ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many cancer sticks have you smoked in your lifetime? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272370)

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619098)
I haven't had a cigarette in years, but I'd light one up right now if I there was a way to blow the smoke through my screen into the face of every asshole who behaves like this. One of hardest parts of quitting for me was shaking the feeling that they'd won.

LMAO This reminds me of a story...

We were waiting in line at Ihop, (this was right before they passed the ban), and we had asked for the smoking section. The hostess apologized and told us that they were completely non-smoking. We said, "okay, thanks anyway", turned around and was leaving, (we figured we would just go somewhere that wasn't packed and allowed smoking).

All of a sudden this little gray-haired lady, (she must have been pushing 80 and looked like death warmed over), pipes up and says (loud enough for everyone to hear), "I'm glad they don't allow smoking... smokers are disgusting". That type of shit is uncalled for and just made her look like an uppity bitch.

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9619153)
Because of people like Lumpy, my insurance premiums have increased.

Um, no... I blame that shit on Obama.

To the DC!!!

Edit: Btw, I'm quitting soon. Why? Because I'm working out now and I'm sick of paying $5 for a pack of smokes. Just had a complete physical done, too. Aside from being extremely stressed, I'm pretty damn healthy.

lewdog 04-23-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619162)
Um, no... I blame that shit on Obama.

To the DC!!!

I actually blame it on fat people.

Frazod 04-23-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619157)
LMAO This reminds me of a story...

We were waiting in line at Ihop, (this was right before they passed the ban), and we had asked for the smoking section. The hostess apologized and told us that they were completely non-smoking. We said, "okay, thanks anyway", turned around and was leaving, (we figured we would just go somewhere that wasn't packed and allowed smoking).

All of a sudden this little gray-haired lady, (she must have been pushing 80 and looked like death warmed over), pipes up and says (loud enough for everyone to hear), "I'm glad they don't allow smoking... smokers are disgusting". That type of shit is uncalled for and just made her look like an uppity bitch.

I hope you kicked her wrinkled old ass. :$2500:

Bugeater 04-23-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9619153)
Because of people like Lumpy, my insurance premiums have increased.

Yeah, it's not because of the out of control health care costs across the board or anything...

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619168)
I hope you kicked her wrinkled old ass. :$2500:

Nah, but she got "the look". The, "listen here you old bitty, you're going to die soon anyway, so shut your dusty hole", look.

Frazod 04-23-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619181)
Nah, but she got "the look". The, "listen here you old bitty, you're going to die soon anyway, so shut your dusty hole", look.

Heh. She's probably dead now.

Darn.

:fire:

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619191)
Heh. She's probably dead now.

Darn.

:fire:

Why ya gotta do that, Fraz? Now I feel bad. :huh:

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619136)
How am I being holier than thou? It's a pathetic habit that can kill you. It's as simple as that. You can do it all you want, I didn't bitch about you doing it. I never said that you need to stop. I just said that it's pathetic.

You don't think that you're acting like a douche about it? Come on, King. The other non-smokers simply posted, "0", "zero", "nada", etc. Yet, you felt the need to throw out the phrase, "pathetic habit" and carry on.

It's an addiction. One that is extremely difficult for the majority of people to kick. The last thing that people struggling with such an addiction, (myself included), needs is someone talking down to them.

Mkay?

SLAG 04-23-2013 10:44 PM

~90K

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619136)
How am I being holier than thou? It's a pathetic habit that can kill you. It's as simple as that. You can do it all you want, I didn't bitch about you doing it. I never said that you need to stop. I just said that it's pathetic.

I dont like smoking either, but its an addiction for many. Alot of people cant help themselves. Stop pretending your above everyone else.