencil 12-05-2012 10:55 PM

Go under the sink and remove the pipes connecting it to the wall/floor.

listopencil 12-05-2012 10:57 PM

If the clog is past the those pipes:

http://www.acehardware.com/family/in...goryId=1260768

clyde05 12-05-2012 10:57 PM

All you have to do is go get a snake at like a Walgreens or cvs, no need for a plumber. They are cheap too.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-05-2012 10:57 PM

Get rid of her.

She's worthless.

baitism 12-05-2012 10:58 PM

^^^^ Now I can emphasize with Belcher.

Yeah it is past that. I will have to grab an auger tomorrow after work. Damn wife.

Hammock Parties 12-05-2012 11:04 PM

Get Frazod to shoot the sink.

Lumpy 12-05-2012 11:05 PM

Antifreeze.

Really, guys? You're slipping.

Chief_For_Life58 12-05-2012 11:06 PM

belcher her

007 12-05-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184221)

Because you can never have enough drains.

TimeForWasp 12-05-2012 11:07 PM

If she can suck the chrome off a bumper, problem solved.

T-post Tom 12-05-2012 11:12 PM

Snake/auger is good. You can also solve it by removing the trap and cleaning it out. Have a bucket ready, it will be nasty if you remove the trap.

Bugeater 12-05-2012 11:16 PM

Yeah, go buy a cheap auger at Walgreen's and have fun playing in that Drano.

Phobia 12-05-2012 11:20 PM

Heh. Ran into this a couple weeks ago. Clients did the same thing. They bought the auger and did all that and still called me. Turned out the builder ran the vent pipe up a foot in the island and then back downhill. In addition to clogging their drain, they clogged their vent by backing food and water uphill and then down into the basement again. Would have worked forever that way had they not backed it up like that. We capped the vent and installed a Studor.

GESteve 12-05-2012 11:32 PM

Wasn't Studor the noob of the year?

Frazod 12-05-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9184221)

:bang:

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9184176)
With leftover shit from Thanksgiving after putting it down the garbage disposal (even after I told her to just throw it away).

How well do augers work for a kitchen sink? Didn't have any luck with draino. I appreciate the advice because I don't want to pay a plumber.

Just fine, IMO

http://www.495rental.com/images/bobcat_auger5.jpg

Fairplay 12-06-2012 12:39 AM

That bitch!

baitism 12-06-2012 12:53 AM

Update! I removed the trap in the basement after knocking on the pvc pipe down there and realizing it was full of fluid. Lots of nasty shit came out (mostly turkey). However, the clog is still below the trap. I put the trap back in and put some Drano down the sink to do some work tonight.

I will have to go to home depot tomorrow and get an auger. I wasn't getting the cheap one at Walmart.

Sorter 12-06-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9184449)
Update! I removed the trap in the basement after knocking on the pvc pipe down there and realizing it was full of fluid. Lots of nasty shit came out (mostly turkey). However, the clog is still below the trap. I put the trap back in and put some Drano down the sink to do some work tonight.

I will have to go to home depot tomorrow and get an auger. I wasn't getting the cheap one at Walmart.

I'm pretty sure SEARS carries these in the back.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...duty_auger.jpg

I'mAlwaysRight 12-06-2012 01:51 AM

I have a 25' snake that you can HAVE. I've been afraid to pick it up since I last used it. If you want it, bring gloves and ask no questions. Seriously.

UK_Chief 12-06-2012 06:36 AM

Sodium hydroxide? Burns all sorts of shit

Abba-Dabba 12-06-2012 06:50 AM

Sulfuric acid took care of the the hair clog from my wife and daughter a couple weeks ago. Took about an hour to do it's thing. Those hand powered snakes are pretty much useless for big clogs. Not enough power to grab the clog, that is if you can get it down the pipe far enough to it. And you will spend an arm and a leg for a decent plumbing snake that you can hook a drill to it to get some power.

If you can't get it to open with chemicals or a hand powered snake. You're better off calling a plumber. A decent snake that is not hand powered will cost a few hundred bucks from hoe's depot

like this...
$275
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...&storeId=10051

or this
$345

and lastly...
$167.98

Straight, No Chaser 12-06-2012 06:54 AM

it will happen... again. They just don't get it.

You could replace the one you have with top 'o the line model that will be a bonecrusher or remove it entirely and do what people used to do: use the trash or compost it.

BigMeatballDave 12-06-2012 07:08 AM

LOL Women...

CoMoChief 12-06-2012 07:30 AM

Shit man i almost never run shit down my garbage disposal, maybe something very very tiny/loose, with warm water as I'm cleaning like spaghetti sauce from a bowl/container but that's about it.

Always empty out leftovers etc in the trash

Abba-Dabba 12-06-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9184618)
Shit man i almost never run shit down my garbage disposal, maybe something very very tiny/loose, with warm water as I'm cleaning like spaghetti sauce from a bowl/container but that's about it.

Only women use the garbage disposal with warm or hot water.

Men use cold water as not to burn up the motor.

I kid I kid. But cold water is all that is needed

Predarat 12-06-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9184224)
Antifreeze.

