ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

ChiefsCountry 12-16-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9214959)
Two questions:

Were the Titans given permission to speak to Pioli?

If yes, then how did you get this information, while the rest of the media has no clue?

Marty has sources in the Nfl. He had that one site at one time.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9214990)
Marty has sources in the Nfl. He had that one site at one time.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm aware of his connections, I'm more interested in how the Schefter's, LaCanfora's and King's of the world haven't reported this.

That flight to Providence was a while back.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9215082)
I'm aware of his connections, I'm more interested in how the Schefter's, LaCanfora's and King's of the world haven't reported this.

That flight to Providence was a while back.

La California had kinda hinted that Pioli went be back
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr_Tomahawk 12-16-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9215092)
La California had kinda hinted that Pioli went be back
Posted via Mobile Device

Elaborate...

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9215092)
La California had kinda hinted that Pioli went be back
Posted via Mobile Device

I know this as well.

But if he actually met with another team, I can't imagine that could stay quiet.

To a.) meet with another team, he'd have to b.) have permission from Clark, or c.) already been terminated.

All three of those things would have been reported by now if true.

I hope Marty is right, it's just not making a ton of sense.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9215103)
Elaborate...

Said the chiefs could be a sleeping giant in the GM sweepstakes. Iirc
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus 12-16-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9215082)
I'm aware of his connections, I'm more interested in how the Schefter's, LaCanfora's and King's of the world haven't reported this.

That flight to Providence was a while back.

Flight to Dallas was Wednesday?

I am going with Marty wouldn't say anything unless he had a reason.

I will sleep better thinking that way.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9215118)
I know this as well.

But if he actually met with another team, I can't imagine that could stay quiet.

To a.) meet with another team, he'd have to b.) have permission from Clark, or c.) already been terminated.

All three of those things would have been reported by now if true.

I hope Marty is right, it's just not making a ton of sense.

I agree, just hoping as well lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9215122)
Flight to Dallas was Wednesday?

I am going with Marty wouldn't say anything unless he had a reason.

I will sleep better thinking that way.

Maybe I misread something, but it was said that the meeting with the Titans took place during the trip to Providence.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9215131)
Maybe I misread something, but it was said that the meeting with the Titans took place during the trip to Providence.

That's the way I took it too
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 12-16-2012 06:09 PM

I'd bet we have a press conference tomorrow in KC.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 06:10 PM

There were rumors somewhere that he had b been notified he wouldn't be brought back next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9215163)
I'd bet we have a press conference tomorrow in KC.

I hope so, but we've been saying this for over a month.

O.city 12-16-2012 06:12 PM

IIRC, wasn't it with 2 weeks to go the Peterson thing went down? I think he's been waiting for this week.

007 12-16-2012 06:17 PM

the Chiefs will fire Pioli tomorrow and the world will end on Friday. Fitting really.

ILChief 12-16-2012 06:18 PM

Jack Harry getting ready to come on 810. this should be good

Marcellus 12-16-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9215131)
Maybe I misread something, but it was said that the meeting with the Titans took place during the trip to Providence.

Details about his trip to DFW haven't been reported yet that was what Marty posted earlier he was waiting n a green light.

2 trips out of town on commercial jets meaning not Chiefs business. I like the signs of it.

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9213310)
Pioli was interviewing with "people" from the Titans. What college is in Proidence that has round 1-3 talent?

There was a tweet from the BC game saying Pioli was there scouting.It was either the ND or Virgina tech game.

I dont know why he was in providence but it is only 45 mins from BC.

O.city 12-16-2012 06:53 PM

Bet he was there to watch Teo. Maybe the Titans want Teo?

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9215543)
Bet he was there to watch Teo. Maybe the Titans want Teo?

Could be. Thats what I thought.There to scout Teo.

Im looking to see if I can find the link.

Titty Meat 12-16-2012 07:00 PM

Sounds like wishful thinking

Marcellus 12-16-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9215543)
Bet he was there to watch Teo. Maybe the Titans want Teo?

