ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

bevischief 12-09-2012 12:34 PM

Is the movement still selling gear?

007 12-09-2012 02:25 PM

WE STILL SUCK ~SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone 12-09-2012 02:26 PM

updated OP w/financials:

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00
11/25 Banner - $625.00
-------------------------
Total: $4,350.55

Current Paypal Balance: $1,984.05
Total Donations Received: $6,334.60

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9192802)
updated OP w/financials:

Expenditures:
10/7 Banner - $625.00
10/28 Banners - $1,250.00
11/16 Flyers - $375.55
11/16 Banner - $900.00
11/18 Banner - $575.00
11/25 Banner - $625.00
-------------------------
Total: $4,350.55

Current Paypal Balance: $1,984.05
Total Donations Received: $6,334.60

Assuming that SOC will not be giving out any leftover money to charity this off season unless Pioli and Crennel are both announced as gone, correct or not?

Reerun_KC 12-09-2012 02:33 PM

Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Can we get back to business?

Easy 6 12-09-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9192865)
Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Can we get back to business?

Getting too aggressive and mouthy without having the perfect message, could undo all of the hard won, nationwide good will.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9192865)
Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Can we get back to business?

Seriously... time to get back to business.

Obviously it was the right call to hold off last week, but it is time to continue the movement full force.

Fat Scott is already trying to capitalize off what happened last week to save his job.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9192909)
Getting too aggressive and mouthy without having the perfect message, could undo all of the hard won, nationwide good will.

SOC has the perfect message... Fire Fat Scott/Romeo and end this historic suckage.

Pretty simple.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 02:41 PM

CLEANING HOUSE WILL HEAL ALL - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9192865)
Are the SOC leaders and members done with the sympathy bullshit for Crennel and Pioli?

Can we get back to business?

I don't think it has to do with sympathy. If the SOC wants to win the PR battle with the Chiefs, we have to be cautious and not come off as a bunch of whiny assholes. The Chiefs have a multi million $ PR arm to sell their viewpoint. One perceived nasty act is all it would take for many Chief fans who are sympathetic to our views to turn on us.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9192857)
Assuming that SOC will not be giving out any leftover money to charity this off season unless Pioli and Crennel are both announced as gone, correct or not?

Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9192983)
Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

If our goal was to have Pioli removed, why would we just fold up our tents, admit failure, when we still have bullets to use?

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9192983)
Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

If you aren't willing to continue fighting the cause that SOC was built on... promoting change within the Chiefs organization then you should do everyone a favor and step aside and let other people take over.

You collected $$$ from people with one primary purpose... get rid of Fat Scott and Romeo.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 02:51 PM

Because ultimately the fans will decide with their wallets whether or not they approve next year. This was all about money already spent for this year.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2012 02:52 PM

Can't wait to see our SRS after this game. Should have secured the worst team in franchise history with this. Also the worst point differential.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9192983)
Not.

The money goes to charity at the end of the season regardless. SOC flying banners, flyers, "attacks" on the franchise are over. SOC will maintain a web presence and hopefully will become something of a facebook/twitter portal for Chiefs news.

Dude, the absolute worst thing is give in to the sympathy BS. Campaigning flyovers can still be done with wording tact.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9193073)
Dude, the absolute worst thing is give in to the sympathy BS. Campaigning flyovers can still be done with wording tact.

This is what Fat Scott is counting on.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9193012)
If our goal was to have Pioli removed, why would we just fold up our tents, admit failure, when we still have bullets to use?

Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9192968)
I don't think it has to do with sympathy. If the SOC wants to win the PR battle with the Chiefs, we have to be cautious and not come off as a bunch of whiny assholes. The Chiefs have a multi million $ PR arm to sell their viewpoint. One perceived nasty act is all it would take for many Chief fans who are sympathetic to our views to turn on us.

Some will believe that no matter what.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193100)
Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

:clap:

pr_capone 12-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9193045)
If you aren't willing to continue fighting the cause that SOC was built on... promoting change within the Chiefs organization then you should do everyone a favor and step aside and let other people take over.

You collected $$$ from people with one primary purpose... get rid of Fat Scott and Romeo.

