ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193374)

Skip Towne 10-05-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImAWalkingCorpse (Post 5082986)
That does sound like something a current Nebraska team would do.. hell even Osborne's teams would still be trying to score when they were up 70-3, but I doubt any of their kids ever spit on an opposing player. I have never really met a Nebraska fan I like.

Meet Bugeater or Alanm then.

Blindside58 10-05-2008 08:57 AM

I'll take "what would a loser Husker fan say?" for $1000.00 Alex.

Spott 10-05-2008 09:02 AM

Life's a bitch when this thing called parity comes around. Now you don't automatically get 9-10 victories a year and get the best players because you were good in the past. Now there is plenty of talent to go around and if you recruit good enough, you can beat anybody. I don't care if our logic is flawed. We won by 5 TD's and would have put 70 on the board if we didn't take our starters out at the end of the third quarter.

Maybe NU can try to get a spot in the tradition bowl at the end of the year and play some other mediocre has been like Notre Dame, Miami, FSU or Michigan.

luv 10-05-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5082997)
Meet Bugeater or Alanm then.

Never met alanm, but Bugeater is cool as hell.

CoMoChief 10-05-2008 09:10 AM

There is a lot of truth to this thread. MU fans are enjoying it while it lasts because they havent won a national championship in anything relevant for a long long long time.....if ever, I dunno, I havent been alive since 1900.

Basketball once was their respectable sport while Norm was around.....even though he didnt do anything great. He was the Marty Schottenheimer of NCAA Bball. And their football program has been terrible to average for many many years.

This year they finally have the pieces to make a run for a national title. Their offense is the best in the country (I think at least) they have 2 heisman hopefuls along with 2-3 all american players.

This is their year to do it all if theyre gonna do it because if they don't do it this season, they won't do it for a long time. They may come close, but this offense is taylor made for Chase Daniel......he knows the offense like the back of his hand.

Whats better is that MU can run the ball and they can run it well, which makes this offense nearly unstoppable.

But once Daniel, Maclin, and Coffman are gone, This offense isn't going to be anywhere close to what is was this and last season.

I made this same argument to my dad this past basketball season, I told him if KU is going to win a national title they better do it this season because they have the talent to do so and everyone would be leaving after the season regardless.

The same goes for MU fball this season.

MU gets a 5 star recruit here and there. Texas and OU are flooded with the best talent in the NCAA year after year. OU and TX are always ranked in the preseason, usually top 10.

Unfortunately I don't see MU being ranked at all next season.....at least to start out with.

beavis 10-05-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5082970)
Daniel says Husker spit on him

I was going to post this too. What a joke.

Spott 10-05-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5082953)
Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Colorado has a completely bogus share of a national championship in '89. Everyone know that CU lost that 5th down game to a terrible Mizzou team that year to go along with a bogus victory against Notre Dame when that phantom holding call stopped ND's go ahead touchdown. CU finished the season with a loss and a tie while Georgia Tech ended the season undefeated without the the help of 2 victories given to them by incompetent refs.

mdstu 10-05-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 5082999)

This thread reminds me of the post-game Cutler quote.

the Talking Can 10-05-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5082953)
You say tradition doesn't matter, yet you're so excited about ending your 30-year losing streak in Lincoln.

You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

Something doesn't add up.

I'm not crying in my beer over Nebraska's loss last night. I told you how the game would unfold. I don't feel your pain. You can't get it all back in two years.

Tradition is the reason you're so excited. You want what Nebraska, Texas and Oklahoma have. You are getting a small taste of it. A national title and a Heisman this season would only be one step. You must sustain similar success over decades.

I think Kansas State and Colorado have more tradition than Mizzou. K-State recently won a conference title. Colorado has a national title and a Heisman.

Pelini will need several seasons to turn around the program - just like Gary Pinkel and Mark Mangino needed. Nebraska has no talent on either side of the ball. The defense isn't fast enough to blitz effectively. The offense is overrated, and the play calling sucks. I hate some of their pass plays.

It's a process. Instant gratification wasn't going to happen. You know that from your own experience.

Last year's Huskers gave up and made tons of mistakes. This year's Huskers make mistakes because they're too aggressive. I'll take the aggression.

Callahan never would've apologized to the state like Pelini did last night.

Think about the things I have mentioned here.

the most pathetic sour grapes post ever...and i'm a ku fan

lose like a man, you emo goof....

and your HC is the college equivalent of Gunther Cunningham....think about that

the Talking Can 10-05-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindside58 (Post 5082999)

rep

KcMizzou 10-05-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 5083062)
the most pathetic sour grapes post ever...and i'm a ku fan

lose like a man, you emo goof....

and your HC is the college equivalent of Gunther Cunningham....think about that

LMAO

gblowfish 10-05-2008 09:43 AM

Sam Hall can kiss my lemony fresh ass.

Frazod 10-05-2008 09:45 AM

Well, Dicknose isn't going to turn anything around if he can't recruit. And seriously, other than kids from Nebraska, who would want to play for the Huskers right now?

Your team is basically the Big XII's answer to the Raiders.

Oh, and I almost forgot: :deevee:

Adept Havelock 10-05-2008 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ROFL. Someone should tell Sam there's no crying in football.

alanm 10-05-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5083072)
Well, Dicknose isn't going to turn anything around if he can't recruit. And seriously, other than kids from Nebraska, who would want to play for the Huskers right now?

Your team is basically the Big XII's answer to the Raiders.

Oh, and I almost forgot: :deevee:

Just got home this morning and I knew it was going to be brutal on here...
But Tim... I expect better from you.