You think Pioli is flying commercial to go scout players himself? Really?

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9215609)
You think Pioli is flying commercial to go scout players himself? Really?


If he has personal business,Clarks not giving him the Jet to go talk to the Titians about a Job. BC is only a 40 to 45 min limo ride from providence.

Maybe he just wanted to go to the game after meeting with the Titans.

Marcellus 12-16-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chief Homer (Post 9215630)
If he has personal business,Clarks not giving him the Jet to go talk to the Titians about a Job. BC is only a 40 to 45 min limo ride from providence.

Maybe he just wanted to go to the game after meeting with the Titans.

Exactly! In other words he wasn't on a scouting trip for KC .

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 07:21 PM

Will post more wen I get home tonight guys

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9215640)
Exactly! In other words he wasn't on a scouting trip for KC .

He could be scouting for his own personal knowledge,who knows.

Marty says he went to providence to meet with the Titans. Why Providence?? Close proximity to watch Teo or other play?

He has used commercial flights acouple of times this year.

There was a pic of him on a commercial flight going to give a pep talk to the college team that just fired their coach (sorry teams name escapes me at the moment).

I doubt Clark lets him scout for another team while hes on the Chiefs Payroll

The Bad Guy 12-16-2012 07:31 PM

If Scott Pioli is here past the first week of the new year, I'm finding a new team. Enough's enough.

Shutout by one of the worst defenses in the NFL?

Good thing Carl Winslow gave up being a DC so he could have more of a hand in the offense.

DeezNutz 12-16-2012 07:32 PM

We're going into tinfoil hat territory to believe that Pioli was scouting for a team he doesn't work for at the moment.

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9215714)
We're going into tinfoil hat territory to believe that Pioli was scouting for a team he doesn't work for at the moment.

yep

Marcellus 12-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9215714)
We're going into tinfoil hat territory to believe that Pioli was scouting for a team he doesn't work for at the moment.

I think the point is he wasn't scouting he was meeting with a team under the pretense of scouting.

SAUTO 12-16-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9215734)
I think the point is he wasn't scouting he was meeting with a team under the pretense of scouting.

that's what I thought too.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 12-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9215169)
There were rumors somewhere that he had b been notified he wouldn't be brought back next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Those have been really prevalent since the Blackout. Along with he cant make any choices, deals or anything else for the Chiefs. Could just be the same rumor making the rounds.

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 08:06 PM

LMAO

Amazing that some of you are still in fear of Pioli being retained.

The joy of him getting fired is going to be greatly reduced by knowing it's going to happen for a months now.

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 08:06 PM

[ Along with he cant make any choices, deals or anything else for the Chiefs. Could just be the same rumor making the rounds.[/QUOTE]

Chiefs in the last couple of years have been pro active in trying to sign players

DJ, Flowers, Tamba, Charles.

This makes alot of sense, being we have not heard of any on going negotiations or signings.

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 08:09 PM

My next moment of joy will be when a story runs with this headline:

"Chiefs begin negotiating with QB X's agent"

DaFace 12-16-2012 08:12 PM

Work in progress. Bear with me.

(But you can feel free to continue posting in this thread.)

007 12-16-2012 08:14 PM

What the hell?

Easy 6 12-16-2012 08:17 PM

In

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 08:18 PM

THAT BLADE WAS BROKEN

IT HAS BEEN REMADE

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3...f_the_dead.jpg

DaFace 12-16-2012 08:20 PM

As I just added to the OP:

Due to the old thread's size and popularity, it was causing server problems. You can view the old thread here. Once this whole deal dies down, we'll merge them back together for an intact record of the entire movement. - DaFace

I merged posts starting 12am CDT this morning into this thread just so we have some recent history of discussion to start with. Hopefully this will help the server to stop sucking.

Bugeater 12-16-2012 08:25 PM

Thank you.