This is the way it was going down from the very beginning. We have said from the beginning that the money would be donated to the B&G's clubs of KC at the end of the season. This is nothing new.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193100)
Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

So you are going to make a unilateral decision with the groups money

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 02:57 PM

The Blackout made a strong statement to Clark. It's in their hands now. One final, awesome, perfectly worded banner is all that's left. Maybe wrap it up with some nice charitable act as well, before giving the money to charity. I agree with this line of thinking 100%.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9193118)
So you are going to make a unilateral decision with the groups money

It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193100)
Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

If you have no intention of continuing the SOC cause after the season... even if Fat Scott/Romeo are retained then you should spend all the $$$ you have collected during these last few weeks on continuing to promote their firings. You should also stop collecting any new money.

People aren't giving you money to give to charity. If people want to give to charity they have endless direct ways to do so... Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc.

The fact you have decided to go out on such a whimper is frankly disappointing.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193124)
It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.

Bullshit, giving up now is new to me. We've had polls saying we should still soldier on with the cause with over 60% majority in favor of keeping the flyovers.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193100)
Clark heard us... there is no question about it. He knows we are not happy. He knows we aren't just a vocal minority. Continuing to trumpet the same message all season long next year will accomplish nothing.

At the end of the season... it really comes down to the people who supported SOC and their mission. Will YOU keep investing your time and money in the Kansas City Chiefs. Will people act on their displeasure and not renew season tickets? Will they pay for parking?

Nothing else we do, in terms of "acting out /Winston", will re-enforce our message any more.

I agree that is a valid option to take the SOC.

What I don't think is an option, is not to spend money to remove Pioli before seasons end, to try to save money for the Boy Scouts.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9193144)
Bullshit, giving up now is new to me. We've had polls saying we should still soldier on with the cause with over 60% majority in favor of keeping the flyovers.

:spock: Then you haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, Facebook, Twitter, or the television interviews.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:02 PM

What's the point of doing anything next year? It's childish at that point. You don't like the regime? Quit supporting the team financially. Quit supporting their sponsors. Flyovers would look ****ing stupid next year, IMO.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193124)
It has been stated for weeks. This is not new information.

It is to me. I just gave another $50.00 to fund more activities after the last banner flying at the request of SOC for more funding.

Not doing anything else with the contributed money is not okay with me and I bet many others. Please tell me there is some kind of misunderstanding.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9193140)
If you have no intention of continuing the SOC cause after the season... even if Fat Scott/Romeo are retained then you should spend all the $$$ you have collected during these last few weeks on continuing to promote their firings. You should also stop collecting any new money.

People aren't giving you money to give to charity. If people want to give to charity they have endless direct ways to do so... Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc.

The fact you have decided to go out on such a whimper is frankly disappointing.

What did you expect? That we would continue to fly witty banners over Arrowhead indefinitely?

It was decided back in late October that any funds exceeding the needs of the campaign would be donated to the Boys & Girls clubs of KC. We do not yet know what we intend to do for the Colts game.

007 12-09-2012 03:05 PM

I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193151)
:spock: Then you haven't been reading or paying attention to this thread, Facebook, Twitter, or the television interviews.

Really? The stated mission of SOC is pretty simple:

A group of fans dedicated to changing the culture at Arrowhead and returning a winning team to Kansas City.

I don't see anything in there about transforming into the Red Cross.

SOC has collected money under false pretenses if you don't use it for the stated cause... changing the culture and returning a winning team to KC.

Donating to charities doesn't accomplish that.

Fat Scott will watch you donate to charities and laugh as he uses the tragedy last week to save his job.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193162)
What's the point of doing anything next year? It's childish at that point. You don't like the regime? Quit supporting the team financially. Quit supporting their sponsors. Flyovers would look ****ing stupid next year, IMO.

Next year if Scott is here I'm finished as a Chiefs fan, KC was one more home game and this sympathy bullshit gives the franchise uses it as an excuse to keep Pioli.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9193208)
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

It's a major dupe if they stop the Indy flyover from transpiring.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9193208)
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

We plan on doing something for the Colts game, yes. dunno what tho.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9193208)
I certainly hope you still plan to fly a banner or two for the final home game. Please tell me you are not just giving up now. It is obvious the people donating money expect a banner to fly.

Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

With that amount of money, there should be at least two banners flown at the final game.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:09 PM

I think we ought to fly for Indy, maybe something else, I dunno, I'm just talking about next year.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9193212)
Really? The stated mission of SOC is pretty simple:

A group of fans dedicated to changing the culture at Arrowhead and returning a winning team to Kansas City.

I don't see anything in there about transforming into the Red Cross.

SOC has collected money under false pretenses if you don't use it for the stated cause... changing the culture and returning a winning team to KC.

Donating to charities doesn't accomplish that.

Fat Scott will watch you donate to charities and laugh as he uses the tragedy last week to save his job.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost....postcount=4876

10/26

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9050915)
edited OP



I want to address this so there is no question. If Pioli is fired, we will immediately cancel the two banners, we will take all remaining funds in the paypal account and donate those funds to the Boys & Girls Club in KC, and I personally guarantee that I will renew my season tickets. If he isn't fired following the season, SOC will cease to operate, all funds will be donated to charity, and I will put by STH jersey on a hanger until he is. Now there is no maybe about it.

Pioli must go. There can be no other end to this. He may be a fantastic GM in the sense that he makes you a lot money but that is only one part of his job. His first choice was to marry this team to a never was QB. Never has the term "ball and chain" been a more fitting analogy to the effect Cassel has had on this team. I could rattle on for paragraph upon paragraph on his failings but they have been expounded upon amateurs like us with the Pioli Facts and by professionals on ESPN.com, S&I.com, and msn.foxsports.com.

You were at the stadium 10/7 and you heard Cassel boo'd mercilessly every time he took the field. That wasn't organized. Those were individuals spontaneously expressing their anger and they all agreed. We aren't a small minority and we are very unhappy.


Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9193242)
Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

With that amount of money, there should be at least two banners flown at the final game.

We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.

007 12-09-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9193233)
It's a major dupe if they stop the Indy flyover from transpiring.

I'm just asking for clarification is all. He always said the funds would go to charity at the end of the season. He didn't just make that up recently. I just, ant to make certain one or even two banners fly for the colts game. You have to go out with a major splash.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9193242)
Like I said, I'm okay with stopping at the end of this year. I'm not okay with stopping all activities with that amount of money in the bank.

With that amount of money, there should be at least two banners flown at the final game.

We are stopping at the end of the year... not before the Indi game.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:13 PM

Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193254)
We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.

I'm cool with that too. Just not cool with keeping the money unspent before the season is over.

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9193255)
I'm just asking for clarification is all. He always said the funds would go to charity at the end of the season. He didn't just make that up recently. I just, ant to make certain one PR even two banners fly for the colts game. You have to go out with a major splash.

I know about the charity stuff, it's the indy flyover was asking for clarification on also because the way it sounded it seemed like they are stopping the campaign in general because of the Belcher thing.

BigRedChief 12-09-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193257)
We are stopping at the end of the year... not before the Indi game.

cool beans.:thumb:

You guys have run this thing the right way. We just to finish it the right way.

KCChiefsFan88 12-09-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone
I want to address this so there is no question. If Pioli is fired, we will immediately cancel the two banners, we will take all remaining funds in the paypal account and donate those funds to the Boys & Girls Club in KC, and I personally guarantee that I will renew my season tickets. If he isn't fired following the season, SOC will cease to operate, all funds will be donated to charity, and I will put by STH jersey on a hanger until he is. Now there is no maybe about it.

Pioli must go. There can be no other end to this. He may be a fantastic GM in the sense that he makes you a lot money but that is only one part of his job. His first choice was to marry this team to a never was QB. Never has the term "ball and chain" been a more fitting analogy to the effect Cassel has had on this team. I could rattle on for paragraph upon paragraph on his failings but they have been expounded upon amateurs like us with the Pioli Facts and by professionals on ESPN.com, S&I.com, and msn.foxsports.com.

You were at the stadium 10/7 and you heard Cassel boo'd mercilessly every time he took the field. That wasn't organized. Those were individuals spontaneously expressing their anger and they all agreed. We aren't a small minority and we are very unhappy.
You should ensure that there is a zero balance of $$$ by the end of the season so all funds that have been donated will have been used the for the ORIGINAL, stated mission of the SOC movement.

If you don't have any intentions of continuing SOC after the season, then why don't you ensure all the money collected for the cause has been spent by then... on the mission the cause was founded on?

pr_capone 12-09-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus (Post 9193287)
You should ensure that there is a zero balance of $$$ by the end of the season so all funds that have been donated will have been used the for the ORIGINAL, stated mission of the SOC movement.

If you don't have any intentions of continuing SOC after the season, then why don't you ensure all the money collected for the cause has been spent by then... on the mission the cause was founded on?

We were well on our way to doing just that until we had to cancel the banner flying over the Panther's game.

patteeu 12-09-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193254)
We need something creative with some of that money. 2 banners isn't going to do anymore than 1. We need some creativity.

Hire someone to fly a banner over radio row* at the Super Bowl:

WISH YOU WERE HERE AND PIOLI WAS GONE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM


______________
Or some appropriate outdoor SuperBowl activity if radio row is inside.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9193400)
Hire someone to fly a banner over radio row* at the Super Bowl:

WISH YOU WERE HERE AND PIOLI WAS GONE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM


______________
Or some appropriate outdoor SuperBowl activity if radio row is inside.

5 characters too many. But I like it.

bevischief 12-09-2012 03:54 PM

Highest paid GM=losing Saveourchiefs.com

Tribal Warfare 12-09-2012 04:05 PM

Change springs Hope- SaveOurChiefs.com

Bring Hope, New Regime-SaveOurChiefs.com

-King- 12-09-2012 04:08 PM

(# of blowouts) BLOWOUTS SINCE PIOLI. FIRE PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Buehler445 12-09-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193273)
Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

I'd send a couple.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9193561)
(# of blowouts) BLOWOUTS SINCE PIOLI. FIRE PIOLI SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Blowouts are open to interpretation.

Just use the record, it's damning enough.

23-39 OVER 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

23 WINS IN 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

bevischief 12-09-2012 04:19 PM

Highest paid GM=Blowouts SaveourChiefs.com

Easy 6 12-09-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193119)
The Blackout made a strong statement to Clark. It's in their hands now. One final, awesome, perfectly worded banner is all that's left. Maybe wrap it up with some nice charitable act as well, before giving the money to charity. I agree with this line of thinking 100%.

100% percent of THIS.

Why not go ahead with the food drive under a different tag, it'd be a WIN all the way around.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9193593)
23-39 OVER 4 YEARS - FIRE PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

My favorite. I suggested this one a while back. Clean and to the point.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 04:28 PM

How much would it cost to fly a longer banner? Something that allowed more characters?

pr_capone 12-09-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193670)
How much would it cost to fly a longer banner? Something that allowed more characters?

It isn't about money but legality.

Mr. Flopnuts 12-09-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193674)
It isn't about money but legality.

Ahh. Well, there's always that. :D

DeezNutz 12-09-2012 04:53 PM

All remaining funds should go to banners and informational handouts, IMO.

If that means that five planes are circling Arrowhead, that's beautiful.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-09-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193775)
All remaining funds should go to banners and informational handouts, IMO.

If that means that five planes are circling Arrowhead, that's beautiful.

This.

Go out with a boom. I mean BOOM.

007 12-09-2012 05:18 PM

three banners ought to do it. But they must be creative.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9193775)
All remaining funds should go to banners and informational handouts, IMO.

If that means that five planes are circling Arrowhead, that's beautiful.

The person whom we have the agreement with has 2 planes. I inquired about more and he said it might be possible and got back to me a few days later stating that the cost for an additional plane would nearly double his hourly rate.

I'm all for spending the money but lets not burn money for the sake of it being there. Year end tailgate for all SOC supporters? Two planes flying for two hours? Hire trucks to take donated items to a local shelter?

007 12-09-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193893)
The person whom we have the agreement with has 2 planes. I inquired about more and he said it might be possible and got back to me a few days later stating that the cost for an additional plane would nearly double his hourly rate.

I'm all for spending the money but lets not burn money for the sake of it being there. Year end tailgate for all SOC supporters? Two planes flying for two hours? Hire trucks to take donated items to a local shelter?

2 planes it is then. 3 would have been stellar though. heh

bevischief 12-09-2012 05:25 PM

We still have time to decide on what to do.

Highest paid GM=blowouts SaveourChiefs.com

007 12-09-2012 05:39 PM

Lets try to avoid waiting until the Wednesday prior to the game to make decisions this time though.

1ChiefsDan 12-09-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9193273)
Let's make up a "Worst Executive in Franchise History" award certificate, turn it into a printable PDF file, and have a mass mailing of them to 1 Arrowhead Dr. That's just off the top of my head. We NEED something creative.

Do it and I will mail a bunch from Colorado. ****, I will drive to several different parts of the state so they have different postmarks.

pr_capone 12-09-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9193957)
Lets try to avoid waiting until the Wednesday prior to the game to make decisions this time though.

You realize we just had 3 games in a row at home, right? That said, I apologize that I let less important things like my life interfere with the decision of what went on the banner. :D

bevischief 12-09-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denverdanchiefsfan (Post 9193961)
Do it and I will mail a bunch from Colorado. ****, I will drive to several different parts of the state so they have different postmarks.

Hell I live in North Dakota and can can hit several post marks from here.

007 12-09-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193983)
You realize we just had 3 games in a row at home, right? That said, I apologize that I let less important things like my life interfere with the decision of what went on the banner. :D

OHHHHHH OKAAAAAY. I'll give ya a pass. THIS TIME> :thumb:

bevischief 12-09-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9193983)
You realize we just had 3 games in a row at home, right? That said, I apologize that I let less important things like my life interfere with the decision of what went on the banner. :D

You have family/personal life first don't let that interfere.

Highest paid GM=Blackouts SaveourChiefs.com

-King- 12-09-2012 05:59 PM

"WE'LL USE HELICOPTERS NEXT YEAR IF PIOLI IS KEPT" -SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone 12-09-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9194045)
"WE'LL USE HELICOPTERS NEXT YEAR IF PIOLI IS KEPT" -SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

LMAO

Groves 12-09-2012 06:11 PM

Banners are by their short nature cutesy, and clogged with inferred emotion.

The way to express your point without the emotions that might sink our movement is with facts.

cold, hard, emotionless facts.

Any banner except a post-Pioli-firing one is going to come off as snarky.

It's already been said. We need a creative next step. Something similar to the food drive, but even more focused on Pioli's damage to the franchise.

patteeu 12-09-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9193660)
100% percent of THIS.

Why not go ahead with the food drive under a different tag, it'd be a WIN all the way around.

The risk of a food drive is that it could fail for lack of awareness. Flying banners is risk free as long as the message isn't off-putting.

thebigshow 12-09-2012 07:29 PM

PLAY BREASTON - CAN PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

long time lurker, strong first post i know.

This is within the character limit. Includes the website. Promotes the food donation (if it's still occuring, if not it could be changed to fire pioli) and addresss an important team issue with Breaston filing for grievance. I think it should be in the running. :shrug:

Hammock Parties 12-09-2012 07:31 PM

Pioli Doc has been updated with the following info in bold.

Note that I had to give Scooter a slight improvement in his record against winning teams, because I'm guessing the Bengals and Bucs won't finish 9-7 this year. The Steelers still might.

Don't worry, Scott will get some more losses vs winning teams when we play the Colts and Broncos.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub...y9VyvIaW70EkLc

Quote:

1. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli: 23-39 (includes playoff loss).
This is the worst record for a GM in Chiefs history.

Jim Schaaf: .387 (1976-1988)
Scott Pioli: .371 (2009-2012)
Quote:

2. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli against winning teams (9-7 or better): 3-16

2009: 1-6
2010: 1-3
2011: 1-3
2012: 0-4 (projected based on the Falcons, Steelers, Broncos and Ravens being a combined 37-15 this year)

TOTAL: 3-16 (includes playoff loss to Ravens)
Quote:

4. Chiefs have lost by 14 or more points under Scott Pioli 21 times in 62 games.

The Pioli regime, to date, features 62 games.

We have lost by 14 or more points in 21 of those games. That is 33.9 percent.

That means MORE than 1/3 of the time, Scott Pioli's Chiefs teams get their butts kicked.
Blowout losses (14+) by year

2009: 5
2010: 4
2011: 5
2012: 7 (with more to come, betcha betcha)

Compare this to a team like the Jacksonville Jaguars, who suck. They have lost by 14+ points 18 times over the last four seasons.

The Chiefs get their butt kicked MORE than the Jacksonville Jaguars have during the time Pioli has been here.

Bugeater 12-09-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebigshow (Post 9194489)
PLAY BREASTON - CAN PIOLI - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

long time lurker, strong first post i know.

This is within the character limit. Includes the website. Promotes the food donation (if it's still occuring, if not it could be changed to fire pioli) and addresss an important team issue with Breaston filing for grievance. I think it should be in the running. :shrug:

lol, hi chiefbowe.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.