That might actually work, especially the crappy wallyworld brand shit. Pour it into the sink thats clogged and let it set over night. It may fix it but it may make it even worse. But better then paying 500$ for a damn plummer.

notorious 12-06-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9184618)

This.

I will dispose of a single link of spagetti noodle down the disposal, and my wife will try to dispose of a hog leg bone and entire apples (along with the spoon that is ALWAY in there because she doesn't check the mother ****er before turning it on :facepalm:)

DMAC 12-06-2012 09:18 AM

I had friends over who shoved a bunch of shit down the sink a month or so ago. A clog did not seem present at the time.

A few mornings later, I left for work and ran a load of laundry (a big load).

While I was gone, the washer drained many times, hitting the clog under the house. Backed up into the kitchen sink and flooded all over the house, ruining tile and hardwood.

I did not discover this until around 6PM.

I am now living on subfloor, with new bamboo hardwood slowly going in throughout.

Lumpy 12-06-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9184669)
That might actually work, especially the crappy wallyworld brand shit. Pour it into the sink thats clogged and let it set over night. It may fix it but it may make it even worse. But better then paying 500$ for a damn plummer.

That's swell, but I wasn't talking about him using it for the plumbing.

:D

ModSocks 12-06-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9184224)
Antifreeze.

We really are.

CP is dying. Or Changing. However you wanna look at it.

Lzen 12-06-2012 11:31 AM

My wife used to do that kind of thing. I fixed that problem by removing the garbage disposal. :fire:

listopencil 12-06-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9185066)
My wife used to do that kind of thing. I fixed that problem by removing the garbage disposal. :fire:

^

bevischief 12-06-2012 11:37 AM

Nuke it from orbit the only way to be sure.

listopencil 12-06-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9185046)
We really are.

CP is dying. Or Changing. However you wanna look at it.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/trees-seasons/0020.gif

Frosty 12-06-2012 12:57 PM

For clogs that aren't too far down (like in the trap) this thing really works:

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products...s=drain+snakes

The teeth grab chunks of the gunk and draw it out rather than trying to shove the whole thing deeper. They are also all of a couple bucks at the local hardware store. Since they are so cheap, you can just toss 'em if they get too gross.

Rain Man 12-06-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 9184786)
I had friends over who shoved a bunch of shit down the sink a month or so ago. A clog did not seem present at the time.

A few mornings later, I left for work and ran a load of laundry (a big load).

While I was gone, the washer drained many times, hitting the clog under the house. Backed up into the kitchen sink and flooded all over the house, ruining tile and hardwood.

I did not discover this until around 6PM.

I am now living on subfloor, with new bamboo hardwood slowly going in throughout.

That kind of stinks. Sorry to hear.

We had sink backups two Thanksgivings in a row before we learned that potato peelings basically turn into concrete when run down a garbage disposal. I don't know how my wife and I both lived 40+ years without learning that.

Graystoke 12-06-2012 01:04 PM

Garbage Disposals and Women. Good Recipe for a clog.

I have heard the best way to clean a garbage disposal is with ice? Any input on that?
Oh and I don't have one, but my ex-wifes is clogged right now.

Frosty 12-06-2012 01:08 PM

Reading this makes me glad we don't have a garbage disposal.

Don't really need one though. Meat scraps are eaten by the dog and/or cats and vegetation scraps are thrown on the compost pile. Since we have a septic tank, I try to put as little as possible down the drain.

My MIL dumps cooking grease straight down the drain. :eek: I had to break my wife of that habit.

KChiefer 12-06-2012 01:48 PM

Our local news did a segment about the day after Thanksgiving being the busiest of the year for plumbers. They call it "Brown Friday."

seclark 12-06-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9185332)
That kind of stinks. Sorry to hear.

We had sink backups two Thanksgivings in a row before we learned that potato peelings basically turn into concrete when run down a garbage disposal. I don't know how my wife and I both lived 40+ years without learning that.

my ex sister-in-law used to jam potato peelings down the drain, and that dumb bitch didn't even have a garbage disposal. had us over for easter, then said her sink was clogged up. i went in to look at it and thought, "wtf?". i said something to her like, "it aint a ****in garbage disposal", and she got all bent out of shape, so i just went home. **** her and that shithole of a house, anyway.
sec

LiL stumppy 12-06-2012 02:12 PM

Ive used draino twice. Very scepticle the first time, but it worked wonders for me.

Lzen 12-06-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9185356)
My MIL dumps cooking grease straight down the drain. :eek: I had to break my wife of that habit.

Same.

DMAC 12-06-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9185503)
my ex sister-in-law used to jam potato peelings down the drain, and that dumb bitch didn't even have a garbage disposal. had us over for easter, then said her sink was clogged up. i went in to look at it and thought, "wtf?". i said something to her like, "it aint a ****in garbage disposal", and she got all bent out of shape, so i just went home. **** her and that shithole of a house, anyway.
sec

hahaha

Iowanian 12-06-2012 03:07 PM

brideowanian once ran a volleyball of shredded roast beef down our garbage disposal.

I fought that damn clog completely to the outside trap and when I found it, it was like breaking rocks. I made sure she didn't do that shit any more and if I see her dropping more than cereal into it to this day I give her the business.