ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How many cancer sticks have you smoked in your lifetime? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272370)

Frosty 04-23-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9615570)
This is a spinoff of a thread highjack....

Here is a calculator that lets you figure how many cigarettes you've smoked in your lifetime.

For those of us who either smoke or have smoked, it is pretty mind-boggling how many coffin nails we've inhaled.

Me, I quit about 16 and a half years ago. Still, I smoked about 118706 cigarettes, or about 5935 packs of cigarettes. The number is probably a bit higher, but still, that is a lot of cigarettes if you think about it.

Another way of looking at it, if you place the cigarettes end to end (assuming king sized, once again, not always the case), I would of smoked a cigarette that was over 5 1/6 miles long.

Less than 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9616531)
Where's the 'How many cans of tobacco have you dipped?' thread?

Ewww. 0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9616537)
Oh wait, dont they charge like $6 a pack now? Thats how....

Except the gubment gets a big chunk of that.

Fire Me Boy! 04-23-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9616491)
0. Like a bauce!

Weird. I pictured you as a Virginia Slims man.

RockChalk 04-23-2013 09:32 AM

2 or 3 drags. Started hacking up a lung, threw down the cig and never looked back. I think I was 12 or 13. Never chewed/dipped, either

Smoked my fair share of marijuana from 17-19, though. And still will smoke the occasional cigar, maybe 2 or 3 per year.

Frazod 04-23-2013 09:34 AM

I've noticed that there does seem to be some correlation between people who have never smoked and people who are annoying twats.

Not in every case, mind you, but it does pop up enough to form a pattern.

Saul Good 04-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9616370)
If it takes 15 minutes, you aren't smoking it. My mom, who quit over 30 years ago and used to be a 3 pack/day smoker, told me she used to smoke 3 cigarettes in between classes in college- the classes she was referring to were 5 minutes apart.

I guess it depends on how you smoke. When I have seen people smoke, it has generally been at a bar bar where they are drinking and talking...basically a relaxed smoke. I'm sure that takes longer than someone running outside to take a smoke break at work when they are focused on smoking.

Kind of like nursing a drink versus aggressively drinking...

Mr. Laz 04-23-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9616599)
I've noticed that there does seem to be some correlation between people who have never smoked and people who are annoying twats.

Not in every case, mind you, but it does pop up enough to form a pattern.

well that's just a matter or perspective, isn't it?

people not like you are twats
you smoke, so people who don't smoke aren't like you

Frazod 04-23-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9616607)
well that's just a matter or perspective, isn't it?

people not like you are twats
you smoke, so people who don't smoke aren't like you

Actually I don't smoke. Quit smoking cigarettes years ago. Don't even smoke cigars now.

I'm just not a ****ing asshole about it.

Rasputin 04-23-2013 12:22 PM

I mostly was a pack a day smoker and probably at least 22 years that is 160710 cigarrettes 8036 packs of them. That doesn't count the years growing up inhaling my dads King Edwards cigars he smoked in the car, living room, out in the garage or just about anywhere.

I remember in grade school being called out of class by the teachers when I wore my denim jacket them accusing me of smoking.

I don't remember when I started smoking or how old I was just that I grew up around it & have smoked for a long time myself. Glad I quit this year in february hope to stay quit. I can now breath with out hacking up a lung.

Frazod 04-23-2013 01:30 PM

It was easier to smoke more back in the day. People watch Mad Men or similar shows and think it's funny that everybody was smoking, but that's the way it was up until a little over 20 years ago. I'd probably go through two or three an hour at work, although they mostly burned away in the ash tray while I was working. The first smoking restrictions I encountered were in '89, when the admiral at Great Lakes imposed a work space ban and decreed that we'd have to go use a converted men's room in the basement as a lounge (God, was I pissed LMAO ). I could still smoke at my desk when I got my first civilian job in '90, and that didn't change until a couple of years later.

-King- 04-23-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9616309)
It blows my mind people are so judgmental. Probably because their mother didn't breast feed them. Isn't formula basically the same as breast milk? That's just pathetic.

:spock: You don't think smoking a pack of day of something that is proven to kill is pathetic?

Deberg_1990 04-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9617284)
It was easier to smoke more back in the day. People watch Mad Men or similar shows and think it's funny that everybody was smoking, but that's the way it was up until a little over 20 years ago. I'd probably go through two or three an hour at work, although they mostly burned away in the ash tray while I was working. The first smoking restrictions I encountered were in '89, when the admiral at Great Lakes imposed a work space ban and decreed that we'd have to go use a converted men's room in the basement as a lounge (God, was I pissed LMAO ). I could still smoke at my desk when I got my first civilian job in '90, and that didn't change until a couple of years later.

Heh, yea it's unreal to think everyone would just light up at their desks back in the day.

BlackHelicopters 04-23-2013 04:52 PM

None

Fat Elvis 04-23-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9617284)

Instead of end caps at grocery stores, they had ashtrays. There were ashtrays in hospital and doctor office waiting rooms. I had a doctor that chain-smoked and just flicked his ashes into the examination room sink.

Phobia 04-23-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9618042)
Heh, yea it's unreal to think everyone would just light up at their desks back in the day.

I walked into a tool rental shop in a part of town I don't frequently work a couple weeks ago. Smelled like cigs horribly. I thought to myself, "they must have really, really smoked a lot in here years ago". Then I watched the owner light up right there inside. Seemed so foreign and weird to me. I'm guess it hurts that guy's business at this point because I'm not even a snob about stuff like that and I was taken aback.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-23-2013 07:34 PM

Maybe 2 or 3

Lumpy 04-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9617342)
:spock: You don't think smoking a pack of day of something that is proven to kill is pathetic?

I have never quite understood the hate from non-smokers, such as yourself. I mean, really? LMAO

People like you bitched and moaned about others smoking in public places and you got what you wanted. Smoking is banned everywhere, (even outdoors... zoos, parks, etc.). Yet, you're still being a holier-than-thou douche and still bitching about what others do to themselves.

How would you feel if people ragged on you about all the dicks you smoke?

Mr. Kotter 04-23-2013 09:41 PM

Zero... :thumb:

Frazod 04-23-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619081)
I have never quite understood the hate from non-smokers, such as yourself. I mean, really? LMAO

People like you bitched and moaned about others smoking in public places and you got what you wanted. Smoking is banned everywhere, (even outdoors... zoos, parks, etc.). Yet, you're still being a holier-than-thou douche and still bitching about what others do to themselves.

I haven't had a cigarette in years, but I'd light one up right now if I there was a way to blow the smoke through my screen into the face of every asshole who behaves like this. One of hardest parts of quitting for me was shaking the feeling that they'd won.

Fat Elvis 04-23-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

It wasn't proven to kill back in the day, and it was socially acceptable. Quit being a dick.

Buehler445 04-23-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Everything kills you dude. Everything. I've never smoked a cig in my life, but don't rag on people.

I could stand to lose a few pounds. You drive in a car. Shit kills people.

-King- 04-23-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619081)

How am I being holier than thou? It's a pathetic habit that can kill you. It's as simple as that. You can do it all you want, I didn't bitch about you doing it. I never said that you need to stop. I just said that it's pathetic.

-King- 04-23-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9619129)
Everything kills you dude. Everything. I've never smoked a cig in my life, but don't rag on people.

I could stand to lose a few pounds. You drive in a car. Shit kills people.

LMAO You're comparing smoking cigarettes to driving? Really?

Buehler445 04-23-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619141)

Laugh your ass off all you want. You could die in a car crash tomorrow and Lumpy could live well into her 80's smoking happily.

You have to die of something.

Buehler445 04-23-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619141)

BTW I'm not saying smoking is good for you, but there is very little we do for ourselves that is good.

You're just here to call people pathetic.

lewdog 04-23-2013 10:04 PM

Because of people like Lumpy, my insurance premiums have increased.

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619098)
I haven't had a cigarette in years, but I'd light one up right now if I there was a way to blow the smoke through my screen into the face of every asshole who behaves like this. One of hardest parts of quitting for me was shaking the feeling that they'd won.

LMAO This reminds me of a story...

We were waiting in line at Ihop, (this was right before they passed the ban), and we had asked for the smoking section. The hostess apologized and told us that they were completely non-smoking. We said, "okay, thanks anyway", turned around and was leaving, (we figured we would just go somewhere that wasn't packed and allowed smoking).

All of a sudden this little gray-haired lady, (she must have been pushing 80 and looked like death warmed over), pipes up and says (loud enough for everyone to hear), "I'm glad they don't allow smoking... smokers are disgusting". That type of shit is uncalled for and just made her look like an uppity bitch.

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9619153)

Um, no... I blame that shit on Obama.

To the DC!!!

Edit: Btw, I'm quitting soon. Why? Because I'm working out now and I'm sick of paying $5 for a pack of smokes. Just had a complete physical done, too. Aside from being extremely stressed, I'm pretty damn healthy.

lewdog 04-23-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619162)
Um, no... I blame that shit on Obama.

To the DC!!!

I actually blame it on fat people.

Frazod 04-23-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619157)
LMAO This reminds me of a story...

We were waiting in line at Ihop, (this was right before they passed the ban), and we had asked for the smoking section. The hostess apologized and told us that they were completely non-smoking. We said, "okay, thanks anyway", turned around and was leaving, (we figured we would just go somewhere that wasn't packed and allowed smoking).

All of a sudden this little gray-haired lady, (she must have been pushing 80 and looked like death warmed over), pipes up and says (loud enough for everyone to hear), "I'm glad they don't allow smoking... smokers are disgusting". That type of shit is uncalled for and just made her look like an uppity bitch.

I hope you kicked her wrinkled old ass. :$2500:

Bugeater 04-23-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9619153)

Yeah, it's not because of the out of control health care costs across the board or anything...

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619168)
I hope you kicked her wrinkled old ass. :$2500:

Nah, but she got "the look". The, "listen here you old bitty, you're going to die soon anyway, so shut your dusty hole", look.

Frazod 04-23-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9619181)
Nah, but she got "the look". The, "listen here you old bitty, you're going to die soon anyway, so shut your dusty hole", look.

Heh. She's probably dead now.

Darn.

:fire:

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9619191)
Heh. She's probably dead now.

Darn.

:fire:

Why ya gotta do that, Fraz? Now I feel bad. :huh:

Lumpy 04-23-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619136)
How am I being holier than thou? It's a pathetic habit that can kill you. It's as simple as that. You can do it all you want, I didn't bitch about you doing it. I never said that you need to stop. I just said that it's pathetic.

You don't think that you're acting like a douche about it? Come on, King. The other non-smokers simply posted, "0", "zero", "nada", etc. Yet, you felt the need to throw out the phrase, "pathetic habit" and carry on.

It's an addiction. One that is extremely difficult for the majority of people to kick. The last thing that people struggling with such an addiction, (myself included), needs is someone talking down to them.

Mkay?

SLAG 04-23-2013 10:44 PM

~90K

Deberg_1990 04-24-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9619136)

I dont like smoking either, but its an addiction for many. Alot of people cant help themselves. Stop pretending your above everyone else.