ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

KcMizzou 11-09-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102247)
I don't mind fast zombies, but when it looks like you got tidal waves of zombies in the movie that looks a little silly.

To me, that's what makes it interesting.

We've seen hordes of slow zombies. That's scary. It's just the sense of inevitability. You're out numbered... eventually, you'll be overwhelmed.

We've seen the fast version, and they're scary because any one of them could take you out at any time.

We've never seen a horde of fast zombies. To me that's intriguing. The horde moves like a flock of birds, almost a hive mind kinda thing.

I like this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9100829)
The zombies move like flowing water.

To me, that's not only new and interesting, it's ****ing terrifying.

It's just that there are so many of them.

Ceej 11-10-2012 07:29 AM

I agree.

To some zombie movies may be a little overdone. So, the challenge to think of something new is always there.

Quick moving zombies, which move like a tidal wave intrigue the shit out of me.

It's something new and different.

notorious 11-10-2012 07:42 AM

Zombies can't be faster and stronger than what their muscles allow.

This is becoming FAIL pretty quick.

Ceej 11-10-2012 07:55 AM

I must be a zombie nut.

I enjoy slow and fast zombies.

:shrug:

Bowser 11-10-2012 07:43 PM

Maybe the freshly dead/infected still have enough physical ability to pull off a mile sprint, and just degrade over time?

Bowser 11-10-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9103030)
I must be a zombie nut.

I enjoy slow and fast zombies.

:shrug:

The Walking Dead nails it, imo. The more zombies that are in a group, the more focused and faster they are. Maybe the scenes we saw just took that idea and ran with it.

NewChief 11-12-2012 11:21 AM

So I finally saw this full trailer.

The movie looks good, but the title is about the only relationship it seems to share with the book.

siberian khatru 11-13-2012 02:01 PM

After watching the trailer with my oldest son, and showing him this thread, we both had the same comment: The zombies don't so much look like a tidal wave to us as ... a swarm of ants.

Insects, not water.

That made it creepier to us.

okoye35chiefs 11-13-2012 02:12 PM

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is a 2006 post-apocalyptic horror novel by Max Brooks. It is a follow-up to his 2003 book, The Zombie Survival Guide.

Read both, pretty good...

kaplin42 11-13-2012 02:12 PM

The main point is though, THAT is not WWZ. That is just some zombie flick with Pitt in it. I wanted to see WWZ.

NewChief 11-13-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9115784)
The main point is though, THAT is not WWZ. That is just some zombie flick with Pitt in it. I wanted to see WWZ.

We knew from the get-go, though, that the narrative style of WWZ would create problems for a movie. The best approximation would have probably been to have done a "found footage" type film.

I agree that it's certainly NOT even an adaptation of WWZ the book, though. It looks to just shares a name with it.

notorious 11-14-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9116077)
We knew from the get-go, though, that the narrative style of WWZ would create problems for a movie. The best approximation would have probably been to have done a "found footage" type film.

I agree that it's certainly NOT even an adaptation of WWZ the book, though. It looks to just shares a name with it.

I was thinking that Z should be a "Pulp Fiction" type movie.

Everything is seperate but tied together in the end.

blaise 11-14-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9091832)
Hollywood milked the vampire thing dry...

Now it's zombies

snore.....

Zombies were always better than vampires. Vampires are mostly for teen girls.

NewChief 11-14-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9117925)
Zombies were always better than vampires. Vampires are mostly for teen girls.

Did you read Cronin's The Passage? It's going to be a movie as well, and it's a pretty excellent treatment of vamps. It sort of combines the best of both worlds, though. The dark psychological horror of vampires with the postapocalyptic milieu of zombies (similar to I am Legend).

blaise 11-14-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9117947)
Did you read Cronin's The Passage? It's going to be a movie as well, and it's a pretty excellent treatment of vamps. It sort of combines the best of both worlds, though. The dark psychological horror of vampires with the postapocalyptic milieu of zombies (similar to I am Legend).

No, but I could probably enjoy that.

On a side note - I don't think the well on zombies movies will run dry for quite a while, though. Some stories will just be better than others. It's a survival tale, first, really. The good ones anyway. The zombies are sort of a plot device to get the characters to the point where they're in a constant state of fighting to survive.