ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reidís secret weapon (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563301)
Again...good players can overcome.

With an offensive coach that isn't a dumbass he can actually look promising as seen here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B76nh3VOChc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We also have an awesome ST's coach now. We'll see how much that helps.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9563326)
With an offensive coach that isn't a dumbass he can actually look promising as seen here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B76nh3VOChc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We also have an awesome ST's coach now. We'll see how much that helps.

Dude...watch the video.

THERE ARE LIKE FIVE TOTAL PLAYS IN IT.

ROFL

FIVE PLAYS. FROM AN ENTIRE SEASON?! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

RunKC 04-06-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9563335)
Dude...watch the video.

THERE ARE LIKE FIVE TOTAL PLAYS IN IT.

ROFL

FIVE PLAYS. FROM AN ENTIRE SEASON?! ROFLROFLROFLROFL

And he's making people miss, not something any player off the street could do like you stupidly claim.

But it doesn't matter. Dex could score 2 TD's in a game and you would still say he sucks.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9563361)
And he's making people miss, not something any player off the street could do like you stupidly claim.

But it doesn't matter. Dex could score 2 TD's in a game and you would still say he sucks.

I never said he had NEVER made a player miss.

He does it at a rate that is laughable, though. Players off the street can make a guy miss 1/100 times.

Dex will never score 2 TDs in a game, BTW.

Discuss Thrower 04-06-2013 09:56 PM

I doubt McCluster dresses for 16 games, let alone puts up 2010 level numbers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563283)
The idea that McCluster has not played well is 100% true and maybe he never will. The idea people are selling that he's not quick or agile is just your typical CP "when I hate a guy, I hate everything about him."

Again, when has he ever displayed either quickness or agility on a football field?

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563395)
Again, when has he ever displayed either quickness or agility on a football field?

Didn't you see that play where he juked a guy who literally has 100 pounds on him?

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563395)
Again, when has he ever displayed either quickness or agility on a football field?

This is an impossible argument to win with someone who has a set opinion on him. There are a ton of college clips of him outrunning players where a trailing defender gets completely schooled, and there are plenty of clips between college and the NFL where he shows the ability to change direction sharply and on a dime.

He was a playmaker at Ole' Miss and unbelievably productive. The idea that he did that because he was short, undersized, slow, and had no moves but must have had the offensive line of the 2003 Kansas City Chiefs... c'mon, man.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:08 PM

You're making this too complicated.

Does he have a history of making plays? No.

Does he have a history of turning the ball over? Yes.

Can we do better? By a factor of millions.

I'm gonna piss fire in game threads every time this worthless ****stick catches another football and does nothing with it next season. He needs a god damn reckoning. The last remnant of the Pioli shitpile must be flushed.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563406)
This is an impossible argument to win with someone who has a set opinion on him. There are a ton of college clips of him outrunning players where a trailing defender gets completely schooled, and there are plenty of clips between college and the NFL where he shows the ability to change direction sharply and on a dime.

He was a playmaker at Ole' Miss and unbelievably productive. The idea that he did that because he was short, undersized, slow, and had no moves but must have had the offensive line of the 2003 Kansas City Chiefs... c'mon, man.

The SEC is the best conference in CFB, but it's still an order of magnitude below the NFL.

Tim Tebow dominated the SEC. Danny Wuerfel dominated the SEC. Knowshon Moreno was a great back in the SEC.

What happened to them at the next level?

Some guys just aren't good enough to translate.

He's more Brian Shaw than Brian Westbrook.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:14 PM

I saw Tony Temple ****stomp a good SEC defense to the tune of 300 yards rushing. Never played a down in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563425)
The SEC is the best conference in CFB, but it's still an order of magnitude below the NFL.

Tim Tebow dominated the SEC. Danny Wuerfel dominated the SEC. Knowshon Moreno was a great back in the SEC.

What happened to them at the next level?

Some guys just aren't good enough to translate.

He's more Brian Shaw than Brian Westbrook.

I'm not talking about stats or yards. I am talking about the knock on him that he's slow, despite numerous clips of him outrunning trailing defenders in impressive fashion. I am talking about cuts/changes of direction we saw in college that we haven't seen nearly enough of in the NFL.

I am not defending how he's played in the NFL. I think he's played way below what you'd want from a guy like him. I also know his limitations. I just think it's garbage to say he's not fast or agile, when we've seen in college games and in practices that he absolutely is.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 10:20 PM

Do you think that agility might have something to do with the now-high school DB coaches he was playing against? Just a little?

MeatRock 04-06-2013 10:21 PM

McCluster is not fast in the NFL. He is shifty though. 4.5 speed can be fast in college, not in the NFL.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9563437)
numerous clips of him outrunning trailing defenders in impressive fashion.

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. ROFL

He gets caught from behind by guys who have 40 pounds on him every game.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.