ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

DC.chief 02-01-2013 09:27 AM

Reid interested in Alex Smith...

Didn't see this posted anywhere.. anyways sorry if its a repost.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ers-alex-smith

:banghead:

RealSNR 02-01-2013 09:28 AM

I didn't know they made braille computers

RyFo18 02-01-2013 09:29 AM

There's only 4 other posts on this, but yes, let's fill another.

Sassy Squatch 02-01-2013 09:31 AM

O RLY?

htismaqe 02-01-2013 09:31 AM

Another "story" manufactured from Trent Dilfer's speculation on where his FRIEND Alex Smith might end up.

stonedstooge 02-01-2013 09:31 AM

OOOOHHHHHHHH NNNNNNOOOOOOEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OFFICIAL NNNNOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Rasputin 02-01-2013 09:38 AM

Nothing is going to happen untill after the combine and FA opens up. Trent Douchelfer is throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks. "Speculation" like hitsmaqe said.

MahiMike 02-01-2013 09:44 AM

We can win the division w/Alex Smith next year while Geno learns...

DC.chief 02-01-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9369784)
There's only 4 other posts on this, but yes, let's fill another.

I didn't already say sorry if its a repost. But Thanks for the quality input.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 02-01-2013 09:51 AM

Alex Smith's career is going to resemble Kerry Collins' when it's all said and done. Do not want this asshole

Rasputin 02-01-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9369818)
We can win the division w/Alex Smith next year while Geno learns...

Or Geno Smith can ****ing start and we can still end up winning the division and he will have a year under his belt. **** Alex Smith.

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 09:59 AM

A 2nd rounder for Smith and a veteran LB? What can go wrong?

mdchiefsfan 02-01-2013 10:01 AM

Alex Smith will not be with the San Francisco 49ers next season, as NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier this week. So where might he land?

Mr. RapSheet named the Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs as teams that have shown early interest. For new Chiefs coach Andy Reid, it's apparently not the first time he's shown interest in Smith.

The San Francisco Chronicle quotes ESPN's Trent Dilfer as saying Reid "really likes Alex."

"There was a courtship last year, to a certain degree," Dilfer said.

Dilfer is a fantastic source on Smith news because the two men are close friends from their days together as teammates. Perhaps Reid at one point considered trading for Smith or the Eagles thought about signing Smith as a free agent last year.

"I don't know a whole lot. I just know there was a courtship. It was not even an inside source, you know what I mean? It was just kind of the scuttle in the offseason," Dilfer said.

Smith does fit the profile of a potential Reid quarterback.

"I think Andy wants to change a little bit offensively," Dilfer said. "Alex is a guy with a huge capacity (to learn). You can give him a lot and he can handle it. Andy has always been able to get the most out of guys that don't have extreme talent."

It sounds like a perfect fit for both sides. The Chiefs are starting over from scratch at quarterback.

CaliforniaChief 02-01-2013 10:01 AM

Aren't we over-reacting here? Just because Reid likes Alex Smith or liked him in the past doesn't mean he's determined to get him now.

Then, he didn't have a high draft pick and was in a desperate win-now or else mode. Now? He's got the #1 pick, tons of cap room, and time to build this.

In58men 02-01-2013 10:01 AM

@caplannfl: AR prefers deeper passing, so far from a lock. MT @R1balla: @caplannfl Alex smith is gonna go to KC and Reid will draft luke with 1st.