ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith Traded to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270464)

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9917162)
Since 1988, only 3 drafted quarterbacks by the Chiefs have played in a regular season game. Brodie Croyle is the only one to actually start. Only 5% of the games in that time span has a quarterback the Chiefs drafted played in a game and majority of it was Croyle. Just let that sink in.

Don't let True Fans read this stuff. This won't make a lick of sense to them.

Also, while you are killing it with statistic stuff, can you kindly please tell me how many Superbowl Championships this methodology to the Qb position has won the Chiefs in this time frame?

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9917160)
That guy right there, should give all Chiefs fans the knowledge and comfort that if Alex Smith does indeed cost the Chiefs that second round pick next season, and they see a qb they like in the first round, they are going to take him.

Both Reid and Dorsey come from organizations that operate that way. The Eagles drafted Kolb when McNabb was still in his prime. And drafted Foles right after giving Mike Vick 100 mil.

The packers also drafted, (incorrectly mind you) Brian Brohm in the second round while not knowing what they had in Aaron Rodgers just yet.

Patience I think is the lesson everyone should learn.

At least until the whole thing blows up, and the Chiefs finish 4-12.....LMAO

Yep, Andy Reid traded up to get the guy he wanted more than anyone in the last decade. Andy always went out and got the guy he wanted. I am sure Alex Smith is half the reason Reid came to KC. I bet it was almost a stipulation when he talked to Clark. He probably made Clark promise they would do their best to trade for him.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9917138)
you could probably say the same about the success or failure of a new regime, no?

Depends on the history of the regime I suppose. Some guys have a nice history of Black Bobing things up.

Red Chum 08-26-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9917169)
Don't let True Fans read this stuff. This won't make a lick of sense to them.

You guys are the true fans. You basically watch a team you root to for to lose year after year. Think about it. If you hate what they are doing so much then why even watch? I respect hitsqmage for bowing out. He is about the only one of you who isn't a true fan.

Fat Elvis 08-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9917145)
This is futile. The facts are none of these guys were drafted highly, and this is the the difference I keep pointing out. There is a big difference in commitment of a franchise to a first rounder over a 3rd or 5th rounder. But yeah, if you think the commitments shown to Croyle are perfectly equal to the commitments given to Rodgers or Flacco by their franchises, then in your own mind I guess you are going to 'win' this argument. I definitely view it differently.

Exactly the point a lot of folks on the other side of the fence have been trying to make. If a QB is a turd, drafting him high doesn't make him any less of a turd. What part of that is it that you don't understand? A lot of the folks you ding dongs are calling "truefans" were pounding the table for RG3 and Wilson last year. It's not that people don't want QBs, they do. It's just that some of us aren't so blinded by that desire to be completely stupid.

Mav 08-26-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917170)
Yep, Andy Reid traded up to get the guy he wanted more than anyone in the last decade. Andy always went out and got the guy he wanted. I am sure Alex Smith is half the reason Reid came to KC. I bet it was almost a stipulation when he talked to Clark. He probably made Clark promise they would do their best to trade for him.

And do not misunderstand me. Im a huge Alex Smith mark, and the team around Alex Smith made sense. I am hopeful that Andy Reid knows much more than I or many here that Alex Smith is capable of running the Andy Reid offense.

nychief 08-26-2013 02:57 PM

There should also be a delineation between administrations, should there not? Reid and Dorsey have had one draft - a terrible QB class - so I think the "whoa is me...the Chiefs never draft a round one QB" routine might be premature.

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917170)

I'm excited and thoroughly disgusted at the same time.

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917177)
You guys are the true fans. You basically watch a team you root to for to lose year after year. Think about it. If you hate what they are doing so much then why even watch? I respect hitsqmage for bowing out. He is about the only one of you who isn't a true fan.

When have I ever said I hate the Chiefs? I'm 1000 miles away from KC, and I take all kinds of shit from Houston and Dallas fans and yet I still stay faithful. I just think mediocrity has seeped deep into the fan base, where 8-8 has become acceptable football to them, it isn't.

BigCatDaddy 08-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9917183)
There should also be a delineation between administrations, should there not? Reid and Dorsey have had one draft - a terrible QB class - so I think the <b>"whoa is me...the Chiefs never draft a round one QB" routine might be premature.<b/>

We are nearing year 30. How many more until it's no longer premature?

Pablo 08-26-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9917188)
I'm excited and thoroughly disgusted at the same time.

Whoa, whoa.

Our HC and GM believe this guy can be the next Joe Montana. Don't fret. Just wait for the playoff victories. You just have to put all of your trust into this new regime. It's nothing like the old regime. You just gotta believe that!

Pablo 08-26-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9917183)
There should also be a delineation between administrations, should there not? Reid and Dorsey have had one draft - a terrible QB class - so I think the "whoa is me...the Chiefs never draft a round one QB" routine might be premature.

Trading away two 2nd's signifies a fairly strong commitment. Not an ironclad commitment; but a substantial one.

It can happen. Anything can happen. The Chiefs could win the SB this year with the QB our glorious HC handpicked.

DeezNutz 08-26-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9917193)
Whoa, whoa.

Our HC and GM believe this guy can be the next Joe Montana. Don't fret. Just wait for the playoff victories. You just have to put all of your trust into this new regime. It's nothing like the old regime. You just gotta believe that!

Once-in-a-decade opportunity to acquire the guy who possesses the stat sheet of Cassel, the arm strength of Thigpen, and the pocket poise of Huard.

Championship.

GordonGekko 08-26-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chum (Post 9917177)

You saying Htismaqe made me remember him, what happened to him?

What I think makes this bearable for me is that I am not a seas tix holder, and I'm far away from ground zero (KC). If I was in KC and/or a seas tix holder, dumping thousand of dollars into this franchise, I don't know what I'd do.

Pablo 08-26-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9917199)
Once-in-a-decade opportunity to acquire the guy who possesses the stat sheet of Cassel, the arm strength of Thigpen, and the pocket poise of Huard.

Championship.

You can't look at the past, Deez.

That isn't a useful tool in discerning if Alex Smith will be a good QB here. You just have to trust. Now cross your arms across your chest, close your eyes, and drop backwards.

The Chiefs will catch you. They've never let you down before, right?