ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

beach tribe 06-09-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8295818)
I dont care if i ever see another zombie movie, is another one really necessary, even one with Pitt?

They should've stopped being made after 28 Days Later.

This may be the only thing we've ever disagreed on.
Love em' when done right.
WWZ is one of the best dead stories ever too. Should be great.

beach tribe 06-09-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8670175)
Sounds like this flick is a disaster.....they are doing reshoots and re writing the ending. At one time it was supposed to be a tent pole release forthe holidays.........doesn't sound promising...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56306

The Kidd*here...

There is clearly some big trouble going on with Paramount's adaptation of WORLD WAR Z.*

After hearing of some pretty extensive reshoots getting set to take place for the zombie flick being fronted by Brad Pitt, it looks like they have no idea really what they're even going to be filming. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Damon Lindelof is being brought on to rewrite parts of the script, namely issues with the third act, for a movie that's been wrapped since last year.

Remember when WORLD WAR Z was lined up as a release this holiday season...? Sounds like a distant memory now.*

I was a fan of LOST, so I'll give Lindelof his due, but after his work on PROMETHEUS, I don't have the same type of confidence I once had in Lindelof handling the writing duties on tying up WORLD WAR Z in a sensible fashion. Flashbacks of the LOST finale, anyone?

I am still hoping that WORLD WAR Z can be fixed, but the more rumblings that make their way to me, the more this sounds like a terrible idea from the start adapting a book that they didn't know how to adapt. This is where we find ourselves as a result... with a WORLD WAR Z that could permanently broken, no matter how they try to patch it up along the way.*

Well, shit. Hopefully this is off.

Deberg_1990 06-10-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8670228)
Brad Pitt worked as a dishwasher at a restaurant where I was a cook for a few months. I gave him a ride home a couple of times. And yes, all the waitresses in their early 20's were trying to get in his pants even back then. Even if he was still in high school.

That's interesting. Isn't he from Springfiield area?

Valiant 06-10-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8295818)
I dont care if i ever see another zombie movie, is another one really necessary, even one with Pitt?

They should've stopped being made after 28 Days Later.

28's are not zombie movies.. They are not dead..

Ceej 06-10-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8670788)
28's are not zombie movies.. They are not dead..

Yeah, scott -- quit being a zombie/infected movie n00b!

BigRedChief 06-10-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8670558)
That's interesting. Isn't he from Springfiield area?

Yeah, I was living in the Kickapoo area and he was in High school there. I remember him because of how all the women of every age thought he was the cutest thing ever. But he wasnt a I can have any women I want arrogant asshole. Just another 16 year old kid.

Bowser 06-10-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8671168)
Yeah, I was living in the Kickapoo area and he was in High school there. I remember him because of how all the women of every age thought he was the cutest thing ever. But he wasnt a I can have any women I want arrogant asshole. Just another 16 year old kid.

You bought him beer, didn't you? Law breaker!

beach tribe 06-10-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8671168)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AmCtU1C3dcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bump 06-10-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8270818)
My buddy just got back from London and then Budapest working on this film. Of the entire time the film was shooting, he ran into Pitt once.. their conversation amounted to Pitt:"Those hot dogs look good.." MyBuddy:"yep".

On a related note, I wrote custom software that was used by the on set digital media lab to manage shots and such. Don't think I'll be getting a film credit though.

I bet he will be telling that story about the hot dog at every backyard BBQ from here on.

Bump 06-10-2012 02:47 PM

and did you guys know that Brad Pitt is an avid pothead?

I bet you won't watch the film now that you know that! hhaha

BigRedChief 06-10-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8671235)
You bought him beer, didn't you? Law breaker!

hell, I couldn't legally buy beer myself at that point in my life.

AustinChief 06-10-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8671348)
I bet he will be telling that story about the hot dog at every backyard BBQ from here on.

well he works on fairly big movies for a living(currently on the set of Iron Man 3) so meeting Brad Pitt wasn't actually that HUGE of a deal for him.

Bowser 06-10-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8671352)
and did you guys know that Brad Pitt is an avid pothead?

I bet you won't watch the film now that you know that! hhaha

Hollywood stars are potheads? THIS IS BREAKING NEWS

Bump 06-10-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8671432)
Hollywood stars are potheads? THIS IS BREAKING NEWS

right but there are some rednecks on here who would be like (think of this in a redneck voice)

"Heck, I didnt know Brad Pitt was one of dem damn potheads, those stupid bastards. Makin them dumb and stupid."

and they say that while they are sipping on their 8th Natty Light.

Fish 06-10-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8671436)
right but there are some rednecks on here who would be like (think of this in a redneck voice)

"Heck, I didnt know Brad Pitt was one of dem damn potheads, those stupid bastards. Makin them dumb and stupid."

and they say that while they are sipping on their 8th Natty Light.

I like how you defend the stereotype of a pot smoker, by stereotyping rednecks...