DaFace 12-16-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9216051)
Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure this will take care of it, but vBulletin is known for having issues with big threads. When they're popular big threads, even worse. When they're popular big threads that also happen to be popular when the server's already stressed due to a game thread, even worse. So, it certainly stands to reason that this should help, but we'll see.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 10:07 PM

Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

So how does Pioli get lumped into this?

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Pioli flys to Pittsburgh for the MNF game.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

O.city 12-16-2012 10:16 PM

Thanks for the info.


Sounds like Clark actually is being proactive. I like it. Also, it may go against what others think, but I like what he's doing with Romeo. It might show future coaches that ownership will go out of their way to be compassionate.

Any idea if there is a "plan" in place to who the new GM and HC will be?

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 10:17 PM

Better report than anything we have read all year.

SOC IS THE WAY

007 12-16-2012 10:17 PM

Come on Clark. Just announce it this week and give the fans something to cheer about.

O.city 12-16-2012 10:18 PM

I said it earlier today, but I could see tomorrow actually being axe falling day.

007 12-16-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9216592)
I said it earlier today, but I could see tomorrow actually being axe falling day.

IT sure would be nice to be able to fly the Thank You banner.

O.city 12-16-2012 10:21 PM

I think it's starting to be or will be quite evident that Clark cares alot more about winning than people thought.

Titty Meat 12-16-2012 10:22 PM

I want to believe you Marty.

If Pioli was relieved of his GM duties what was he doing at the Arrowhead practice facility the day Belcher killed himself?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 10:23 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771725

Peterson announced his resignation on December 16, 2008. Clark followed a similar path before.....

O.city 12-16-2012 10:25 PM

Marty, who do you think or who are you hearing Clark wants to bring in to coach or be the GM?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 10:25 PM

He is still there, watching tape, remaining active. Just because a guy knows his job is likely over doesn't mean he stops working. In fact, I'd probably suggest the idea that the bastard was working even harder so he is prepared to find work with another team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9216610)
I want to believe you Marty.

If Pioli was relieved of his GM duties what was he doing at the Arrowhead practice facility the day Belcher killed himself?


Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

if Clark ever pulled the trigger
This comment was classless and deranged.

Titty Meat 12-16-2012 10:27 PM

I hope the meeting with Cowher was a good one

O.city 12-16-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9216656)
I hope the meeting with Cowher was a good one

You knwo, I've been thinking about this alot.


I know his history, which isn't exactly ideal. But damn it, I'm tired of putting a soft team on the field. I want a team that absolutely attacks the shit out of you on both sides of the ball.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 10:31 PM

I know this much. Potential GMs include: Bill Polian, Bill Cowher, Marc Ross, Randy Mueller, Russ Ball and 1-2 other sleepers including the buzz-name in Baltimore.

Coaches: Gruden, Chip Kelly, Bruce Arians, Mike Sherman and Mike McCoy.

My honest gut: if we draft a Round 1 QB, we have to have a staff in place that knows how to develop passers. I don't see us getting a defensive minded coach

If Clark came to me and said, "Marty, you decide for me, I'll just write the checks." I'd go with either Marc Ross and Jon Gruden or Chip Kelly. Being a Pac-12 guy, I've watched Kelly a lot and have studied him pretty closely. The way he runs his practices falls in line with the current CBA and what players want. But....I'm still research guys. Ultimately, a bag of potatoes and a jar of pickles would be better than the tandem we have in place now.

O.city 12-16-2012 10:33 PM

Cowher as GM? No thanks.

O.city 12-16-2012 10:35 PM

Ross as GM
Gruden as HC
Rex as DC
OC ?

AustinChief 12-16-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9216605)
I think it's starting to be or will be quite evident that Clark cares alot more about winning than people thought.

He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

NJChiefsFan 12-16-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9216703)
Ross as GM
Gruden as HC
Rex as DC
OC ?

Rex isn't getting fired. I can't stress this enough. His head is not on a plate right now.

