ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI Kansas City Chiefs 2013 Offseason Preview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270016)

MahiMike 02-14-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9402669)
Ok, imma be calm and rational with you because you've never given me a reason not too...but.....

Can you explain to me...And i mean a good explanation.....how Artificially CREATING a whole on your offense to simply fill that void with the #1 pick will make the offense better?

In what world....with ANYTHING, not just football, does it make sense to create a problem for yourself for the sole reason of fixing (maybe) fixing it later just to get the same results?

How does that make sense?

I wanna be rich. I have $1,000. Im going to go ahead and flush $500 down the toilet....but in 1 month, I'll get that $500 back. Is that a good way to start building your savings?

I see your point. But my premise was based more on Andy Reid's history of drafting LT's and CB's. He could very well go with Milliner and keep Albert. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes w/contracts (and I'm no expert there).

It's just that the best "can't miss" guy this year happens to be Joeckel. If they can move Albert to make room for him, so be it.

And let's not get too hyped up on Albert's talents. Couple years ago, folks here wanted to move him to G.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402721)
I see your point. But my premise was based more on Andy Reid's history of drafting LT's and CB's. He could very well go with Milliner and keep Albert. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes w/contracts (and I'm no expert there).

Andy Reid's "history" is taking Donovan McNabb #2 overall and then building around him.

Quote:

And let's not get too hyped up on Albert's talents. Couple years ago, folks here wanted to move him to G.

No smart folks wanted that. Pure true fan BS.

The Franchise 02-14-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

It's just that the best "can't miss" guy this year happens to be Joeckel. If they can move Albert to make room for him, so be it.

Joeckel is not the best "can't miss" guy. He's not even the unanimous #1 LT in the draft.

He played on a spread team for a ****ing QB who ran all the time. DE's have a hard time rushing the passer when they have to play containment. If we needed a LT and had our QB.....I would rather take Eric Fisher than ****ing Joeckel.

And only reeruns have ever wanted to move Albert to guard.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

And let's not get too hyped up on Albert's talents.

Why not? He's one of the top pass blockers in football two years running.

There's absolutely no need to move him anywhere.

Stewie 02-14-2013 12:22 PM

I often wonder if teams drafting lower in the first round don't bad-mouth a player's ability hoping he'll drop to them. They feed this BS to journalists who keep repeating the mantra and it becomes the norm. I just hope our new FO is not listening to this BS about Geno and evaluate him in a vacuum.

ModSocks 02-14-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

If you wanna look at Andy's history of Drafting, then why are you overlooking his history of drafting QB's? Most notably in the 1st round.....after taking a fresh start with a new franchise....

And the people who wanted to move Albert to guard are the same people who want him replaced. No fan on here with any football IQ wanted Albert moved to guard. Those people got ripped then, and are getting ripped now. He is NOT a Guard in the NFL. He's proven that he is a capable LT.

And Jockel is not a "can't miss Prospect" either.

MahiMike 02-14-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9402742)
If you wanna look at Andy's history of Drafting, then why are you overlooking his history of drafting QB's? Most notably in the 1st round.....after taking a fresh start with a new franchise....

And the people who wanted to move Albert to guard are the same people who want him replaced. No fan on here with any football IQ wanted Albert moved to guard. Those people got ripped then, and are getting ripped now. He is NOT a Guard in the NFL. He's proven that he is a capable LT.

And Jockel is not a "can't miss Prospect" either.

(sigh) Just forget it. Why don't we just have every thread reply be a cut and paste and forget about different points of views?

Just draft the kid from West Virginia and be done with it...

Sorter 02-14-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9402736)
I often wonder if teams drafting lower in the first round don't bad-mouth a player's ability hoping he'll drop to them. They feed this BS to journalists who keep repeating the mantra and it becomes the norm. I just hope our new FO is not listening to this BS about Geno and evaluate him in a vacuum.

They definitely do.

Pioli repeatedly stated that combine didn't mean shit last year, for example.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402751)
(sigh) Just forget it. Why don't we just have every thread reply be a cut and paste and forget about different points of views?

You act like this is some mindless group think when in actuality it's SEVERAL open-minded and free-thinking individuals that have all INDEPENDENTLY arrived at the same conclusion.

You know why that is?

Because the evidence is OVERWHELMING.

ModSocks 02-14-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402751)

No.

We can come up with a long list of sound reasoning.

The Joeckel camp can't. I would love to hear some good explanations as to how the Joeckel plan makes the Chiefs offense better.

The objective of the NFL draft is simple. To improve your football team. How does letting Albert walk and replacing him with Joeckel improve your football team?

Not ONE Joeckelite can give me an answer. Probably because he DOESN'T.

The only angle it makes sense from is the "cheaps" angle. That's it.

It's two simple questions that the anti-QB crowd never seem to want to answer.

1. Why NOT a Qb? (please don't tell me about the pinstripe bowl)

2. Why Replace a LT with....gasp...another LT?

MahiMike 02-14-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402758)
You act like this is some mindless group think when in actuality it's SEVERAL open-minded and free-thinking individuals that have all INDEPENDENTLY arrived at the same conclusion.

You know why that is?

Because the evidence is OVERWHELMING.

Yeah I know. But we have to kill 2 more month's time somehow....)

The Franchise 02-14-2013 12:36 PM

If you draft Joeckel #1....what QB are you taking?

And don't say Wilson, Glennon or Barkley because they're all going to go in the 1st round.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402777)
Yeah I know. But we have to kill 2 more month's time somehow....)

If I could sleep for the next 2 months I would.

I'm strongly considering logging off until after the draft.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9402780)
If you draft Joeckel #1....what QB are you taking?

And don't say Wilson, Glennon or Barkley because they're all going to go in the 1st round.

Trade up! Stars aligned! Cats and dogs, living together! Rainbows! Unicorns!

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402791)
If I could sleep for the next 2 months I would.

I'm strongly considering logging off until after the draft.

You won't, because the Combine is going to be like another Chiefs game. :evil: