ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft 2nd rnd. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon gone... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270124)

htismaqe 02-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerchief (Post 9410045)
Dysert in round 3-4, providing we traded or signed a free agent "supposedly" starter.

I thought about Dysert. He'd be a possibility if they bring in someone like Alex Smith.

But if they go for Foles, he's so young it kind of makes picking a QBOTF redundant.

TribalElder 02-17-2013 08:28 AM

But what about Stanzi.....

What about 'Merica

BlackHelicopters 02-17-2013 08:30 AM

My money is they all won't go in round one. Long shot, but plausible.

Messier 02-17-2013 08:52 AM

We'll know the plan well before the draft. We'll have a veteran most likely, and we'll know the direction for the first pick. It won't be an, "Oh no! We missed out on the QB, and now they're all gone!" situation, at least from their perspective. If they don't take a QB first, they're fully prepared for the top 2,3 or 4 to be gone and they're fine with that. If they want one of the QBs they'll get one of the QBs.

aturnis 02-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9410011)
Given Dorseys comments the other day about not being a clear cut QB at #1....lets assume we do not draft a QB in the 1st and say Geno, Smilth, Glennon, and Barkley are gone by the 2nd rnd.

Who do you think we go after [qb] and in what rnd?

So everyone is gone except the guy you've been pimping for months? Do you just need to hear people say they'd take Wilson so you can get off or something?

KCFaninSEA 02-17-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9410078)
We'll know the plan well before the draft. We'll have a veteran most likely, and we'll know the direction for the first pick. It won't be an, "Oh no! We missed out on the QB, and now they're all gone!" situation, at least from their perspective. If they don't take a QB first, they're fully prepared for the top 2,3 or 4 to be gone and they're fine with that. If they want one of the QBs they'll get one of the QBs.

Spot on

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2013 10:08 AM

Barf when someone mentions Nassib

Mr_Tomahawk 02-17-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9410107)
So everyone is gone except the guy you've been pimping for months? Do you just need to hear people say they'd take Wilson so you can get off or something?

Is it unrealistic to think the 4 QBs I named will be gone in the 1st?

Don't hate because Stanzi is going to be a dishwasher somewhere in a couple of seasons...

MahiMike 02-17-2013 10:14 AM

Personally, I think only 2 of those QB's go in round 1. But given your scenario, with Glennon gone, we don't grab a QB until later. A camp arm.

Alex Smith, Nick Foles or Matt Flynn will be our QB next year.

TribalElder 02-17-2013 10:15 AM

LOL

I guess Stanzi just can't figure out the real estate game like Brodie Croyle

RealSNR 02-17-2013 10:26 AM

If that happens, then **** all the QBs.

Take something else. Start Stanzi for the year. Suck another year.

Maybe in 2014, Dorsey won't be a such a huge ****ing idiot.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-17-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9410194)
Personally, I think only 2 of those QB's go in round 1. But given your scenario, with Glennon gone, we don't grab a QB until later. A camp arm.

Alex Smith, Nick Foles or Matt Flynn will be our QB next year.

The Jaguars deserve you as a fan. Go piss off with Cockmon

RINGLEADER 02-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9410025)
He doesn't make it out of the 1st....neither does Geno, Barkley, or Glennon.

I agree. If the Chiefs trade Albert for Joeckel it is 100% a money issue and the only way they're getting Wilson (who I would be fine with, height and hand-size criticism be damned) is if they move back into the bottom of the first round. Depending on the number of spots it could cost us a third or fourth, but frankly I don't think we'll have our third because either San Fran or Seattle will have it.

B14ckmon 02-17-2013 11:32 AM

You can always trade back into the first round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9410239)
The Jaguars deserve you as a fan. Go piss off with Cockmon

You really need to come up with something better than saying "Blackmon" as "Cockmon". It makes you look like a 12 year old. And I will steal your Charizard card.

HotCarl 02-17-2013 11:34 AM

There would still be some good options left. Hopefully we'd have Alex Smith or Foles on the roster to give whomever a chance to develop though.