Big Chief Homer 12-16-2012 10:37 PM

Marty, thanks for the information.

Like Clay said, best and most informative report we've heard all season.

If this happens and we get the #1 pick, we can put this nightmare behind us and enjoy a memorable and exciting offseason.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 12-16-2012 10:37 PM

Totally agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9216704)
He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.


Titty Meat 12-16-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9216668)
You knwo, I've been thinking about this alot.


I know his history, which isn't exactly ideal. But damn it, I'm tired of putting a soft team on the field. I want a team that absolutely attacks the shit out of you on both sides of the ball.

Polian/Cowher

AustinChief 12-16-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9216619)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3771725

Peterson announced his resignation on December 16, 2008. Clark followed a similar path before.....

Wow, so if Pioli "retires" Dec 18th.. it will be two days after the team lost to a division rival and went 2-12... same exact situation that happened under Peterson.

patteeu 12-16-2012 10:53 PM

In

Bugeater 12-16-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9216704)
He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

Meh. If he really cared about the people who work for him he would've removed the ****ing tyrant from power already.

BossChief 12-16-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9216726)
Polian/Cowher

Polian
Cowher
Norv Turner
Ron Rivera

GENO SMITH

JIMP

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 11:05 PM

Uh Ron Rivera is a HC already.

**** Cowher.

O.city 12-16-2012 11:06 PM

I think he's thinking Ron will be fired, which I disagree with.

BossChief 12-16-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9216905)
Uh Ron Rivera is a HC already.

**** Cowher.

So is Norv Turner.

Currently.

You would bow down to the chin penii quickly.

O.city 12-16-2012 11:08 PM

If it is indeed Cowher and we draft Geno, I'll get on board immediately.

ChiefsCountry 12-16-2012 11:22 PM

Cowher would make alot of sense. No changing the 3-4 which we are sort of built for. Big name coach who the casual fans would get excited about. Big ties to Chiefs of the past. Has the Pittsburgh tradition as well. It would be very simlar to Fisher in St. Louis or Parcells to the Patriots. Stats say he probally wouldn't win a Super Bowl but then again your time table for that is probably 3 to 4 years away just judging by the age that quarterbacks win Super Bowls.

Hammock Parties 12-16-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9216911)
So is Norv Turner.

Currently.

You would bow down to the chin penii quickly.

I would grudgingly accept the hire, no more.

I admit that he could win me over quickly in the same manner Herm did. I am easily romanced by the siren of mediocrity.

O.city 12-16-2012 11:28 PM

I'm not sure there is an absolute can't miss coaching hire out there.

I'd love Cowher, or Gruden, or Chip Kelly, or David Shaw.


Honestly I'd accept anyone at this point. I sure I can basically say without any hesitation that we currently have the worst coaching staff in place in the NFL, as well as the worst environment in the league.

NJChiefsFan 12-16-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9216954)
I would grudgingly accept the hire, no more.

I admit that he could win me over quickly in the same manner Herm did. I am easily romanced by the siren of mediocrity.

We all are. We are desperate for anything to cling to.

O.city 12-16-2012 11:34 PM

Shit, I'll start by just getting to the point where we are competing with and beating the occasional good team.


IMO, this is an alltime low in Chiefs football. But I keep telling myself, it's always darkest before the dawn.

And the sun is peeking on the horizon. And it's name is Geno Smith.

the Talking Can 12-16-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 9216555)
Here's how the real NFL works when it comes to GMs, Coaches, Assistants, Coordinators and the personnel men, scouts: November and December are hustle months meaning they are getting their name on the street and talking with guys affiliated with teams. It's been so widespread for so long, its par for the course. For example, a scout looking to move up will reach out to teams in mid November in hopes of getting a gig right at the end of a season. These are guys looking to move up or find security because they know a change in "leadership" is forthcoming.

So how does Pioli get lumped into this?

Let's triple flashback to the day LaCanfora reported that Pioli had a new extension. Turns out it was never signed but damage was done.

Let's double flashback to Pioli's interview tour. It was done without Clark's blessing. It was done to make Scott seem to be personable, dedicated and focused. All traits that a new employer wants to see during the time of "crisis". Face it, this season has been a massive crisis. Scott wants to demonstrate he can handle himself. So he did what he thought was a good thing.

Clark was pissed. He was in Chicago having a conversation with a well-to-do ex Chiefs coach who has enjoyed a storied head coaching career in a town that rhymes with Hittsburg and is now on TV.

Clark returns to KC, strips Pioli of all GM power. Silences him. Crennel is given control over the roster. Out goes Rhoutt.

Let's flashback to November 10. Reports surfaced that Schottenheimer was at 1 Arrowhead to meet Clark Hunt, who flew in his private jet and landed downtown that morning. Clark was in KC. Pioli wasn't. A Chiefs employee called a national sports radio show to report this. The Chiefs went into full damage control.

Where was Scott? In Providence. The picture we tweeted out was taken on November 11 at a hotel in Providence. During this time, he met with representatives from the Titans to discuss a potential role with the team with player personnel. Pioli has circulated his name to a few teams, including the Patriots. The picture was taken around the lunch hour. The Boston College/Notre Dame was an 8pm kickoff that night. Doesn't matter if Scott is employed with us or not, he's going to scout players so he knows whats going on in case another team falls for his shit again.

Pioli flys to Pittsburgh for the MNF game.

Clark Hunt flys to Pittsburgh for the game. Stays behind and has breakfast with one of the ESPN announcers who did the game the night before. Chuck is his name, I think.

Then comes the really odd thing: After the Bengals game, Clark and Scott had a long meeting at Arrowhead. I got a text that night saying both were still in the stadium past 7pm. I didn't think anything of it. Then I get a message from a well placed source that Scott took the entire week of Thanksgiving off, arriving back into town the night before the Broncos game. Sorry, but NFL GMs don't take that kind of time off during the season.

This week Scott was in Dallas to meet with Clark. This is the kiss of death. No different than when Carl was let go. Flying commercial to Dallas mid-week in December when there is no league business meetings scheduled, no college games to scout or anything else is a tell-tale sign.

Notice that TV cameras have not shown Scott in the last 2 weeks? Or mentioned his name? Remember when CBS started talking about the blackout in the 4th quarter after word broke via Twitter that stadium security was confiscating our FIRE PIOLI signs and kicking people out of Arrowhead? Nothing in the NFL is done in the NFL by a whim. Nothing.

So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick.

BTW, I am hearing the only reason that Clark refuses to make an in-season change now is that he doesn't want the players to get excited or pumped up for the new guy. Ray Farmer was slated to be the interim GM if Clark ever pulled the trigger. Clark really wants to give that new GM and Coach a #1 pick and let them decide to take a QB, trade down or do whatever.

It is important to end this post with one simple statement: In the NFL the real moves occur ahead of the announced moves. Call it a game of shadows if you will. Some of the well placed media guys have an understanding not to report on certain things. Me, I could give a shit less. I'm a Chiefs fan, not a card-carrying member of the media.

this is the best post on the planet in years...i would give you a handy if we were close

KCChiefsFan88 12-17-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9216704)
He also cares about the people who work for him, more so than fulfilling our need for immediate gratification. If this is all pans out (and I don't doubt for a second that it will) it is exactly the kind of owner I want for my team and the kind of person people should be happy to work for.

Good stuff.

Have you forgotten about the Arrowhead Anxiety article already? Detailing the toxic state of employee morale (both football and non-football employees) at One Arrowhead Drive?

Hammock Parties 12-17-2012 12:09 AM

It is cool that Clark is willing to be level-headed, a nice guy and has patience.

And that he is also willing to fire everyone.

We can have our cake and it too...as long as it's Chocolate Penis cake.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.